Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been calling for this trade since the lottery....in a "weak" draft, LMA for the #2 pick straight up would be the best GSW are going to get to put next to their trio, and it's a good deal for both sides. hope they take it and we don't have to give up #11, unless they give us Wiggins and the 2021 Minny pick
    Wiggins has to be included to match salarys or a bunch of other players. I have been on the trade for awhile now too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing about Wiggins, is that Pop managed to make Rudy Gay efficient. If he can do that, he can clean up Wiggins game to the point they may be able to flip him for an asset down the line.
    He also was better last season. He might be getting more mature. Would not put to much into it but it is why I would jump at the #2 plus him for LMA. Dont think I would be willing to give up #11 though because I am not sold on number 2 or him growing up.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Wiggins has to be included to match salarys or a bunch of other players. I have been on the trade for awhile now too.
    doesnt GS have a fairly large TPE they can absorb salary into?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doesnt GS have a fairly large TPE they can absorb salary into?
    I think it is under 18K and LMA makes 24K so he would not fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have also seen several articles that GS has been trying to get a star and has been turned down by the teams they have reached out with using the #2 pick. I would not do #2 plus wiggins for LMA and #11 but I am almost certain GS would. I would bet they would even be willing to do #2 Plus Wiggins for LMA. I think there is an outside shot the Spurs could hold out for #2 plus Min 2021 1st with Wiggins for LMA. I think GS may try and roll with the team they have for that trade though.
    Honestly, I think #2, plus Minny's '21 pick, and without the Spurs giving up #11, is too much for Golden State to give up to be realistic, even if they are dumping an awful contract that also gives them breathing room in tax terms. Sounds like a pipedream. Having said that, and considering what Ex says about their salary situation being so dire, I could see a scenario where the Warriors are wholly pressed to trade #2 on the condition that Wiggins also goes with it, and not finding any suitable partners beyond the Spurs that would take him. Sounds like daydreaming, but stranger things have happened for sure - it'd be a blessing for the Spurs if we managed to get that haul.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I think #2, plus Minny's '21 pick, and without the Spurs giving up #11, is too much for Golden State to give up to be realistic, even if they are dumping an awful contract that also gives them breathing room in tax terms. Sounds like a pipedream. Having said that, and considering what Ex says about their salary situation being so dire, I could see a scenario where the Warriors are wholly pressed to trade #2 on the condition that Wiggins also goes with it, and not finding any suitable partners beyond the Spurs that would take him. Sounds like daydreaming, but stranger things have happened for sure - it'd be a blessing for the Spurs if we managed to get that haul.
    I think they may walk at that too but I also would not do it for Mini pick instead of # 2 because we dont know where Mini will end up. Some other things to look at if the Spurs feel #2 is not enough (I think they would if they keep 11 (i know I would) eould be getting either their pick next year or their 2nd this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny, it wasn't long ago where we all thought the Spurs had zero chance of moving into the top 10 with the kind of "assets" we have. Turns out, This draft is so weak up top that it's looking like they'd settle for our garbage. (or maybe it was just ST downplaying the value of our players)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul is a worse contract then Wiggins. Some people always go for the Star names.
    i would be all for this trade if Paul was younger but he’s like 36 double the contract of Murray .
    It’s actually debatable on who’s contract is worse considering Paul improved his play and has one less year on his deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing about Wiggins, is that Pop managed to make Rudy Gay efficient. If he can do that, he can clean up Wiggins game to the point they may be able to flip him for an asset down the line.
    I agree with this possibility... I also have to take in account that wiggins got his contract not ling ago so his value around the league may not be as low as we think on ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If pop last that long
    If Duncan helps him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst contract right now is the one you have to attach an asset to move so that's Wiggins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s a crazy idea:
    LMA & Forbes for #2 pick & Wiggins from GS
    DD, Beli & #11 for # 1 from Minnesota

Full rebuild and pick of the litter 2x

Just an idea, no idea if either is even possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s a crazy idea:
    LMA & Forbes for #2 pick & Wiggins from GS
    DD, Beli & #11 for # 1 from Minnesota

Full rebuild and pick of the litter 2x

Just an idea, no idea if either is even possible.
    Forbes and Marco are free agents.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna happen. GSW needs a Big-Man. Looney is not enough if they want to go against the Lakers. They can pick Wiseman at 2.
    They don't want a rookie with Curry already 33. They want to win right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they may walk at that too but I also would not do it for Mini pick instead of # 2 because we dont know where Mini will end up. Some other things to look at if the Spurs feel #2 is not enough (I think they would if they keep 11 (i know I would) eould be getting either their pick next year or their 2nd this year.
    Tbh, I'm not interested in the slightest on Warriors' picks beyond this year's. They are a solid organization and, though their core is aging, will probably at least make the playoffs for a couple more seasons after next one. Curry and Klay's games should age pretty well, so those picks wouldn't be of too much value. In comparison, I have much, much less faith in Minnesota to pull it together in time for the '21 pick to not be worth trading for. Lastly, for sure agree with you that the centerpiece of any deal with GSW has to be #2 and not the Minny pick, which might not even be top-5 with KAT and Dlo on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny, it wasn't long ago where we all thought the Spurs had zero chance of moving into the top 10 with the kind of "assets" we have. Turns out, This draft is so weak up top that it's looking like they'd settle for our garbage. (or maybe it was just ST downplaying the value of our players)
    It's a bit of an unexpected situation, because moreso than the top of the draft being actually weak, there's just not a lot of info on the prospects, so the top picks carry a lot more "negative" perceived value than in any other regular year due to increased bust chances. I think if COVID never happened, even though the top draftees would be the same "bad" pool, teams would be fighting for a chance to draft Wiseman or Edwards (or maybe some other prospect that caught fire during March Madness or whatever), instead of collectively trying to trade down, which further reduces the pick's values.

Makes it even more clear that this year is the Spurs' chance to pick at the top without having to tank for it. Make a trade with Minny/GS, draft well like they usually do, and we could be tremendously close to a full rebuild... Also, worth pointing out that we still don't know if any team will actually settle for our garbage, tho. It's just rumors at this point. Here's to hoping they're correct!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I'm not interested in the slightest on Warriors' picks beyond this year's. They are a solid organization and, though their core is aging, will probably at least make the playoffs for a couple more seasons after next one. Curry and Klay's games should age pretty well, so those picks wouldn't be of too much value. In comparison, I have much, much less faith in Minnesota to pull it together in time for the '21 pick to not be worth trading for. Lastly, for sure agree with you that the centerpiece of any deal with GSW has to be #2 and not the Minny pick, which might not even be top-5 with KAT and Dlo on the team.
    I agree with they should make the PO the next few years. That being said Curry does have an injury history and I think Klay will be back to normal but you never know. I take the pick more to get something extra but also the next two drafts are supposed to deep. We might be able to get a player out of it. There are several players I like at the end of this draft so having another 1st is not bad. If we happen to pick a year where they struggle then it would be even better. Would not be something I would walk away from the deal on just I would always try and get the most I could.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs don't have to trade #11 I'd take on Wiggins. Either trade #11 or take on Wiggins, not both.
    I'm of the same mind.

Spurs giving up 11 to take back Wiggins doesn't work for me. There can be other things given up, like 41 + the rights to Milutinov. But 11 is too much.

And I don't even love Wiseman who seems to be the consensus top 3 guy worth moving up for. I think Okongwu and Williams might be better NBA players.

Wiseman probably won't deserve to even start over Poeltl as a rookie, maybe longer.

But I'm fine with the trade up if they kept 11 to mess around with.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a bad point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm of the same mind.

Spurs giving up 11 to take back Wiggins doesn't work for me. There can be other things given up, like 41 + the rights to Milutinov. But 11 is too much.

And I don't even love Wiseman who seems to be the consensus top 3 guy worth moving up for. I think Okongwu and Williams might be better NBA players.

Wiseman probably won't deserve to even start over Poeltl as a rookie, maybe longer.

But I'm fine with the trade up if they kept 11 to mess around with.
    -I think the issue is that GSW taking on Aldridge adds $27.7 million to their expensive roster, plus they're in the repeater tax. They almost have to move Wiggins to off-set incoming salary.

-If its Aldridge for #2 and Wiggins then that's a no-brainer for the Spurs. Rumor is that GSW wants Saddiq Bey though, so there probably wouldn't be a deal unless the Spurs include 11. I think I would still do Aldridge +11 for Wiggins +2 tbh.

-I've warmed up to Wiseman. I think his floor is better a De'Andre Jordan, his ceiling is probably a bigger, better free-throw shooting prime Dwight-- that's easily a 20 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.5 -3 bpg type of player. IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair point but Gay was already starting to become a more efficient player in Sac. Pop did put him in better situations to succeed though. Still, even if Wiggins improves, that contract is the biggest issue. I think he'll still be a valuable expiring contract, if the Spurs are in the asset acquisition game in 2 seasons. They can ship him out for other team's bad salary and get additional picks in the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a bit of an unexpected situation, because moreso than the top of the draft being actually weak, there's just not a lot of info on the prospects, so the top picks carry a lot more "negative" perceived value than in any other regular year due to increased bust chances.
    This is the interesting thing for me. Also how has a prospect utilised this time to improve physically, mentally and their overall prospects as an NBA player going forward. With the right pick, you’re getting close to a 2nd year rookie. When the last time something comparable happened, we saw how advanced Kawhi was in some of his perceived weaknesses coming out of the lockout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dupe
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 11-06-2020 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Duplicate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is under 18K and LMA makes 24K so he would not fit.
    Also, Aldridge has a 15% trade kicker, which would push his salary up to $27.7 million though he could waive that. Wiggins still makes more so they could be swapped without adding additional players to the deal.

I wouldn't take on Wiggins even if they kept 11 tbh. I'd be fine with taking ty contracts via a 3rd team but no way I want Wiggins on the team unless they're 100% sold that Wiseman is Timmy 2.0.
    Wiggins is on a bad deal but trading Aldridge for him essentially off-sets next season, it would be an outright negative deal during the 21-22 season and then actually might become a valuable during the 3rd and final year of his contract as a massive expiring contract.

hypothetically, If there is a version of a deal between the Spurs and Warriors where the Spurs acquire the 2nd pick and keep the 11th-- with the only caveat being having to take on Wiggins, you do that deal every single time.

Spurs might have to eat Wiggins contract to have a shot at the number 2 pick. Wiggins is trash but I would be willing to risk it to get Wiseman. Spurs are not going to get that many opportunities to acquire superstar talent. They have to jump on it when they have the chance.
    Agreed. Spurs would have to completely bottom out to have a shot at the number #1 or #2 pick, eating Wiggins deal seems like a decent trade off if they think Wiggins is the real deal. If they hit on Wiseman or whomever they'd select then it's worth it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -I think the issue is that GSW taking on Aldridge adds $27.7 million to their expensive roster, plus they're in the repeater tax. They almost have to move Wiggins to off-set incoming salary.

-If its Aldridge for #2 and Wiggins then that's a no-brainer for the Spurs. Rumor is that GSW wants Saddiq Bey though, so there probably wouldn't be a deal unless the Spurs include 11. I think I would still do Aldridge +11 for Wiggins +2 tbh.

-I've warmed up to Wiseman. I think his floor is better a De'Andre Jordan, his ceiling is probably a bigger, better free-throw shooting prime Dwight-- that's easily a 20 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.5 -3 bpg type of player. IMO.
    I'm fine if it's Wiggins + 2 for Aldridge, or Aldridge +41 and Milutinov's rights. I don't hate Wiggins the player.

Just don't want to give up 11 when I'm not sure that whoever goes #2 is better than whoever goes #7 or #8. And could therefore slide to 11.

But if GS also wants to absorb Gay into their Traded Player Exception I'd give him over for free, or for a top 55 protected 2nd or whatever to make the trade work. That's a free throw in for them.

Thread Information