Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bipartisan Effort To Strip NFL Of Taxpayer Funding For Stadiums Gaining Steam

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21546/...mpaign=dwbrand
    Now ducks is a Cory Booker fan. I've always been against federal subsidies for sports stadiums. Nice of you to come around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the kneeling is going to really really hurt football teams getting taxpayers to pay for the stadium

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the kneeling is going to really really hurt football teams getting taxpayers to pay for the stadium
    Good. The fed definitely should never have been in on the tax breaks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The players do have a cons utional right to protest the anthem.
    let's be more precise.

The kneeling knitters aren't "protesting the anthem".

In CP's words:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

"To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way.

There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Has nothing to with the fetish flag or the national anthem, and above all nothing to with the Macho Man white military that thinks, in its self-aggrandizement and auto-fellation, that it's all about them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was selfish for him to do that before he did anything off his work time first
    van jones on cnn atleast does things off work before he goes to work that is suppose to help blacks

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    it was selfish for him to do that before he did anything off his work time first
    van jones on cnn atleast does things off work before he goes to work that is suppose to help blacks
    Kaepernick got maximum exposure for his protest and cause. He's not even in the league and people like you can't stop talking about him. Mission accomplished

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kaepernick got maximum exposure for his protest and cause. He's not even in the league and people like you can't stop talking about him. Mission accomplished
    yep he is UNEMPLOYED!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's the thing about hard data regarding police involved shootings -- it isn't kept in many cases and not even required to be collected.

hard data

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yep he is UNEMPLOYED!
    Just like Ali was for a time when he protested. Threatened with jail time too. Turns out that guy was right all along. Made a movie about him.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Oh ! They're at work! Arrest them!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A state legislator in Louisiana, Kenneth Havard, a Republican, said he wants to take away millions of dollars in subsidies and tax breaks that the New Orleans Saints and the N.F.L. receive because they have allowed players to protest during the national anthem.

“Disrespecting our national anthem and flag in the name of social injustice is the highest form of hypocrisy,” Mr. Havard said in a statement. “It is time the taxpayers quit subsidizing protest on big boy playgrounds. I believe in the right to protest but not at a taxpayer subsidized sporting event.”

Then again, with calls for boycotts of the N.F.L. over Mr. Kaepernick’s not being hired, it is fair to say objections are coming from the right and left.

N.F.L. owners are nothing if not businessmen, so until attendance declines precipitously, or it can be determined that the protests have directly led to a decline in television ratings, they are unlikely to clamp down on the protests. Indeed, the league got a pat on the back on Monday when Ford and Nike, two big N.F.L. sponsors, issued statements backing the players’ right to protest.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/s...-protests.html

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    quite a bit of butt hurt, ducks

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A state legislator in Louisiana, Kenneth Havard, a Republican, said he wants to take away millions of dollars in subsidies and tax breaks that the New Orleans Saints and the N.F.L. receive because they have allowed players to protest during the national anthem.

“Disrespecting our national anthem and flag in the name of social injustice is the highest form of hypocrisy,” Mr. Havard said in a statement. “It is time the taxpayers quit subsidizing protest on big boy playgrounds. I believe in the right to protest but not at a taxpayer subsidized sporting event.”

Then again, with calls for boycotts of the N.F.L. over Mr. Kaepernick’s not being hired, it is fair to say objections are coming from the right and left.

N.F.L. owners are nothing if not businessmen, so until attendance declines precipitously, or it can be determined that the protests have directly led to a decline in television ratings, they are unlikely to clamp down on the protests. Indeed, the league got a pat on the back on Monday when Ford and Nike, two big N.F.L. sponsors, issued statements backing the players’ right to protest.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/s...-protests.html
    Louisiana would have no NFL or NBA teams without direct gubmit subsidies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a black man murdered a white Christian woman, then walked into a church, shot 6 more Christians, then was taken down by one of the ushers of the church who ran out to his car, got his gun and held the terrorist until the authorities ‪arrived.‬

‪Well, THAT doesn't fit the Left's narrative AT ALL! Luckily, they have the football stories to keep the masses on the same page as them. ‬
    ‪Shame on the media! The lady who was murdered was a mother of two named Melanie Smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Louisiana would have no NFL or NBA teams without direct gubmit subsidies.
    and ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not at work they do not
    The players do have a cons utional right to protest the anthem. Their employer has the right to discipline them if they choose to.

Ducks needs to retake high school civics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who brought race up liberals
    Everything is done with race in mind pervert

So a black man murdered a white Christian woman, then walked into a church, shot 6 more Christians, then was taken down by one of the ushers of the church who ran out to his car, got his gun and held the terrorist until the authorities ‪arrived.‬

‪Well, THAT doesn't fit the Left's narrative AT ALL! Luckily, they have the football stories to keep the masses on the same page as them. ‬
    ‪Shame on the media! The lady who was murdered was a mother of two named Melanie Smith.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the cops don't kill blacks, the white man's racist economy will

The racial wealth divide is worse than people think—and it’s growing

group of Yale psychologists who looked at public misperceptions around racial economic equality. The researchers looked at black and white populations from low-income and high-income households alike and compared their assessments of racial economic equity.

The researchers found that both racial groups got the numbers very wrong, vastly overestimating progress in closing the racial economic divide. Wealthy white respondents, perhaps predictably, were the most off in their assessment, overestimating a typical black family’s household income more than 30%.

there’s also a role of willful blindness. Wealth inequality based on race is baked into this country’s founding, and we cannot handle it.”

Another factor: Three out of four white Americans “report that the network of people with whom they discuss important matters is entirely white, with no minority presence,”

We looked at how race, education, and income correlate with middle class wealth status, which we defined as owning between $68,000 and $204,000—between two-thirds to double the white median household.

We found that black and Latino families in the middle would need to earn between 2 and 3 times as much as white families in order to enter the middle class. By our count, roughly 70% of black and Latino households would fall below the $68,000 threshold needed for middle-class status, compared to only about 40% of white households.

Further, only black and Latino households with an advanced degree have enough wealth to be considered middle class, whereas the average white household with a high school diploma or higher would be considered middle class.

The findings were bleak. The median black family, who today only owns $1,700 in wealth excluding their car, will reach zero wealth by 2053. That’s just 10 years after the country is projected to become majority non-white.

Median white families, by contrast, have $116,000 in wealth, and that number is actually going up.

https://qz.com/1087711/the-racial-we...eid=47e367557b

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great. Stand, sit -- who cares? You can do whatever you want. This is the USA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great. Stand, sit -- who cares?
    the football players do apparently and the fans!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    the football players do apparently and the fans!
    Why tho? It's the USA. We have the freedom to protest if we wish. Why do you think that's a crime punishable by firing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if I was the owner it would be
    it hurts owners pocketbook people get fired all the time!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if I was the owner it would be
    it hurts owners pocketbook people get fired all the time!
    Ratings are up so far.

Thread Information