Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    How do you think you could regulate all the ones out there?
    Never said you could.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Exactly what type of mass shootings are you talking about and why are we lucky there are hundreds that only involved 4+ victims?
    Not the types included in the stats you are quoting (gang shootings/domestic violence), the type that happened in Vegas, Orlando, Columbine etc.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are terror attacks in Europe few and far between?
    By your earlier definition, yeah.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Never said you could.
    But that's your proposal.

You're proposing something you don't even think would be effective?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not the types included in the stats you are quoting (gang shootings/domestic violence), the type that happened in Vegas, Orlando, Columbine etc.
    You'll have to give me an exact definition so we can work up some stats and make a TSA luck-o-meter to tell us how thankful to be.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Suite pictures leaking. Look legit and awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, nice try. What's talking out my ass?

Death rate increased during Prohibition, which was a black market created by booze control. Death by gunfire and by alcohol poisoning from alchy. Death went up like 70 or so %. Pretty simple, not much left to be misconstrued. You found a way. Good work.
    So basically you're saying if we try to prohibit guns because of all the shooting deaths, we will actually increase the number of shooting deaths.

Like by 70% or so.

K.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You'll have to give me an exact definition so we can work up some stats and make a TSA luck-o-meter to tell us how thankful to be.
    Random targeting of 4+ victims not gang/domestic violence related.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    But that's your proposal.

You're proposing something you don't even think would be effective?
    Yes I think my method of regulating them like machine guns would be effective as the frequency of them being used in mass shootings so far is a grand total of 1. How are you going to get rid of all the ones already in circulation? How much would confiscation cost? What percentage of people do you think would turn them in?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically you're saying if we try to prohibit guns because of all the shooting deaths, we will actually increase the number of shooting deaths.

Like by 70% or so.

K.
    LOL, sure. You go from "you're talking out your ass" on the statistics and then take that rebuttal to try and put words in my mouth. Good work.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Random targeting of 4+ victims not gang/domestic violence related.
    So the others just don't count as gun violence? The Plano shooting doesn't count at all because an ex-husband was the shooter? I'm trying to understand your reasoning here.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I don't see how you can remove gang and domestic violence from the equation unless you think every one of those instances would have been replicated with a knife or car otherwise.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Suite pictures leaking. Look legit and awful.
    The picture of that er Paddock leaking out of his head was pleasant.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yes I think my method of regulating them like machine guns would be effective as the frequency of them being used in mass shootings so far is a grand total of 1. How are you going to get rid of all the ones already in circulation?
    Buyback.
    How much would confiscation cost?
    Depends.
    What percentage of people do you think would turn them in?
    Dunno. Willing to try.

How much would registration cost and what percentage of people do you think would have them registered?

Why do you think people need these devices in the first place?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, sure. You go from "you're talking out your ass" on the statistics and then take that rebuttal to try and put words in my mouth. Good work.
    I'm still sure you're talking out of your ass. I'm just showing you the picture after your dots are connected.

It's pretty stupid, tbh.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So the others just don't count as gun violence?
    The Plano shooting doesn't count at all because an ex-husband was the shooter? I'm trying to understand your reasoning here.[/QUOTE]Of course they are all gun violence. In your mind is there really no difference between what happened in Las Vegas and what happens on the streets of Chicago on a weekly basis?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Of course they are all gun violence. In your mind is there really no difference between what happened in Las Vegas and what happens on the streets of Chicago on a weekly basis?
    Other than the fact that you're so jaded about it you just use it as a political football, no. It just looks like an attempt to distract from the total gun violence this nation experiences as a whole.

You say this stuff happens in Chicago all the time but the very first time you even suggest some regulation on just a modification to existing guns is after a shooting involving some people you know. Now something needs to be done?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Buyback. Depends. Dunno. Willing to try.

How much would registration cost and what percentage of people do you think would have them registered?

Why do you think people need these devices in the first place?
    Most gun owners would just keep them illegally rather then do a buyback. Registration would cost less than confiscation I can guarantee you that. California has a massive list of illegal person's with handguns and there is not much they can do about it to make a dent in the list. Registration would also come with a tax stamp so you are off setting the set up of registration to begin with. I think more people would register than do a buyback.

People don't need them, but some people find them fun. And 99.99% of people haven't used them to kill anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most gun owners would just keep them illegally rather then do a buyback. Registration would cost less than confiscation I can guarantee you that. California has a massive list of illegal person's with handguns and there is not much they can do about it to make a dent in the list. Registration would also come with a tax stamp so you are off setting the set up of registration to begin with. I think more people would register than do a buyback.

People don't need them, but some people find them fun. And 99.99% of people haven't used them to kill anyone.
    I've been told gun control only stops good people from getting guns. So in the event a buyback was implemented, are all these illegal gun owners by definition bad people?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why would they bother registering if they think it's the first step to confiscation like the propaganda always says?

Personal nuclear weapons haven't killed one person.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still sure you're talking out of your ass. I'm just showing you the picture after your dots are connected.

It's pretty stupid, tbh.
    Keep reaching. You can't grab what wasn't there.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this thread...and ducks has officially reached a new low. Didn't think that was possible.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Other than the fact that you're so jaded about it you just use it as a political football, no. It just looks like an attempt to distract from the total gun violence this nation experiences as a whole.

You say this stuff happens in Chicago all the time but the very first time you even suggest some regulation on just a modification to existing guns is after a shooting involving some people you know. Now something needs to be done?
    You asked me what I think should be done, I didn't come into this thread crying about bumpfire stocks because I knew people at the concert. This is literally the first mass shooting we've ever seen with a bumpfire stock, were you constantly writing your representatives asking for them to be banned before this happened? Did you do anything to get them confiscated before this happened? They've been around for years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personal nuclear weapons haven't killed one person.
    There's a fart joke to be made there about Taco Cabana or something to do with fat Mexicans and San Antonio. SpursforSix territory, I'll leave it to him...

Thread Information