Page 24 of 143 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol makes 18.7 M next season, Odom makes 8.9.
    Gasol has 57 million guaranteed $ till 2014, Odom 11.3 till 2012.
    Spurs will rebuild from 2012, when Tim retires.
    Gasol is the better player overall, Odom is the better defender.
    Lakers would not trade Gasol for Parker, but they would trade Odom for Parker.
    Who says Duncan has to retire in 2012? He could sign on for another two years if the team was still compe ive and run his contract concurrently with Gasol's. Gasol is still relatively young and could easily handle being the #1 option which is what the team needs, not a knucklehead like Odom.

And after watching Gasol's uninspiring performance for the lakers in the playoffs which suggests a change of scenery is in order, and the shortage of top tier point guards in the league, I'd say its a real possibility.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker for LA Bynum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol makes 18.7 M next season, Odom makes 8.9.
    Gasol has 57 million guaranteed $ till 2014, Odom 11.3 till 2012.
    Spurs will rebuild from 2012, when Tim retires.
    Gasol is the better player overall, Odom is the better defender.
    Lakers would not trade Gasol for Parker, but they would trade Odom for Parker.
    If you are going to trade TP, you have to get better younger talent for him. Ebanks and/or some other Laker young guy is not enough or smart, especially when the Spurs have plenty of young wings already.

Essentially you would be trading TP for just cap space because Odom doesn't change anything from a le standpoint if you don't add him to the big 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There isn't a lot of feasible trading partners out there for TP IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There isn't a lot of feasible trading partners out there for TP IMO.
    The only team that interests me is portland if TP is going get traded...Batum+Miller (last yr of contract) + another fill in would be who I would want in return if I were the spurs. Blazers already have wallce to start at SF and TP at the point would make that team crazy good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs' le hopes hinges on one guy and that man is Tim Duncan, contract included. If the man decides he wants to keep that 22 million for the final year and not negotiate a far cheaper contract, the Spurs might not have the financial capacity (trades, MLE signing or otherwise) to want to absorb bigger contracts to improve the team tremendously.

With previous extensions to Parker and Ginobili not paying off, one might think that the window has been shut, locked and all of that. If the Big 3's decline hasn't served to tell the Spurs FO that this team just doesn't cut it, next season would be a futile season.

To add on, with upcoming "extensions" to perhaps George Hill, where is the cap flexibility for the Spurs? Bound by contractual obligations to the Big 3 and Richard Jefferson, I highly doubt big changes could be made in San Antonio unless one of the Big 3 is traded or retires.

Spurs' future assets are also not worthy enough to get the Spurs a decent enough player, draft picks and all. None of the Spurs' players' rights are also intriguing enough, potential, talent or otherwise, to make any significant contributions to the Spurs or other teams to demand assets which has a positive value.

I dare the Spurs FO has a tough job ahead of them to make this team a contender once again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only team that interests me is portland if TP is going get traded...Batum+Miller (last yr of contract) + another fill in would be who I would want in return if I were the spurs. Blazers already have wallce to start at SF and TP at the point would make that team crazy good.
    There are plenty of teams that would interest me (at least theoretically, and if I thought trading TP was the right move), the problem is I don't see a situation that is acceptable using what is perceived to be common logic:

1) Both teams benefit

2) TP only makes sense to go to a contending team that needs a PG

3) That contending team would have to have young talent + draft picks for the Spurs

There just aren't many teams on the surface that meet all that criteria and not many of them even meet two of the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the end, I think we wont have major changes

Tony Parker/George Hill
    Manu Ginobili/Gary Neal/Danny Green
    Richard Jefferson/James Anderson/DaSean Butler
    Tiago Splitter/Dejuan Blair/Matt Bonner
    Tim Duncan/Vet min

The biggest change will be: to pair Splitter with Duncan and develop James Anderson.

It might change a bit depending on the guy that we draft with the 29th pick. I dont think we are going to keep both DaSean and Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are plenty of teams that would interest me (at least theoretically, and if I thought trading TP was the right move), the problem is I don't see a situation that is acceptable using what is perceived to be common logic:

1) Both teams benefit

2) TP only makes sense to go to a contending team that needs a PG

3) That contending team would have to have young talent + draft picks for the Spurs

There just aren't many teams on the surface that meet all that criteria and not many of them even meet two of the 3.
    1. Portland gets a top 5-7 pg in the NBA in his prime. Batum provides good young talent and Miller provides expiring contract and can hold down the pg spot for 1 more season.

2. I think 99% of the NBA would agree that TP is > than Miller. TP is also 6 yrs younger and in his prime. Miller is also in his final year of his contract. Blazers also have wallace to fill in for Batum at the sf position.

3. Batum and an expiring contract are even better than an unproven draft pick.

4. All just a fictional moves on my part and yes I know more salaries is needed from portand , but I think both teams would benefit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any way we can get Troy Murphy? I don't understand why he's not seeing much time in Boston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any way we can get Troy Murphy? I don't understand why he's not seeing much time in Boston.
    Murphy is a free agent this summer. If Spurs want him, they just need to sign him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Random trade idea of the day: McDyess and Bonner to Minny for Darko and Tolliver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been thinking of realistic trade partners and Minny makes some sense no matter which direction you want to go (basic trade like yours or something bigger like TP). They have some young talent and room to work with.

I wouldn't do the trade you proposed without getting a younger more talented piece, especially if the Spurs are saving them money upfront.

I could see something like Dice/Bonner/Hill for Darko/Tolliver/Randolph and that would be something I would consider for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been thinking of realistic trade partners and Minny makes some sense no matter which direction you want to go (basic trade like yours or something bigger like TP). They have some young talent and room to work with.

I wouldn't do the trade you proposed without getting a younger more talented piece, especially if the Spurs are saving them money upfront.

I could see something like Dice/Bonner/Hill for Darko/Tolliver/Randolph and that would be something I would consider for sure.
    Not bad really...Minny is in dire need of quality guards and they are over crowded at the forward position. Spurs could then draft a pg with there pick and many holes would be filled. Like it..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Our frontcourt need would be immediately filled with that trade. I definitely like it. Minny is currently loaded at PG with Ridnour, Flynn, and Telfair. Rubio might be coming over too. Hill has more talent and upside then any of those guys.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can do a sign an trade with Utah For Krilenko and give them RJ. Krilenko is coming off a with $17million from last seasons contract. Paying him the same as RJ would be a good deal. Krilenko is taller, a better defender,passer, all around ball player. RJ shoots the 3 better but Krilenko last season shot around 37%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it would be great to have AK-47 instead of RJ

You just forgot the part that the Jazz does not want any part of Jefferson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing to know is if Pop has given up on Jefferson like our "big 4".
    In case, we'll have to package him with Dice expiring...for something supposedly better than him.

I say that 'cause in his interwiew Pop doesn't seem to have a rebuilding wiew for next season and, regarding the "changes" for next season, is pointing just to the Dice retirement ... (and to that we can add Jefferson chence of a trade considering is play off minutes in the last game).

The two salaries amount to near 15 millions dollars... that's more than enough for one or two pieces.

I like the Idea of a Mervin Williams + Pachulia trade (but in case also just RJ for M. Wiliams could work...)

I Make Love To Pressure MR.SILVER&BLack's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a possible trade idea with Toronto

Toronto get: Matt Bonner & George Hill

Spurs get: Ed Davis & Jerryd Bayless

dont want to see hill leave but not nearly as much as i wanna see bonner leave so see ya hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner is not so hard to move like RJ

He has 7m guaranteed in the next 2 years and his last year is only 1m guaranteed. The Raps would love to see him back there. He is a fan favorite in Toronto.

But the Raps will not move Ed Davis any time soon. They are high on him and think they are right. He is a great prospect and was easily a top3 rookie among the bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bonner is not so hard to move like RJ

He has 7m guaranteed in the next 2 years and his last year is only 1m guaranteed. The Raps would love to see him back there. He is a fan favorite in Toronto.

But the Raps will not move Ed Davis any time soon. They are high on him and think they are right. He is a great prospect and was easily a top3 rookie among the bigs.
    They have some other bigs who are pretty good in Bargnani and Amir Johnson and like you said he was a fan favorite, but thats where Hill comes into the equation. he would give a huge boost to there backcourt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After reading Pop's comments about Blair today, it's clear they're not happy with him. Even if they were, it's obvious this front court doesn't fit well together. One of Blair or Bonner has to go and Blair has better trade value.

A name to consider: Blatche. McDyess, Blair and the 29th pick, might be enough, depending on how desperate the Wizards are to get rid of him. I know he's about as un-Spurs like as they come. But consider this: he doesn't turn 25 until August, he's 6-11, athletic (when in shape), fairly skilled and unlike the other Spurs bigs not named Duncan, has the potential to not be a liability on either end. He's in the Bosh/Aldridge mold. Theoretically, he'd make the front court fit together better.

Going forward, he could be the long term compliment to Splitter. No, neither is going to be an All-Star, but it's San Antonio. Either they get lucky without picking near the top, plummet to the bottom so they can get a pick near the top or they gut their roster, in order to obtain a big who is All-Star caliber (the latter two, they don't seem inclined to do, at least not in the near future). Short of that, they're not getting a big who's raw talent is close to All-Star caliber. He makes $6.4, $7.1, $7.7 and $8.4 million per season over the next four years. If he grows up and plays to his potential, that could turn into a bargain.

It's risky and the Spurs would have to do significant background work to make sure they're comfortable enough with him personally to do it. But the way I see it, he's probably the highest upside big they can acquire, who doesn't gut their roster and not only has the capacity to make them better in the short term, but to be a key piece going forward, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have some other bigs who are pretty good in Bargnani and Amir Johnson and like you said he was a fan favorite, but thats where Hill comes into the equation. he would give a huge boost to there backcourt.
    Bargnani is a 7 footer that cannot play defense and rebound. Rap fans have had enough of him. They are in love with Derozan and Ed Davis and they will not trade them.

Unfortunately for us, because Davis is a good prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bargnani is a 7 footer that cannot play defense and rebound. Rap fans have had enough of him. They are in love with Derozan and Ed Davis and they will not trade them.

Unfortunately for us, because Davis is a good prospect.
    they gonna have to do something. bargnani contract is like rj's. horrible and hard to move. i dont know much about 3 team trades so maybe there could be a deal with a 3rd team involving blair and/or mcdyess. the reason why im not just leaving this trade alone is because this is one of only a few trades where we can move unwanted players and fix many problems at once. plus its realistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok i messed around on the trade machine and i came up with a 3 team trade adding in the Bobcats.

Toronto gets: Matt bonner, George Hill, D.J White

Spurs get: Ed Davis, Jerryd Bayless, DeSagana Diop

Bobcats get: Blair & McDyess

i think it could work. we take a contract Charlotte doesnt want with Diop(who can be a big help for us). Toronto gets a young bigman in white. charlotte gets a much better big in return in blair and gets cap space back with mcdyess. im sure it could go thru with a draft pick or 2 going to Toronto.

Thread Information