Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Same here. I must go through the jar fast enough that it doesn't go bad. But yeah, the all natural crunchy is the best. Stir it up and go.
    Same here.

But I pour the oil out first and then never stir it.
    I like how it changes from goo to mortar as I work away at it.

My prior procedure on how I use it to make a Reeses like snack is a big go to for me.
    I exercise a whole lot usually endurance type stuff now (running, biking, swimming, kayaking) and my peanut butter concoction is absolutely huge in keeping me fit if I crave calories.
    No sugar added peanut butter is the only kind I can stomach now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Taste can bring back memories

As a kid my mum would pack my Fantastic Four lunch box with PB sammie and Fritos.

There is a unique taste mixture that to this day when I do PB with Fritos brings back those early memories.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    my grandmother wouldn't throw it away though, she'd argue it's still good!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Haven't made these yet but the No Bake healthy recipe's have my attention.

No Bake Oatmeal Cookies (3 Ingredients!) - The Big Man's World ® (thebigmansworld.com)

The ingredients

• Rolled oats– Also called old-fashioned oats, they provide the chewy texture we love in a good oatmeal cookie! You can use quick oats if you like, but it will have a softer texture.
    • Peanut butter– Smooth and drippy peanut butter works best, as it is the easiest to mix into the dough. Try and avoid peanut butter that has added sugar or ones that have a crunchy texture.
    • Maple syrup– A refined sugar free sweetener that not only adds sweetness but helps bind the cookies together.
    You can do this with Karo syrup and Rice Krispies also. Boil the syrup, add creamy peanut butter, stir in the cereal. Spread on wax paper. Makes good peanut butter squares. Probably diabetes too!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You can do this with Karo syrup and Rice Krispies also. Boil the syrup, add creamy peanut butter, stir in the cereal. Spread on wax paper. Makes good peanut butter squares. Probably diabetes too!
    To me, that defeats the purpose of using peanut butter. Boiling and spreading on wax paper? I can pour a bowl of Rice Krispies and dip a spoonful of peanut butter and end up close enough.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    To me, that defeats the purpose of using peanut butter. Boiling and spreading on wax paper? I can pour a bowl of Rice Krispies and dip a spoonful of peanut butter and end up close enough.
    You do you, bro.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Really IMO the only place for peanut butter is in molé which is a sauce I crave every once in awhile

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10881583[/URL]]Really IMO the only place for peanut butter is in molé which is a sauce I crave every once in awhile
    Maybe your best post ever at least as point out mole. Hard to find at least where I live.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Maybe your best post ever at least as point out mole. Hard to find at least where I live.
    Yeah that 287 area between Ft Worth and Wichita Falls where you live is pretty white, bare, and redneck. Probably got to go to the metroplex to find legit Mexican food. The one mexican restaurant every hick town out west has just has the basic stuff and it more resembles Chef Boyardee than authentic Tex Mex.

Had the same experience in 2021 drive Route 66 in NM and AZ.... the Route 66 Mexican diners are trash. Go to a big city like Albuquerque or Phoenix and you'll find something good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10881953[/URL]]Yeah that 287 area between Ft Worth and Wichita Falls where you live is pretty white, bare, and redneck. Probably got to go to the metroplex to find legit Mexican food. The one mexican restaurant every hick town out west has just has the basic stuff and it more resembles Chef Boyardee than authentic Tex Mex.

Had the same experience in 2021 drive Route 66 in NM and AZ.... the Route 66 Mexican diners are trash. Go to a big city like Albuquerque or Phoenix and you'll find something good.
    Decatur has a great TexMex place with maybe a few authentic Mexican dishes but no mole. I can think of one in Saginaw that serves it but the chicken was dry as f when I tried it. The sauce was good though.

Your assessment of the area is pretty correct. But the crazy thing is that in the last year three Indian restaurants have popped up.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Decatur has a great TexMex place with maybe a few authentic Mexican dishes but no mole. I can think of one in Saginaw that serves it but the chicken was dry as f when I tried it. The sauce was good though.

Your assessment of the area is pretty correct. But the crazy thing is that in the last year three Indian restaurants have popped up.
    Indian food is excellent

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

It's not crazy, the DFW tech boom is real and has shifted west in the metroplex even since the last time I lived in DFW. Before covid it was mostly concentrated in Irving, Plano, and Richardson. But now there's a ton of Indians who have moved to the Southlake/Westlake area Charles Schwab, Fidelity, et al. offices and have probably moved quite a bit west of that in order to cir vent the crazy high housing prices in those areas.

Indian food is not my favorite, it's something I'll eat if it's free but that's about it. Got way too sick of it and the smell of it through all the years I worked in person pre-covid.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Indian food is excellent
    I've always like it but have only had it a few times. I'm definitely going to check them all out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I've always like it but have only had it a few times. I'm definitely going to check them all out.
    I usually get korma curry with either paneer or lamb, but I love biryani, vindaloo curry, and tikki masala. I've had some really good vegan cabbage/pea dishes too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I usually get korma curry with either paneer or lamb, but I love biryani, vindaloo curry, and tikki masala. I've had some really good vegan cabbage/pea dishes too.
    I don't even remember what I had. All three times were at the same fairly nice place that was located in a hotel in Fort Worth. We always had a pretty big group so we'd split a big sample appetizer. And I don't think I every took a bit of anything and said, "ugh". But it was definitely different. The only thing that's holding me back from trying these places near me are Yelp comments complaining about how dirty the places are. Not sure what that means. I guess I should probably just go check one out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Indian food is vomit on a tortilla.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    i like thai food more than indian food. more tasty/savory. but when you're in the mood for y, indian cant be topped

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    i like thai food more than indian food. more tasty/savory. but when you're in the mood for y, indian cant be topped
    Man...I love Thai food. And I've usually found they can add enough to make it "extra y" without losing the flavor of the meal. But I guess that probably dependent on each restaurant. I've been to other restaurants where you say, "extra y" and it feels like they just dumped ghost pepper sauce on it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I like both, but I wouldn't say Thai is more savory. But yes, medium is usually best for the first time you've been to an Indian spot. They can vary wildly and medium at one is Very Hot at another

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    All the Thai food I've had has been ier or had ier options than the Indian food. Most Indian people I've met don't even like food with too much capsaicin.

The Thai restaurant that I grew up with, Asia Kitchen on 410 & Marbach near the house I grew up, has "Thai Hot" which is ier than the Blazin' wings at BWW for comparison

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Man...I love Thai food. And I've usually found they can add enough to make it "extra y" without losing the flavor of the meal. But I guess that probably dependent on each restaurant. I've been to other restaurants where you say, "extra y" and it feels like they just dumped ghost pepper sauce on it.
    Give me the ghost pepper chicken all day and a quart of milk on the side & I'm good.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Give me the ghost pepper chicken all day and a quart of milk on the side & I'm good.
    I ing hate milk. But I love the hottest sauce possible. But not a restaurant. If I'm paying money for a meal, I want to taste it. If I'm at home, putting ghost pepper on chips, then bring it on. As long as the producer put some flavor in the sauce.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I ing hate milk. But I love the hottest sauce possible. But not a restaurant. If I'm paying money for a meal, I want to taste it. If I'm at home, putting ghost pepper on chips, then bring it on. As long as the producer put some flavor in the sauce.
    Dang, it's still a couple hours from dinnertime and you're making me hungry!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Northern Indian food is less y, southern Indian food will burn you

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Northern Indian food is less y, southern Indian food will burn you
    huh? I've found it to be the opposite, the Gujarati medical professional type people like more y capsaicin while the Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam people from Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai etc, basically your IT people, really don't like it y at all

Thread Information