Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic in some ways seems like the second coming of Splitter... If they indeed promised him their first, could Tiago get traded?...

From DX :

Sounds incredibly Spursy tbh... So yeah I agree with Drom John, if they made a promise to one of these two players, I'd put my money on Jokic.
    You make some great points. But I think the Spurs are pretty happy with Tiago, unless they plan to use Tiago to move up in the draft, I don't see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inglis's agent removed his tweet. Inglis is not out:
    http://www.basketusa.com/news/228108...as-leurs-noms/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inglis's agent removed his tweet. Inglis is not out:
    http://www.basketusa.com/news/228108...as-leurs-noms/
    It has been explained a few times : Jokic and Inglis said they were withdrawing and changed their mind very quickly to finally stay in the draft... You can easily come to the conclusion that they got promises of bring drafted high enough to make it worth their while...

New yahoo mock : http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nb...214528600.html

Capela is down to 27, when you know how well connected the yahoo guys are, it makes me super optimistic...

I could totally imagine a Jokic Capela frontline of the future... A finesse 5 with range next to a defensive minded monkeyballing 4... Not saying they're getting both, but if they do : RC you the real mvp
    Last edited by Baam; 06-17-2014 at 05:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille 3h Talked to Russ Smith this afternoon. Has worked out for 11 teams, will work out for Spurs this weekend and Clippers Monday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hear you but Kawhi and Livio are both very young, and you even have Bertans waiting to come over... The SF position will be crowded for the foreseeable future, there's no old guy about to retire...

It's another story if you think he can be a 4 but even then I'm not sold...
    Kawhi is versatile enough to play the 2, and LJC is a 4 long-term. Bertans is a 3, but he offers a different skill set than the others. If you contend all of them will pan out, which is not too likely, it's still a good problem to have and I'd personally trust Pop to manage to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be fine with picking either. They're both going to be in the incubator for awhile.
    Agreed. Same could be said for Bogdanovic or Micic if thry went another route internationally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hear you but Kawhi and Livio are both very young, and you even have Bertans waiting to come over... The SF position will be crowded for the foreseeable future, there's no old guy about to retire...

It's another story if you think he can be a 4 but even then I'm not sold...
    So, at worst, you're stockpiling trade assets. I would honestly trade any player we have overseas right now, with our 2015 pick, to Chicago for #19 to get Payton. That would break the logjam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs worked out Patric Young and now Stokes...two bruising F/Cs in the Blair mold. Interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McGary as the 30th pick? Never seen this guy play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see nothing compelling about him and he has back problems... I'd pencil him at 28 going to the Clippers anyway tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see nothing compelling about him and he has back problems... I'd pencil him at 28 going to the Clippers anyway tbh...
    I hope we don't pick him up tbh. We don't need another C, and that back problem is just a deal breaker imho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was on the Michigan team that made it to the championship game two years ago. He was playing well during the tournament and some thought he'd be a top 5 pick if he had left as a freshman. Alas, he stayed one more year and injured his back and got busted smoking pot. He's a tall, white dude that has a good skill level but no athleticism to speak of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see them drafting and stashing Vasilije Micic with the first pick. Don't really care about the second round picks, they'll probably just go BPA and stash. I'd really like them to select Micic, Dinwiddie or Tavares.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is versatile enough to play the 2, and LJC is a 4 long-term. Bertans is a 3, but he offers a different skill set than the others. If you contend all of them will pan out, which is not too likely, it's still a good problem to have and I'd personally trust Pop to manage to it.
    no way ljc is a 4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way ljc is a 4.
    And yet he plays the PF position. Here's a few quotes from his thread from before the draft:

The article also says that jean-Charles will enter in this draft.

Aside from what I've said about him earlier in this thread, the true question about him is his position. He is trying to transition from PF to SF and it might not be a that good idea. He doesn't at all for the moment the perimeter skills to play SF and his terrific Hoop Summit game was playing PF. He measured at 6'9" with a 7'2" wingspan and a 217 lbs weight. He has the legit size to play PF and just need to add a little weight.
    Chad Ford @chadfordinsider
    French forward Livio Jean-Charles will stay in the draft his agent just texted me. Jean-Charles our 8th ranked PF.
    Draft Express had him listed as SF/PF... so I think it's possible that he'll end up a 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet he plays the PF position. Here's a few quotes from his thread from before the draft:

Draft Express had him listed as SF/PF... so I think it's possible that he'll end up a 4.
    again, no way he is a 4, he needs to put up weight to match kevin freaking durant..

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    again, no way he is a 4, he needs to put up weight to match kevin freaking durant..
    He can't put on too much more weight on his frame, but another ten or fifteen pounds aren't out of the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX just dropped Embiid to 4 with his recent foot injury, guy is pulling a Noel : http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Holy that escalated quickly .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't put on too much more weight on his frame, but another ten or fifteen pounds aren't out of the question.
    that's basically what i've been saying, he just isn't a 4. Now, he may play some small ball 4, but if he is going to have success (meaning tangible success, not statpadding on ty teams) that will be by being oversized not undersized.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's basically what i've been saying, he just isn't a 4. Now, he may play some small ball 4, but if he is going to have success (meaning tangible success, not statpadding on ty teams) that will be by being oversized not undersized.
    Guess it depends on what one means by tangible success. I can't project him as a starter at any position right now. i can see his coming off the bench at either position. Ideally he would be able to play the three in any situation, but too early to tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess it depends on what one means by tangible success. I can't project him as a starter at any position right now. i can see his coming off the bench at either position. Ideally he would be able to play the three in any situation, but too early to tell.
    well right now of course, but he has the measurables and athleticism to be a stud 3 and a two way player, now that's all potential, but at the 4 he doesn't even have the potential to be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Holy that escalated quickly .
    How serious is the injury? That tweet reads as if his career is already over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How serious is the injury? That tweet reads as if his career is already over.
    I'm not sure but feet injuries are pretty scary in general...

Thread Information