Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nash's defense wasn't very good either but it still didn't prevent him from being a terrific player. Parsons would best suit the role of a play-making forward but currently he's being used more like a spot-up shooter. our guards need to slash more and dribble less imho, neither Monta nor Nelson is a legit play maker imho.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^But (we, Media, yada) don't talk about Nash being terrific. We have to wait for him to get back here then it'll be permitted. He'll make all the valley appearances under the guidance of a prestigious Scottsdale PR firm...snickering about the Lakers, falsely entertaining calls for him to once again don the uni of the O & 47 Phoenix Suns, snickering about the Lakers, not talking about his white wife giving birth to a black baby, snickering about the Lakers, accepting inclusion into the Ring of Honor, snickering about the Lakers, about the burst at the seams when he is asked about Kobe Bryant. Declining to answer, but, snickering at the very end then ending the interview snickering about the Lakers.

Then, and only ing then will he be a terrific player.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Leonard>>>Parsons

Switch them, Mavs are instantly the best in the West, he'd elevate everyone's game.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    nash's defense wasn't very good either but it still didn't prevent him from being a terrific player. Parsons would best suit the role of a play-making forward but currently he's being used more like a spot-up shooter. our guards need to slash more and dribble less imho, neither Monta nor Nelson is a legit play maker imho.
    This team has no problem scoring. I think Parson's needs to sacrifice some offense and put more energy into defense. He doesn't have to score so much. We got plenty of playmakers.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's playing better overall since he stopped camping at the 3 pt line all game imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    biggest irony is our best and worst defenders both have "chandler" in their names.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk is still a decent on man defender, and is good about ensuring people are properly positioned on defense, but is a TERRIBLY lazy help defender, which is the most important aspect of team defense.
    His PnR defense is awful, has no lateral ability anymore

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mavs: 17-7

10-2 against the East
    0-5 against current West playoff teams ( Spurs, Blazers, Suns, Rockets, Grizz )

They do have good wins against Washington, Toronto and Chicago, but that record so far against good West teams is scary as if you're a Mavs fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

10-2 against the East

They do have good wins against Washington, Toronto and Chicago, but that record so far against good West teams is scary as if you're a Mavs fan.
    Spurs looked the same early last season, and you know how that ended. It's too early to draw many conclusions yet...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

10-2 against the East

The Spurs went through that same last year.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Spurs looked the same early last season, and you know how that ended. It's too early to draw many conclusions yet...
    Oh yeah, the Mavs are a VERY good team. It's not that I don't think they're legit. The West is just so ing overloaded. A .701 winning % currently only gets you 7th in the West. I know they will start playing each other more and there will be attrition. Thunder are only two back in the loss column from Phoenix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah, the Mavs are a VERY good team. It's not that I don't think they're legit. The West is just so ing overloaded. A .701 winning % currently only gets you 7th in the West. I know they will start playing each other more and there will be attrition. Thunder are only two back in the loss column from Phoenix.
    yeah, the winning % in the West are ridiculous at the moment, but things really drop after the top 7... what's really re ed is that it's mid-december and you already have almost 30% of the league tanking, it's way too many teams. And it's not even that the next draft class has a plethora of over the top talent waiting in the wings, or that the league is watered down right now, you have guys like Melo, Rondo, Hibbert, David West, Carter-Williams, Monroe, Drummond, Amare, Oladipo, Favors, Hayward, Rubio, Pekovic, Kobe, Nick Young... all part of a tank (some hurt too though)... we're not even in January and some teams are already telling their players "go have surgery"...

Silver is going to have to do something about this, it's just ridiculous.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ^Now, NOW he "is going to have to do something about this"...you've already fed at the trough first, struck the template and now you want to close the trough. Look at ya:::all deeply concerned in stoic tones & furrowed brow.

Jesus H. Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Findog threw some light on this issue. We're fake contenders until we get a good PG in the backcourt, which we haven't had since Kidd gone.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

10-2 against the East

I was about to say the exact same thing as ElNono. Mavs are still developing chemistry. Give it time. Besides, mav fans know better than anyone how all that matters is getting hot entering the playoffs, considering how they looked like crap for almost all of March and April in 2011, looked like they would be 1st round fodder, then got called soft by Ricky C, got into a groove in the last 4 games, and won it all.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Findog threw some light on this issue. We're fake contenders until we get a good PG in the backcourt, which we haven't had since Kidd gone.
    Lol Once again offense hasn't been a problem. We miss Stevenson and younger Marion more. We got no good perimeter defenders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Now, NOW he "is going to have to do something about this"...you've already fed at the trough first, struck the template and now you want to close the trough. Look at ya:::all deeply concerned in stoic tones & furrowed brow.

Jesus H. Christ.
    why are you so angry, tbh?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    His PnR defense is awful, has no lateral ability anymore
    Pretty much. He is only surviving on defense off of his BBIQ and positioning, because physically, he's in atrocious condition to be playing defense lol.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Of the issues on the team, PG is as small as it gets. Their offense doesn't have any problems with ball distribution and movement. The team as a whole has a pretty good IQ and understands how to attack defenses/mismatches well. I think Jameer and Barea both are actually running the position pretty well offensively, doing a solid job of setting up half court sets and being patient.

The defense is the problem. If they can simply fix their lazy, poor rotations on defense, they will be an adequate defensive squad, because that is where they get killed the most, is off of poor rotations on shooters. Those are just unnecessary mistakes they are making. You can live with post players like Marc Gasol having good games, or speedy skilled guards like Jrue Holiday having good games, because they elite level scorers that even top notch defensive teams often have no answer for. The Mavs need to put the clamps on the role players that are eating their lazy defense up, or allowing lackluster shooters getting hot because they are giving up extraordinarily wide open 3s, such as Tyreke Evans, or Tony Parker. If they fix those things, they can compete for a championship, and there is plenty of time left for them to do so as their chemistry should only improve.

Thread Information