Page 277 of 278 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278 LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 6947
    My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    CB Keivon Ramsey ended up signing with West Texas A&M.
    good for him......maybe he will grow up, mature, and take this seriously......WTAMU has a very good football program. Who knows, if he does what he needs to, maybe in 3-4 years he will have his name called by Roger Goodell on a weekend in May.

Rocket Pride

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    @BrandonLeone: If what happened to the duvonta lumpkin kid happened at A&M, media would destroy Sumlin reputation. They won't question Charlie S., though!

Post Count
    @BrandonLeone: If what happened to the duvonta lumpkin kid happened at A&M, media would destroy Sumlin reputation. They won't question Charlie S., though!
    That's because Strong has credibility. The NFL even came to him to learn about his core values.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Scout shows him as a 4 star

Is this a serious post?

Lol
    which part?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Aggy has been getting absolutely destroyed the last few pages, especially that got DesignatedT.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    compare apples to apples. Were not talking about players who went to the nfl when charlie was an assistant.
    Strong still developed those players. Who did Sumlin develop?
    Last edited by djohn2oo8; 02-07-2015 at 02:07 AM.

Post Count
    are you talking about Urban Meyer's National Championships? pretty sure we all understand what Urban is about right now.

This is the equivalent of 76ers fans talking up Brett Brown and his championship rings
    Uhh.... NO. Brett Brown hasn't won as a head coach where as Charlie has a BCS Bowl victory as a head coach. And entire Aggy program has none.

Post Count
    What has Sumlin done?
    He has never even won a conference le as a head coach, Charlie has.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    are you talking about Urban Meyer's National Championships? pretty sure we all understand what Urban is about right now.

This is the equivalent of 76ers fans talking up Brett Brown and his championship rings
    Damn. Texas football may be bad, but it isn't 76er bad. Let pick another analogy please.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I agree
    I agree
    Not this upcoming season but next season IMHO. That would be 4 recruiting classes for Sumlin.
    I don't.
    "
    "
    No Fckn way. But you can talk about your conference trying to hide your trembling asses during bowl season.
    If this recruiting cycle is an indication of the type of players we can get coming off a horrendous season, we will rule.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He has never even won a conference le as a head coach, Charlie has.
    Yep. Plus it's sad that Aggy is paying Sumlin 5 mill and can't sell a single thing to recruits about the program itself, gotta sell "playing in the SEC"

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yep. Plus it's sad that Aggy is paying Sumlin 5 mill and can't sell a single thing to recruits about the program itself, gotta sell "playing in the SEC"
    Them coattails ain't gonna ride themselves.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    @BrandonLeone: If what happened to duvonta lampkin kid happened at A&M, media would destroy Sumlin reputation. They won't question Charlie S., though!
    Ol' Brandon must've missed Sumlin firing his OL coach without telling his recruits first.

The media didn't destroy him, nor did they notice.

I looked into Brick Haleys Twitter and the last 5 people he's followed were Longhorn affiliated one of which was Taylor Gaspar of Orangebloods/ Rivals. Don't know if it truly amounts to anything but definitely something to keep an eye on.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    No, it was the 33 or so defensive players he has put into the draft in his career compared to how many for Sumlin?
    John Chavis has put 72 defensive players into the draft in his career.

Ol' Brandon must've missed Sumlin firing his OL coach without telling his recruits first.

The media didn't destroy him, nor did they notice.
    You mean the coach Sumlin fired way back in December? Signing day was this past Wednesday. I think there's a pretty big distinction compared to what Lampkin was complaining about (promising him his coach wasn't leaving, then having the coach leave after his letter of intent is sent in and Lampkin can't go elsewhere). And as for the NFL 'consulting' Strong, that was just publicity. Did they really need him to explain what 'no guns' means?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    John Chavis has put 72 defensive players into the draft in his career.

You mean the coach Sumlin fired way back in December? Signing day was this past Wednesday. I think there's a pretty big distinction compared to what Lampkin was complaining about (promising him his coach wasn't leaving, then having the coach leave after his letter of intent is sent in and Lampkin can't go elsewhere). And as for the NFL 'consulting' Strong, that was just publicity. Did they really need him to explain what 'no guns' means?
    That doesn't explain how Sumlin develops players. He doesn't. Two of his QBs (Keenum and Manziel) can't read an NFL defense.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

It was more about pointing out that A&M football has done essentially nothing in 120 years, and the irony of an A&M fan poking holes in somebody's accomplishments that's done more than their program ever has.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    That doesn't explain how Sumlin develops players. He doesn't. Two of his QBs (Keenum and Manziel) can't read an NFL defense.
    So you'd rather not talk about how our defensive coordinator has developed and placed over twice as many defensive players in the draft as your head coach? Strong's '33 players' seemed so important to you a short time ago.

Joeckel was selected 2nd in the 2013 draft. Sumlin had 3 offensive players selected in the first 22 picks last year. Manziel played 3 or so games before he was injured his rookie year. And Gruden told Manziel that 'all the people who say you can't read an NFL defense can kiss my ass.' I think I'd put more stock in his evaluation than in yours, Mr. 'offense first in overtime.'

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    "
    "
    No Fckn way. But you can talk about your conference trying to hide your trembling asses during bowl season.
    We've won 4 bowl games in a row. You?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So you'd rather not talk about how our defensive coordinator has developed and placed over twice as many defensive players in the draft as your head coach? Strong's '33 players' seemed so important to you a short time ago.

Joeckel was selected 2nd in the 2013 draft. Sumlin had 3 offensive players selected in the first 22 picks last year. Manziel played 3 or so games before he was injured his rookie year. And Gruden told Manziel that 'all the people who say you can't read an NFL defense can kiss my ass.' I think I'd put more stock in his evaluation than in yours, Mr. 'offense first in overtime.'
    Chavis isn't the head coach. Sumlin is and him and Strong are recruiting against each other. So when it comes to pitching to recruits, Strong can sell that he will develop players. Sumlin can't. He'll just take credit for other SEC players drafted that he didn't even coach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We've won 4 bowl games in a row. You?
    Congrats. You have won 6 bowl games since 1995.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    So Sumlin isn't allowed to mention that his defensive coordinator has developed twice as many players as Strong has into NFL draft picks?

Sumlin is an offensive coach. He develops offensive players, and he can now tell recruits that our defensive coordinator has placed twice as many defensive players in the NFL as your (defense-oriented) head coach. I think that's a decent pitch. And NFL teams may want to 'consult' with Strong over what 'no guns' means - but they want to hire Kevin Sumlin.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So Sumlin isn't allowed to mention that his defensive coordinator has developed twice as many players as Strong has into NFL draft picks?

Sumlin is an offensive coach. He develops offensive players, and he can now tell recruits that our defensive coordinator has placed twice as many defensive players in the NFL as your (defense-oriented) head coach. I think that's a decent pitch. And NFL teams may want to 'consult' with Strong over what 'no guns' means - but they want to hire Kevin Sumlin.
    This conversation is about who has Sumlin developed. And if he had any kind of record he wouldn't need to take credit for his defensive coordinator

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

What offensive players has he developed?

Thread Information