Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go right ahead.

at how stupid and uninformed you are.
    automatic and semiautomatic weapon ban. Everything else is legal for self defense.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem to be the most uninformed poster in here.

You really seem like you might actually be missing a chromosome.
    You still suck at trolling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    automatic and semiautomatic weapon ban. Everything else is legal for self defense.

Introduce that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you wanna ban guns?

Ok.
    No, I want you to ban guns. I want liberals to introduce a bill in the senate to ban guns and confiscate existing guns from gun owners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Introduce that

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I want you to ban guns. I want liberals to introduce a bill in the senate to ban guns and confiscate existing guns from gun owners.
    I'm not arguing that, got.

Anywhere did I say that?

Lost an argument so you went to another talking point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You do realize that's mostly about looks, right?

"Owners may keep existing weapons"

Which means... wait for it.... increase in assault style weapons sales!

Placebo inbound!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not arguing that, got.

Anywhere did I say that?

Lost an argument so you went to another talking point.
    Stop interrupting when adults are talking.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop interrupting when adults are talking.
    got gets owned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You do realize that's mostly about looks, right?

"Owners may keep existing weapons"

Which means... wait for it.... increase in assault style weapons sales!

Placebo inbound!
    You asked for the bill.

It'll be a temporary increase in sales. Like the run on bump stock. Big deal.

We get it, you think laws are worthless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Introduce that
    I’m under no delusion that a ban on semiautomatic weapons could pass, much less be introduced in the house or the senate. They couldn’t pass something the US populace actually agreed on (i.e. universal background checks) after a kid mowed down a bunch of five year olds in a school.

That doesn’t mean a ban on semiautomatic weapons wouldn’t be effective though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You asked for the bill.

It'll be a temporary increase in sales. Like the run on bump stock. Big deal.

We get it, you think laws are worthless.
    So you think that proposal covers all semi-auto and full autos?

it doesn't cover either

Assault style weapons are semi autos but not all semi autos are assault style weapons.

Full auto isn't touched in that proposal.

Also, I said introduce that. I don't see a bill being proposed to ban semi auto weapons.

You moved the goalpost... again.

How many lives did the laws save in that church? Murder has bee illegal for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m under no delusion that a ban on semiautomatic weapons could pass, much less be introduced in the house or the senate. They couldn’t pass something the US populace actually agreed on (i.e. universal background checks) after a kid mowed down a bunch of five year olds in a school.

A ban on all weapons would be effective.

Let's continue to suggest things that simply won't happen. I'll start with world peace.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there 1000s, 10000s?, semiautomatic weapons in the 300M+ guns in USA. That horse is long gone from the barn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you think that proposal covers all semi-auto and full autos?

it doesn't cover either

Assault style weapons are semi autos but not all semi autos are assault style weapons.

Full auto isn't touched in that proposal.

Also, I said introduce that. I don't see a bill being proposed to ban semi auto weapons.

You moved the goalpost... again.

How many lives did the laws save in that church? Murder has bee illegal for a long time.
    Eh, I didn't really read the bill until now, just saw semi and assumed it was a ban.

At least it calls for a ban on high capacity mags and bump stock which is at least more than an aesthetic move.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let's continue to suggest things that simply won't happen. I'll start with world peace.
    Why would a ban on all weapons be effective but not a ban on semis? That makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As is made evident by these discussions, nomenclature leaves loopholes. "Firearms" is all encompassing

There is no bill to do either.

Read things before you post them. Your are just flinging to see what sticks.
    Last edited by DMC; 11-13-2017 at 02:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there 1000s, 10000s?, semiautomatic weapons in the 300M+ guns in USA. That horse is long gone from the barn.
    millions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A ban on all weapons wouldn’t be cons utional. If we’re limiting the conversation to things that will happen, then have fun!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As is made evident by these discussions, nomenclature leaves loopholes. "Firearms" is all encompassing

There is no bill to do either.

Read things before you post them. Your are just flinging to see what sticks.
    A law with loopholes? No way!

No, I don't keep up with gun jargon or read the ar-15 message boards because I don't care enough to.

But you're not convincing me nor anyone else here that the only two choices are a ban on all guns or no ban at all. You posted a wiki leak to the federal ban and then told me to look at this thread le as evidence of it not working.

It's re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A law with loopholes? No way!

No, I don't keep up with gun jargon or read the ar-15 message boards because I don't care enough to.

But you're not convincing me nor anyone else here that the only two choices are a ban on all guns or no ban at all. You posted a wiki leak to the federal ban and then told me to look at this thread le as evidence of it not working.

It's re ed.
    Explain what this proposed law will do, exactly.

It's not the law that has loopholes, it's that firearm nomenclature isn't understood well by lawmakers, and especially not liberal lawmakers. For this reason they are most likely to push forth a neutered version of a bill that could otherwise have teeth, because they think it has a chance of passing. That's what they are after, saying they passed a bill on gun control, not on actually controlling anything.

Of course, as staunch of a supporter as you are of these idiots, and seeing how you also don't know about the subject but post images of proposals you haven't even read, you probably would clap joyfully if the neutered placebo passed. Yay, we made a difference.

I can't convince you of something you refuse to understand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A ban on all weapons wouldn’t be cons utional. If we’re limiting the conversation to things that will happen, then have fun!
    So? Repeal the 2nd Amendment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Explain what this proposed law will do, exactly.

It's not the law that has loopholes, it's that firearm nomenclature isn't understood well by lawmakers, and especially not liberal lawmakers. For this reason they are most likely to push forth a neutered version of a bill that could otherwise have teeth, because they think it has a chance of passing. That's what they are after, saying they passed a bill on gun control, not on actually controlling anything.

Of course, as staunch of a supporter as you are of these idiots, and seeing how you also don't know about the subject but post images of proposals you haven't even read, you probably would clap joyfully if the neutered placebo passed. Yay, we made a difference.

I can't convince you of something you refuse to understand.
    Looks like for starters, there'll be a ban on high capacity mags.

I posted the CNN article regarding the research on such mag bans, indicating they work.

Looks good to me. You can keep blabbering on if you want, let me know when you have something other than "look at the thread le derp".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like for starters, there'll be a ban on high capacity mags.
    Again, what will that do, exactly?

Hint: Don't just say "ban high capacity magazines" because it's misleading. There will be a ban on the manufacture and sell of magazines with capacity greater than 10 rounds, to the public. Existing magazines can be kept.

So what will it do?
    I posted the CNN article regarding the research on such mag bans, indicating they work.
    No, you showed cause vs correlation article at did not indicate the ban works. Do you honestly think a ban on high capacity magazines makes the difference on whether or not someone decides to go on a shooting spree, when they are planning on killing themselves as well?

The guy in Texas could have done the same with a hangun with 10 rnd magazines. Who's going to stop him? The other armed man who wasn't in the church?
    Looks good to me. You can keep blabbering on if you want, let me know when you have something other than "look at the thread le derp".
    I'm sure in your lazy, hazy outlook on this you see a "good to go". People like you are a wet dream for gun nuts. They love it when the other side has no ing clue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, what will that do, exactly?

Hint: Don't just say "ban high capacity magazines" because it's misleading. There will be a ban on the manufacture and sell of magazines with capacity greater than 10 rounds, to the public. Existing magazines can be kept.

So what will it do?

No, you showed cause vs correlation article at did not indicate the ban works. Do you honestly think a ban on high capacity magazines makes the difference on whether or not someone decides to go on a shooting spree, when they are planning on killing themselves as well?

The guy in Texas could have done the same with a hangun with 10 rnd magazines. Who's going to stop him? The other armed man who wasn't in the church?

I'm sure in your lazy, hazy outlook on this you see a "good to go". People like you are a wet dream for gun nuts. They love it when the other side has no ing clue.
    The cause vs correlation article from cnn works for me. Will a bam stop everyone? No, but if it slows some freaks down and saves a few lives, sounds good to me.

I don't see why you're crying so hard about this and other bills. Is this going to effect you personally somehow if passed?

Thread Information