Page 21 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Really hard to make drastic tactical changes with Barca considering their players

They need to spend a few million dollars and aqcuire a versatile CMF ala Xavi next year specially with Iniesta getting older.

Xavi was such an underrated all around player..Decent positional defending etc. Coutinho is not that guy.

Again at this point its hard to make any tactical changes and Imo probably their downfall...
    They got Arthur from Gremio, only for next year though...he's gonna be great tbh but it's a shame he's going to barcelona

They got Arthur from Gremio, only for next year though...he's gonna be great tbh but it's a shame he's going to barcelona
    Only seen highlights a couple weeks ago.

How is he defensively?

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Only seen highlights a couple weeks ago.

How is he defensively?
    Pretty good tbh, good fundamentals, rarely is out of position, no dumb fouls...complete midfielder IMO tbh and still room to grow

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Also Coutinho and ¿Griezmann?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Basically only Juup Heycnkes can stop a Madrid CL Threepeat at this point..
    Yup

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Holy

Just got home and immediately had to change pants when i saw the score. I checked the score at halftime on my cellphone, 1-0 Roma, but never in my wildest dreams i thought they had a shot

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    It will be difficult for Madrid to win Juve another time, but they have done that with Atlético. Another small advantage is that the second leg is at the Bernabéu. So it's not out of question, but it's far from sure.

As a matter of fact, people give little chance to Roma or Sevilla, but they could obviously pull out a surprise. I mean, who would bet Roma was to leave Atleti out of the Champions or that Sevilla would eliminate Moi's United.

Basically, at this stage there are no weak teams. It's just few games anyone could win.

That being said, Barça is showing outlandish consistency. The only way they lose this Champions is a sudden dip in form.
    Apparently, I was right about Roma. People were talking Barça was lucky with the draw, sincerely I doubt Juve can pull a surprise at the Bernabeu, they will need to score 5 if Madrid makes just one goal.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count
    My IronMexican is throwing a pachanga somewhere in LA.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Liverpool FC
    Post Count
    Almost forgot:

Coutinho
    County, Suarez and Sterling!

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Almost forgot:

Coutinho
    Why? He can still win this cup

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    At this point, i have a hard time understanding the thought process of midgetfans and people that claim midget he's the GOAT.

GOATs don't continuously come up short in NT finals and CL KO games. GOATs elevate their game when the opposition gets tougher and impose their will on the match.

This is not just my opinion either, as numbers show midget's production drops significantly when he faces the best national teams and clubs in the world. Then midgetfans like FAP are forced to post midget highlights from almost a decade ago trying to prove me wrong

If dribbling through a few la liga scrubs makes you the GOAT, then the bar is just set too low these days

I feel like a lot of midgetfans base their argument on skill level mostly, which is a re ed argument. I mean there's no denying that midget is one of the most skilled to ever do it, but i'm a fan of Kobe and even i don't think he's the GOAT, even though he's arguably the most skilled basketball player ever

Reality is, midget won 1 CL in the past 7 seasons while Ronaldo won 3 and has a shot at a 4th, coming in the form of a 3peat. Everything else is grasping at straws. Just to put things in perspective, last time midget scored a goal in a CL quarter final, Real had 9 CL trophies, that's how much of a non-factor he is

I'm sure midgetfans would have liked to see midget score a tap in to advance to the semi, you know the ones they criticize Ronaldo for

At the end of the day, goals win football gamesPERIOD and that GOATnaldo does better than anyone else. You know what doesn't win games? Having 80% ball possession with no objectivity, trying to bore your opponent to death and the occasional midget nutmeg

Whether you like him or not, Ronaldo continues to step up to the plate, produce and his goals translate to hardware and that's the true brand of a champion and greatPERIOD

Ronaldo is an anomaly, he's not supposed to be this good, have those stats and win this much at the age of 33 but it's not by coincidence. Ronaldo and Zidane adjusted his game to this stage of his career, Man United Ronaldo is a distant memory. On the other hand, Midget and Barca are still playing like it's 2009 but prime Xavi is not walking through that door

I'm not even gonna get into stuff like will, leadership and clutch gene. You may call it intangibles but watching both Ronaldo and Messi play the last handful of seasons, they seem to be very real and Ronaldo is lightyears ahead of Messi in those departments.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Also in typical midget fashion, he goes scoreless in the 1st leg, scores an hattrick against ing Leganes and scoreless again in the 2nd leg.

The story of his career last few seasons

Numbers don't lie no matter how much his fans

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Also @ FAP and amuseddayFAP and how much they wanted to see Barca going up against the Real dynasty only to be Golden State'd by Roma

CL Naldo would have been all up in that ass and left you on the side of the road with an anal prolapse

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Ronaldo dismantled Roma in 2016, also Juve this season (and many, many other teams). Curiously, both teams Barça struggled with, while Messi disappeared. Maybe lacks confidence or his game isn't as effective when things get difficult.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Alexis rubbing salt in the wound

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    And to think Roma gifted Barca 2 own goals and midget & friends still found a way to choke

His lack of answer to what was happening on the pitch was a character teller. He should have ripped his players a new asshole on halftime and have made a subs ution right away. Get Dembele in there for Semedo and tell them to go get that goal.
    That's a small club coach mentaily for you Which is why i would be wary of hiring these Bilbao/Sevilla dudes at the big clubs in the first place.

It was pretty clear that tie had to be won after the first minutes goal from Roma. Instead he elected to play the percentages as if he were in charge of Shakhtar not Barcelona.. Also why the didn't he rotate vs Leganes at the weekend? The players looked dead tired ..

It's a bigger problem than Messi, IMO..Barca has been godawful away from home in KO stage even against average and lowly compe ion..And that's going back to the Guardiola years actually..

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    damn sons EPIC tbh, as ing roma gave these gots a trashing tbh.

saw this in milano yesterday, with work tbh .. people where cheering roma won in milan

lmao thinking maradona would've allowed this ... it's obvious that barcelona are like argentina : winning on talent, zero leadership, just a bunch of boy fake s. penaldo throwing mother ing bycicle kicks vs buffon while missi chokes as usual

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count

It's a bigger problem than Messi, IMO..Barca has been godawful away from home in KO stage even against average and lowly compe ion..And that's going back to the Guardiola years actually..
    I disagree son, barca has enormous talent but they lack character, they lack elite leadership to keep s in line and put them to work. The real goats would've whooped this team into shape, put zidane in midfield on that team and it's OVER.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    At this point, i have a hard time understanding the thought process of midgetfans and people that claim midget he's the GOAT.

GOATs don't continuously come up short in NT finals and CL KO games. GOATs elevate their game when the opposition gets tougher and impose their will on the match.

This is not just my opinion either, as numbers show midget's production drops significantly when he faces the best national teams and clubs in the world. Then midgetfans like FAP are forced to post midget highlights from almost a decade ago trying to prove me wrong

If dribbling through a few la liga scrubs makes you the GOAT, then the bar is just set too low these days

I feel like a lot of midgetfans base their argument on skill level mostly, which is a re ed argument. I mean there's no denying that midget is one of the most skilled to ever do it, but i'm a fan of Kobe and even i don't think he's the GOAT, even though he's arguably the most skilled basketball player ever

Reality is, midget won 1 CL in the past 7 seasons while Ronaldo won 3 and has a shot at a 4th, coming in the form of a 3peat. Everything else is grasping at straws. Just to put things in perspective, last time midget scored a goal in a CL quarter final, Real had 9 CL trophies, that's how much of a non-factor he is

I'm sure midgetfans would have liked to see midget score a tap in to advance to the semi, you know the ones they criticize Ronaldo for

At the end of the day, goals win football gamesPERIOD and that GOATnaldo does better than anyone else. You know what doesn't win games? Having 80% ball possession with no objectivity, trying to bore your opponent to death and the occasional midget nutmeg

Whether you like him or not, Ronaldo continues to step up to the plate, produce and his goals translate to hardware and that's the true brand of a champion and greatPERIOD

Ronaldo is an anomaly, he's not supposed to be this good, have those stats and win this much at the age of 33 but it's not by coincidence. Ronaldo and Zidane adjusted his game to this stage of his career, Man United Ronaldo is a distant memory. On the other hand, Midget and Barca are still playing like it's 2009 but prime Xavi is not walking through that door

I'm not even gonna get into stuff like will, leadership and clutch gene. You may call it intangibles but watching both Ronaldo and Messi play the last handful of seasons, they seem to be very real and Ronaldo is lightyears ahead of Messi in those departments.
    All that brick of wall just to say some re ed .

BTW, I love Sidenaldo's leadership in all those early exits at World Cups.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    ^
    TRIGGERED

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    All that brick of wall just to say some re ed .

BTW, I love Sidenaldo's leadership in all those early exits at World Cups.
    I understand your pain FAP. Facts and numbers hurt

It's funny how everytime you talk about Ronaldo vs Messi these days, you keep bringing up the distant past. Recent memory and present don't look too bright for midget, huh?

Now run along FAP and go scavenge youtube for midget highlights from a decade ago

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I understand your pain FAP. Facts and numbers hurt

It's funny how everytime you talk about Ronaldo vs Messi these days, you keep bringing up the distant past. Recent memory and present don't look too bright for midget, huh?

Now run along FAP and go scavenge youtube for midget highlights from a decade ago
    Facts? You say re ed like "Messi doesn't show up for the big games" as if he didn't had a history of coming up huge in big games.

You want facts from the present? Sidenaldo better not choke this CL 'cause he will go ringless this season, since he will probably go out on the group stage of the WC like he's accostumed to do. Remember that the WC doesn't allow for 3 out of the 4 group team to qualify for the next round, tbh.
    Last edited by DAF86; 04-11-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Thread Information