Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC’s vaunted loaded roster doesn’t seem all that loaded tbh
    OKC’s youth and inexperience will catch up with them at the playoffs. They needed a Jrue Holiday just to steady the boat. But they’ll be fine next year… dammit

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing these playoffs has shown is that defense is more about how the refs call the game than what the players do on the court. Now that refs are "letting them play" all these teams who routinely scored around 120 are struggling to crack a 100

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I watch Derrick in the playoffs, the more I want him back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like he’d want to come back

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing these playoffs has shown is that defense is more about how the refs call the game than what the players do on the court. Now that refs are "letting them play" all these teams who routinely scored around 120 are struggling to crack a 100
    And how they call the game is a) hugely important to the outcome and b) utterly mystifying. I watched the league MVP take an obvious elbow to the chin and they let it go, then teed up his coach for noticing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like he’d want to come back
    I mean if the Celtics don't win again this year, he would have to consider coming back to play with Wemby. I rather have him than Trae young or Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And how they call the game is a) hugely important to the outcome and b) utterly mystifying. I watched the league MVP take an obvious elbow to the chin and they let it go, then teed up his coach for noticing.
    Jokic famously gets no calls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Bickerstaff without Mitc and Jaret Allen.
    WTH is he supposed to do?

Yet purportedly under heat from ownership because they claim the minutes he played Mitc may have caused the injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at Denver, OKC, Minnesota, and Dallas, you see the combo of draft picks that hit and then at least one major trade move that hits-- Shai, Aaron Gordon, Gobert & Conley, Irving, Gafford, PJ.... this is the area where Brian Wright still has to prove himself. He's been good at nibbling around the edges to get draft picks and unloading role players for assets, but he has yet to make that significant move that brings in an actual high impact guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been saying this. If Doncic was healthy, this series might already be over

SGA is superior, but depends on the midrange and getting calls. Jalen Williams was a steal but has a ceiling. Holmgren is perfect for them, but is too slight to dominate the boards like they need. Dort can be a very good defender. What else do they have for all those high draft picks?
    If mavs don’t miss a dozen free throws in game 4 series should be over. The thunder need at least one of their wings to perform big in these games and nobody home. When Spurs get back to the playoffs they might be in the same dilemma. , all teams are. I look for okc to be better for it next year. On the other end of it, mavs made some mid season support pickups that are carrying them.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Shai appears to get lots of calls…almost at will…

tonight he didnt get every call and they had little chance of winning…
    3rd quarter and Mavs had 2 FTA, OKC had 4. It was uncanny, if I saw that right.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3rd quarter and Mavs had 2 FTA, OKC had 4. It was uncanny, if I saw that right.
    wasnt getting all the calls- okc loses- check

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at Denver, OKC, Minnesota, and Dallas, you see the combo of draft picks that hit and then at least one major trade move that hits-- Shai, Aaron Gordon, Gobert & Conley, Irving, Gafford, PJ.... this is the area where Brian Wright still has to prove himself. He's been good at nibbling around the edges to get draft picks and unloading role players for assets, but he has yet to make that significant move that brings in an actual high impact guy.
    I'm a built not bought SA fan but starting to notice this template. I guess Giannis' last ring and then the GSW one were pretty original cast without going back and looking

Trying to find that one guy in Spurs rebuild isn't easy. It would be great if it was a player good but not name brand. Even better would be a former Spur coming back but only eligible player to the criteria would be imho White and not sure if that's realistic.

Just don't want ppl to say Wemby needed xyz established player to get there but if that's what it takes then so be it.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SGA seems pleasant but his low key flopping is annoying to me, but I'm glad the league is trying to move away from reinforcing such an annoying style of play for the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a built not bought SA fan but starting to notice this template. I guess Giannis' last ring and then the GSW one were pretty original cast without going back and looking

Trying to find that one guy in Spurs rebuild isn't easy. It would be great if it was a player good but not name brand. Even better would be a former Spur coming back but only eligible player to the criteria would be imho White and not sure if that's realistic.

Just don't want ppl to say Wemby needed xyz established player to get there but if that's what it takes then so be it.
    Milwaukee had the Jrue Holiday trade and Golden State had the Iguodala trade early on and then the KD addition later. It's really hard to build a championship team without at least a few daring moves outside of the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Milwaukee had the Jrue Holiday trade and Golden State had the Iguodala trade early on and then the KD addition later. It's really hard to build a championship team without at least a few daring moves outside of the draft.
    Good call those were crucial roles I mean Iggy was a Finals MVP, granted debatable. An addition like Gordon for DEN is more my ideal. Somewhat relatively low key name recognition but serious enough talent to put them over the top. Just want to avoid the league shattering add-then-ring KG, Bron/Bosh, Pau, KD, Kawhi level stuff for Wemby. D White would be awesome because not only is he a position/role of need for SA, Spurs could just be technically like we planted this tree. Not going to happen though.

But yeah looks like you've always had to go out for the cherry on top player even the big 3 at least had their Finley and Horry was a ring mercenary, however this board rates those moves. But Fin was older and Idk Horry just felt like a natural move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bernie Bickerstaff without Mitc and Jaret Allen.
    WTH is he supposed to do?

Yet purportedly under heat from ownership because they claim the minutes he played Mitc may have caused the injury.
    According to Cavs fans, his coaching since the All Star break has been terrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does this mean?
    Everyone was comping him to MJ after they went up 2-0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Cavs fans, his coaching since the All Star break has been terrible
    The same es who whined when Lebron left the 2nd time?
    After delivering a Chip, vs the Golden gots no less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jabbar, Hakeem, Shaq, Russell, Wilt. Has Jokic cracked top 5 all-time centers yet?
    The other question is are we seeing what peak Sabonis would have been like?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either that or he just put a fire on Gobert’s behind to get him going. I’d take it as a challenge. Hey he’s the DPOY right?
    Jokic proving media 100% right on MVP, and 100% wrong on DPOY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC and Minnesota still look pretty good in terms of team development to me. They're both really young, and have tradable assets-- Giddy in OKC's case, with Cason Wallace a guy who will play D and hit 3s ready to step in, and KAT for the T-Wolves, who some team will give up assets for. I'd bet against either winning a le this year, but to both be in the conference semis with such young squads has to labelled a success at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC looking hard for a guy if they’re using rookie Wallace
    Wallace had a nice year, and closed some games when it was determined that no one would ever guard Josh Giddey in the 4th quarter. Cason can handle, shoot, distribute, and play D.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If mavs don’t miss a dozen free throws in game 4 series should be over. The thunder need at least one of their wings to perform big in these games and nobody home. When Spurs get back to the playoffs they might be in the same dilemma. , all teams are. I look for okc to be better for it next year. On the other end of it, mavs made some mid season support pickups that are carrying them.
    Tbh, would anyone be surprised if Irving professed his undying love of Dallas in July, and demanded a trade in September?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, would anyone be surprised if Irving professed his undying love of Dallas in July, and demanded a trade in September?
    Tbh, it seems that Nico Harrison managed to settle him down.
    Still, this is as good as the Mavs will be, they got no assets left.
    DJJ is gone in the summer, they can't get anything positive for THJ and even if they just get rid of him, they're still over the cap.
    Lively and maybe Josh Green can improve, but Kyrie is 32 and by the time they reach their peak, Kyrie will decline.

I'd say that this and maybe the next season is their best chance to win a ring.

Thread Information