Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oooh maybe we could have another discussion about controlled demolition.

I like physics.
    Why don't you post videos of free falling buildings instead.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...didn't RG once accuse Truthers of being manipulated by group think?

The third major Zogby poll regarding 9/11 was conducted in August 2007. It was a telephone interview with a target of 1,000 interviews with randomly selected adults from across the United States, consisting of 71 questions, with a 3.1 percent margin of error.[6]

The results of the 2007 August poll indicate that 51 percent of Americans want the United States Congress to probe President George W. Bush and Vice President Cheney regarding the 9/11 attacks and over 30 percent of those polled seek immediate impeachment. While only 32 percent seek immediate impeachment of Bush and/or Cheney based on their personal knowledge, many citizens appear eager for clear exposure of the facts.

In addition, the poll also found that two-thirds (67 percent) of Americans say the 9/11 Commission should have investigated the collapse of World Trade Center Building 7. Only 4.8 percent of the respondents agreed that members of the U.S. government "actively planned or assisted some aspects of the attack."
    i don;t know what to say....these anti-truthers buy into their own BS despite public opinion clearly being against them...and they try and pass off their own conspiracy theory as the real and only truth...yes, in the words of those who support the 911 commission report....George Bush actually got one right.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG won't post videos of free falling buildings....I will

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG also won't be interested in this...but you should be....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yet Americans are still mostly under the notion that 19 random towelheads in a cave were expert enough to set up such an operation that could only be orchestrated by the CIA... it baffles me.
    WOW... a new 9-11 conspiracy thread.

Been a while since we went down that well-worn path.

So was there really four hijacked planes or what?

Outline your version of events that day?

Real planes? holograms? super space satellites? missiles? chemtrails? what.

Do tell.
    Al Quada was founded in the early 80s by USA to combat the Soviets in Afghanistan.

okaaay. So?

You haven't told me what you think really happened on 9-11. Flesh it out.
    The Bush and Bin Laden families have intimate connections. It wasn't everyone in the US government that was in on it.

It was conveniently used as a propaganda tactic to justify invading AFghanistan and Iraq, two wars that had nothing to do with eliminating terrorism whatsoever.

15 years into the War on terrorism and terrorism still exists. Nazi Germany folded after 6 years, ing Al Quada is still around in 2016.

There was no such a thing as a war on terrorism, it was just an imperialist ploy that needed a false-flag operation to get it going... that was 9/11

9/11 wouldn't even be the first false-flag operation in American history.... Gulf of Tonkin comes to mind.
    So you don't really have a theory.

You just *know* its wrong, "just 'cause." It makes you think you are better than everybody else because you "figured it all out", when you can't explain jack , kinda like the flat earthers.

Gotcha. Ghazi is right, and everybody else is just fooling themselves.

Unless of course, you know your theory can't stand up to critical thinking. Is that the case? I'm a bit confused. Can't, or won't flesh it out?

Can you clarify whether you can't given an alternate theory, or just won't?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 06-03-2016 at 11:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't you post videos of free falling buildings instead.....
    I spoon-fed you the physics. You failed to understand it. Your failure to understand why it is wrong is no longer my problem, Dan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...didn't RG once accuse Truthers of being manipulated by group think?

i don;t know what to say....these anti-truthers buy into their own BS despite public opinion clearly being against them...and they try and pass off their own conspiracy theory as the real and only truth...yes, in the words of those who support the 911 commission report....George Bush actually got one right.....
    Description of Appeal to Popularity

The Appeal to Popularity has the following form:

Most people approve of X (have favorable emotions towards X).
    Therefore X is true.
    Truth is not dependent on how many people believe a thing.

Do you think it is? Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth is not dependent on how many people believe a thing.

Do you think it is? Yes or no.
    Your missing the point again RG...perception is more important than 'truth' .... the US has gone to war based on nothing more than perception...people die everyday based on nothing more than perception....billions of dollars are lost and gained based on nothing but perception....people are arrested, beaten and tortured based on nothing but perception...babies die based on perception...truth....what do you know about truth? You can't handle the truth....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I spoon-fed you the physics. You failed to understand it. Your failure to understand why it is wrong is no longer my problem, Dan.
    ....Spoon fed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15 years into the War on terrorism and terrorism still exists. Nazi Germany folded after 6 years, ing Al Quada is still around in 2016.
    And the confederates only lasted four years. What's your point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your missing the point again RG...perception is more important than 'truth' .... the US has gone to war based on nothing more than perception...people die everyday based on nothing more than perception....billions of dollars are lost and gained based on nothing but perception....people are arrested, beaten and tortured based on nothing but perception...babies die based on perception...truth....what do you know about truth? You can't handle the truth....
    You aren't going to get an argument from me that stupid happened because we freaked out about 9-11.

Non sequiturs based on a single word won't get you any closer to proving your magical conspiracy plots that you think are driving all of this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Ghazi ran the away.

What does it say about the strength of ones assertions about what is true or not, when they can't be bothered to explain even the smallest thing about them?

I guess we know what to do with the OP's theory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....Spoon fed...

But each floor of the building was ultimately designed to resist support the weight of the structure above it.

This weight would be equal, by definition to ONE mass regardless of whether that mass was one gram or a million tonnes. So the underlying structure can hold ONE mass plus a safety factor of some sort.

That safety factor can be thought of in terms of the mass of the building.

If you assume that safety factor is 200%, then ultimately if the building collapse begins at the 90th floor out of 110, the lower 90 floors could support a structure weighing twice what the upper 20 floors would weigh.

This is the relative forces involved.

The simple physics here shows that the collapse about 25-30 floors down applies a dynamic force to the floor below it of about 29+ times that of the stationary mass.

Meaning that if the truthers are to be believed, the 80 floors below the collapsing section could have easily supported a safety factor of 2900% of the stationary mass.

Follow this logically and apply that to the 30 floors, 30*29, and you get a building that could have conceivedly been almost a thousand stories tall.

Since I have yet to see, even 40 years after the initial construction of the WTC towers, a building that is two miles high, I think it is a safe assumption that the safety factor was much less than 2900%.

In my calculations I ALWAYS gave favorable assumptions to the truther movement, and there was still more than enough force to ultimately collapse the buildng.
    "free fall debunked".

For NBADan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The OP may be full of , but we already know there were more conspirators than we originally knew about, that alone warrants a new investigation....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PE= m *9.8*413= 4073m

Mass is, by definition, simply a measurement of how much force a given amount of material will exert AT REST on an object that is resisting gravity.

SOOOO

The top floor would hit the ground with the same force as a 4073 story building, if that fall was unimpeded.

Now let's consider the fall of the top 30 stories.

They fell through the 3-5 floors of damaged sections and impacted the building below with some amount of force.

Let's call the distance accelerated as 3 floors and be generous. This is 11 meters.

Acceration of an object for 11 meters at 70% of gravity(dan's figure), would yeild an ending velocity of:

v^2= 2ad=2*9.8*.7*11=150=v^2, find the square root of 150, and bada bing, you get 12 meters per second

Subs ute this into the kinetic energy equation:
    ke= 150*.5*m=ke=75m

This means the 30 floor section impacts the undamaged portion with the kinetic energy of SEVENTY FIVE TIMES ITS MASS.

Think about this for a moment.

The lower section of the building is designed to hold that 30 stories stationary plus a safety margin of 10 or 20%. So the maximum force that the underlying structure could apply to that falling section is 1.2 times its mass.

Further:
    That falling section having as much kinetic energy as 75 times its mass means that it is effectively applying the same amount of force at the impact point that a 2270 story building would. if you held it stationary. (simple math: 30*75)
    For the statement "the building would not have collapsed without explosives" implies that the building could have been TWENTY TWO TIMES TALLER THAN IT ACTUALLY WAS without collapsing.

STILL FURTHER

Your calculations seem to imply that the building structure below could absorb 30% of the falling energy.

IN JUST THE FIRST 11 METERS OF A 400 METER COLLAPSE THERE IS 62 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF FORCE REQUIRED TO COLLAPSE THE BUILDING.

Your assumption of about 1/3 the energy used to collapse the building is about 20 times what is reasonable. (1/62*20= 1/3) (more actually, if you consider the further distance and mass)

What happens, then when MORE mass is added AND accelerated?

Even if half the mass falls away or off to the side, there is still FAR more force and energy than would be needed to collapse the building WITHOUT ANY EXPLOSIVES.

The funny thing about this bit is that even if you only consider the first 3 meters instead of the first 12 meters, there is still more than enough force to collapse the building.

In response to this, Dan produced a video from a nice young man who also did some calculations, but forgot that gravity didn't stop accelerating mass once it got moving.

So the best the truther movement can come up with are obvious beginners mistakes in physics to support their "it was too strong to collapse without explosives" bit.

Take bad physics, the inability to answer a straight question when asked, taking quotes out of context, outright making up, and what do you think a real jury would make out of that, Dan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spoon.

Fed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You aren't going to get an argument from me that stupid happened because we freaked out about 9-11.

Non sequiturs based on a single word won't get you any closer to proving your magical conspiracy plots that you think are driving all of this.
    ...not just stupid RG..... that has never happened before...

....3 buildings falling from fire
    ....simultaneous successful hijackings
    ....20+ terrorists, on the terror list, getting into the country undetected
    ....air defense drills going on on 911 (surprise)
    ....clone transponder signals coming form some of the hijacked planes
    ....mystery cell phone calls from planes moving between cell phone towers (anyone with a cell phone knows this pain)
    ....planes traveling at well above their g level...

I could go on and on and on....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    served....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...not just stupid RG..... that has never happened before...

....3 buildings falling from fire
    ....simultaneous successful hijackings
    ....20+ terrorists, on the terror list, getting into the country undetected
    ....air defense drills going on on 911 (surprise)
    ....clone transponder signals coming form some of the hijacked planes
    ....mystery cell phone calls from planes moving between cell phone towers (anyone with a cell phone knows this pain)
    ....planes traveling at well above their g level...

I could go on and on and on....
    When you look at each of these things that happened individually you could say, well, buildings could fall from fire into their own footprint.....never happened before but it could happen..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ....simultaneous hijackings in the US.....could happen....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrorists, some of who fought for Bin Laden in Chechnya, Afghanistan..etc.. getting into the US undetected...could happen....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, twoofers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Air defense drills for our National air defense system over Washington and NY on at NORAD, confusing our fighters in the air and somehow producing mystery transponder signals....could happen....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...cell phone calls from planes traveling 500+mph.........could happen....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Planes making incredible turns at speeds they were not designed to fly by at least one pilot who just weeks prior was kicked out of flight school because he could not fly a signal engine plane....could happen...

Thread Information