Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s definitely sarcastic,and unfriendly to the press, but that’s because the NBA forces him to do press almost every night, and through 82 games there just isn’t much to discuss on a nightly basis I think he’s allowed to opt out maybe 5-6 times. He’s a jerk because that’s what makes for the shortest press conferences.
    I know and have been defending him a lot through the years but he’s gotten way too comfortable at it

go check tonight’s post game conf, even if the question was stupid the way he looked at the journalist with anger and disgust is just too much/unnecessary

Just make a joke and gtfo
    It seemed it was at a local SA journalist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that there are a lot of dumb ass reporters out there and probably deserve some vitriol aimed their way, but are they all dip s? it just seems to me that sometimes pop's being unnecessarily caustic with some of the local beat writers who are just trying to do their jobs; this seems kind of inconsistent from a coach who is reportedly such a great person when it comes to wait staff and servers in restaurants. of course, we just see part of it; maybe pop's not so bad with them off camera.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what a measured, nuanced, unbiased view of the situation sounds like . . .

Jokic’s legacy, Wembanyama’s future with Spurs & concerns for Suns & Clippers with Howard Beck - YouTube

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

33:30 mark: haven't had a north star in the past few season (they have one now), wemby has the 2nd highest usage rate but needs, an "elite playmaker", were obvious points to make but the same points so many naysayers fail to point out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEtjqIYSmMg

maybe ESPN should listen to today's presser with Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEtjqIYSmMg

maybe ESPN should listen to today's presser with Wemby.
    The most important is to win. I do also like that he acknowledged that things like the Toronto pick are definitely on his (by his body language, he was basically nodding before the guy even finished talking about Memphis) and the FOs mind. That tells me he's actively involved with the FO and also probably reading about potential drafts, mock decisions, et cetera (maybe even here). I haven't given up hope our team can be good, and next season -- Good obviously being relative to our current mess. Let's hope we build a contender around the #1 sooner than later because I believe if we do ring, he will be here forever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the National Media will get smarter as we return to relevance. It's hard for me to blame any of the national guys for not knowing much about what's going on here... because why would they? We're a bottom dweller who is only getting attention because of one player.
    No. They won't. They never were when the Spurs were at the pinnacle for years.
    They won't be now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So apparently LeWembyGM era has arrived

About time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

About time
    Nah. It’s Windbag who doesn’t think the spurs can get away with the slow build, not Wemby. I’d be disappointed if Wemby were thrilled with where they were.

The Whole LeGM thing was never about making a better team,it was about onboarding his friends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

About time
    Would be great to have a conversation with Wemby and see where he thinks it's at / what if anything he plans to do to get a competent roster and coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah. It’s Windbag who doesn’t think the spurs can get away with the slow build, not Wemby. I’d be disappointed if Wemby were thrilled with where they were.

The Whole LeGM thing was never about making a better team,it was about onboarding his friends.
    No, it's straight from Wemby.

cue the equivocating ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked Tom Osborne was trying to paint a different picture. Shocked, I tell you.

Never seen a rookie talking about communications with the front office like Wemby just did. I'm not sure why people doubt Windhorst is plugged into Wemby's camp a lot more than the local media but I'm sure even when it comes directly from Wemby's mouth people will try to be like Osborne and spin it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm shocked Tom Osborne was trying to paint a different picture. Shocked, I tell you.

Never seen a rookie talking about communications with the front office like Wemby just did. I'm not sure why people doubt Windhorst is plugged into Wemby's camp a lot more than the local media but I'm sure even when it comes directly from Wemby's mouth people will try to be like Osborne and spin it.
    - From the 3:45 mark:

Last edited by JPB; 03-22-2024 at 11:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's great they are involving Wemby like this, in fact it's one of the first encouraging signs I've seen from this FO that isn't just trading away players for assets.

I also think Wemby is likely the type to know (or figure out) what an appropriate level of input is, not trying to just be the LeGM.

Encouraging

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there anybody here that is thrilled with where the Spurs are right now?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Yeah. They have Victor and some high draft picks. Looks bright ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7-38 fgs
    0-18 Treys

Vs Grizzleys tonight
    Champagne
    Suckan
    Osman
    KJ
    Branham
    Wesley

So ya, Victors horks up shots sometimes when he shouldn't.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This roster is worse than the show Lebron inherited in Cleveland. If we hadn’t gotten lucky with lottery balls and had to have been stuck with a Thompson twin or Scoot then we honestly could have had the worst record in league history. This is the worst defense in the league when Victor isn’t on the court and only about 3 players can shoot.

Overhaul this pile of dog . Adding Reed Sheppard and standing pat might improve our record by one win next season and then the pressure will really start hitting for wasting two seasons of Victor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it won’t. When we’re a play in team, they’ll that we’re not a playoff team. When we’re a playoff team, they’ll that we’re not a top seed. When we’re a top seed they’ll that we’re not a champion. When we’re a champion, they’ll that we’re not back to back. When we’re back to back, they’ll that we’re not a three peat.

Seeing a pattern?
    I'll stop ing when we stop losing 12 or 13 games in a row to a good chunk of the League (see Memphis) or go 1 for out last 15 against others.

Or when we stop having a league or division worst defense when Wembanyama isn't on the court, breaking historical records in back to back seasons

I'll stop ing when this team isn't expected to lose each game.

I'll stop ing when this team plays with any consistency whatsoever.

I'll stop ing when Keldon Johnson stops ball hogging with wide open shooters, yet still plays crunch time minutes.

I'll stop ing when we stop giving career or season high points to multiple players.

I'll stop ing when people stop trying to give away our only real asset presently to turn the corner, and that's our draft picks.

I'll stop ing if this team learns how to throw an entry pass to a 7'4" behemoth whether on the block or in the paint. I swear I could go out and do a better job without one practice session.

I could keep going for ages, but one last one here, I'll stop ing when the front office picks a guy like Sengun before an unknown project like Primo. That ones gonna hurt for a long time.

Seeing a pattern why we've been sucking and people are ing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop apparently.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop apparently.
    Chinook and others on ST

would love to have an update on their optimistic views tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have Wemby, tons of picks and cap space. There are couple players that should be useful for future like Vassell, Sochan, Young. But I don't trust POP and Wright to being able to create good team of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have Wemby, tons of picks and cap space. There are couple players that should be useful for future like Vassell, Sochan, Young. But I don't trust POP and Wright to being able to create good team of it.
    I understand the overall vibe of your post, but I do want to correct the notion that we have “ tons of cap space” - we really don’t, at least not for a few years *if* we go into a tax space maximizing roster construction (which might not necessarily be the best strategy for taking advantage of Wemby’s rookie deal).

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-anto...8b75c4e198af42

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand the overall vibe of your post, but I do want to correct the notion that we have “ tons of cap space” - we really don’t, at least not for a few years *if* we go into a tax space maximizing roster construction (which might not necessarily be the best strategy for taking advantage of Wemby’s rookie deal).

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/san-anto...8b75c4e198af42
    Graham is gone, that 10 mil gone.
    And noone is signing FA in nowadays NBA with cap space, so if there is any FA, trading Keldon, Zack Collins, Wesley, Branham with couple SRP`s to make s`n`t done, shouldnt be a problem.

But I really doubt such thing will be happening, most likely some borderline start on 2 yrs deal.

Thread Information