Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    For entertainment from home I imagine it can be fun.
    Thumbs up.
    peeg gives hater the middle finger.
    peeg gives Darth the the thumbs up.
    Both are on this Coin thingy.

tee, hee.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, Bitcoin is straight garbage when you get past the hype. Ethereum looks to be Bitcoin 2.0, whatever that might mean.
    ...that means you'll be crawling up hater's blow hole and playing dead.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's actually 2 countries. And I'm not sure. I'm just hoping that this bull run follows the historical trend new "higher lows". If that's the case, then there's no reason to sell.
    The latest jump is the only thing I could have ever predicted for crypto, but I think higher lows after that is a fairly easy call. It's all part of muh speculative investment money anyway so might as well stay in.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you didn't know it had gone up until you read a tweet about it a couple days ago. Now you're spamming to cover that up.
    Now the Dumper has turned ​green.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    The latest jump is the only thing I could have ever predicted for crypto, but I think higher lows after that is a fairly easy call. It's all part of muh speculative investment money anyway so might as well stay in.
    The best part is most Millennials and Gen Z'ers haven't gotten their tax refunds yet and we're still seeing this pump.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am in crypto as part of a balanced portfolio. I personally think that Etherium has a better future than bitcoin as the ecosystem evolves. It's easy in the US to say there is no use for it but on a worldwide basis the economical transactional capabilities are there. In addition Ether uses proof of stake instead of proof of work so it is much more energy efficient than bitcoin.
    If its transactional as a true currency I understand.
    But true currencies, no matter where they are, are not safe if they have volatility.

My point is in investment, currencies are supposed to be safe havens because they themselves do not have intrinsic value. Currency on the simplest level get rid of the pain of bartering.
    If you see it as a true investment, its an investment that does not have intrinsic value. The value lies fully in the brains of people.
    When you buy a failing company stock you are gambling that your ownership in that company will grow because the company has some investment upside.
    Maybe they will change their business plan, maybe they will profit from an unseen value that you do see in some sort of product or service etc... Maybe you see nothing the company is doing, you are just buying it because its cheap and maybe it will go up (this is where you enter more into the realm of a "just because" investment imo, it becomes more like bitcoin)

We are all probably in different investment situations with different characteristics that seem the most useful. I also dont discount the entertainment value of having a quick upward explosion.
    But this also means there is another side is waiting. This stuff obviously grows much more quickly than stocks in S and P 500 companies. Index funds are not exciting.

I am not an investment expert. So I do not try and play games with people who play the game everyday as a job and are very bright. But I do thing I understand what has become a blurred line for some between a currency and a true investment.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Hopefully history repeats itself and we get a 3 year bull run before the next big sell off

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully history repeats itself and we get a 3 year bull run before the next big sell off

I had a decision in Sept to early Oct, which would have been near perfect timing, whether to put all my big money (save for enough to live on plus a little cushion) in either HY-CDs (because they were well over 5%)...... or bitcoin.

Looks like, as per always, I chose wrong, and now my money is stuck in bonds earning 5%, or essentially a ty one-year's public school teacher's salary for free until this fall, by which point the current bitcoin bubble will probably have peaked or nearly so.

Don't know if I'll get to be in the USA long enough or even live long enough to buy at its next low/sluggish point at some point in 2025/2026.

The only people that have it worse than someone like me is someone who bought it in the summer or fall of 2021 and are just now approaching break-even.

Based on this chart the next bitcoin crash will probably be around roughly the late summer to fall of 2025.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daddy, we've been doing that since the end of II...thru the MIC.

No one told him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coinbase just crashed

the poor folk that keep their bitcoin in centralized exchanges

People never get it. They deserve what they get.

While(true)
    {
    Buy Bitcoin
    Move it to private wallet
    }

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coinbase just crashed

the poor folk that keep their bitcoin in centralized exchanges

People never get it. They deserve what they get.

While(true)
    {
    Buy Bitcoin
    Move it to private wallet
    }

Interesting to see if there's a dip once word gets around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Btc is back near ath and eth is up like 20% in the last week. Good stuff

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice how BTC has a pretty consistently solid four year cyclical pattern of bottoming out nearly exactly at the peak of the previous cycle before the previous cycle's crash. And the crashes, even with a sample size of n = 3, are VERY consistent relatively speaking, both in terms of percentage loss and timeliness.

For example, the 2017-18 peak was very similar to the 2022 low in dollar value. So, I expect a great time to sell would be in the second half of 2025 and the next low point and great time to buy would be in 2026. However, the next bottoming out will likely be in that 60k-65k ballpark (i.e., the 2021 peak) and thus I would expect growth for BTC up to around $120k-140k in the next 18 months or so before it collapses again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If its transactional as a true currency I understand.
    But true currencies, no matter where they are, are not safe if they have volatility.

My point is in investment, currencies are supposed to be safe havens because they themselves do not have intrinsic value. Currency on the simplest level get rid of the pain of bartering.
    If you see it as a true investment, its an investment that does not have intrinsic value. The value lies fully in the brains of people.
    When you buy a failing company stock you are gambling that your ownership in that company will grow because the company has some investment upside.
    Maybe they will change their business plan, maybe they will profit from an unseen value that you do see in some sort of product or service etc... Maybe you see nothing the company is doing, you are just buying it because its cheap and maybe it will go up (this is where you enter more into the realm of a "just because" investment imo, it becomes more like bitcoin)

We are all probably in different investment situations with different characteristics that seem the most useful. I also dont discount the entertainment value of having a quick upward explosion.
    But this also means there is another side is waiting. This stuff obviously grows much more quickly than stocks in S and P 500 companies. Index funds are not exciting.

I am not an investment expert. So I do not try and play games with people who play the game everyday as a job and are very bright. But I do thing I understand what has become a blurred line for some between a currency and a true investment.
    I'll boil this down. He's green.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Interesting to see if there's a dip once word gets around.
    ...just look in the mirror.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buying some more nigs.

Looks like this run going for a while

Got damns I gotta dust off my cold wallet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...just look in the mirror.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buying some more nigs.

Looks like this run going for a while

Got damns I gotta dust off my cold wallet

Yeah it looks like the stupider money is coming in now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it looks like the stupider money is coming in now.

Love stupid money

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Love stupid money
    ...so does he, he's just too stove up to stipulate to it. You got him snortin' of a hump day, hater, that's for certain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair enough. I have less than 10% of my portfolio in crypto as I am well aware of the risk/reward. It's fun seeing these massive run-ups.
    Congrats nig. Keep it up.

When your crypto assets surpass your 401k. It's a special feeling

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats nig. Keep it up.

When your crypto assets surpass your 401k. It's a special feeling
    As special as your various companies in Latin America I guess.
    And then it becomes a tale of woe.

How are those companies doing btw? Something smells here. Although I guess I would have to feel good for you to have enough money to get the proper care.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    As special as your various companies in Latin America I guess.
    And then it becomes a tale of woe.

How are those companies doing btw? Something smells here. Although I guess I would have to feel good for you to have enough money to get the proper care.
    ...every fox smell it's own hole, Dumper, I mean peeg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They want your coins boys.

Don't sell. HOLD!!!!

Thread Information