Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I could give you really good specifics tonight," Popovich said. "The doctors have done all the testing they want to do, so that's done. They're getting together as we speak, trying to evaluate what does that mean and what are we going to do. We'll have the answer to that by game time."
    I hope this will be a big CIA move

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has this been posted?

A Manu update (sort of)
    By Jeff McDonald on Feb 19, 2009 10:33 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Talked to Gregg Popovich at shootaround this morning about Manu Ginobili, his latest ankle injury and what it might mean going forward.

Ginobili has undergone a battery of tests. Now all that's left is to diagnose the results and come up with a plan of action.

"I could give you really good specifics tonight," Popovich said. "The doctors have done all the testing they want to do, so that's done. They're getting together as we speak, trying to evaluate what does that mean and what are we going to do. We'll have the answer to that by game time."

That's what will pass for a Ginobili medical update until tonight. In all likelihood, Ginobili will be prescribed a healthy dose of rest. He is not on the Spurs current road trip.

One other tidbit gleaned from shootaround: The ankle had apparently began bothering Ginobili in the Spurs' overtime victory at Golden State on Feb. 2.

"He just felt some pain in it during the Golden State game," Popovich said. "It sort of just didn't go away."

It is a bit disconcerting that the All-Star break didn't cure Ginobili's soreness. As the E-N reported yesterday, a source within the organization said the injury is not expected to threaten Ginobili's season.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...-update-s.html
    This sounds like the best case scenario.

and I kind of guessed this scenario from before.

It sounds like it will be a persistent and recurring problem this year.
    Exploratory surgery like with Mahinmi might be necessary at the end of this season if Manu wants to play healthy next year.

And we probably won't be able to count on a healthy Manu this year which means we do need another big time player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop actually admits to pulling a CIA Pop maneuver?

If it's minor, why not just tell us now? Why?????????????

And still no word from Manu has me worried.

Hopefully the CIA Pop ploy is just to keep Manu off the market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things seem eerily quiet now on all fronts... both on Ginobili and trades. Man, I don't think I've ever been this amped up before a trade deadline.

I'm still hoping for good news but I starting to resign myself to other possibilties.

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. It's never lupus.

2. Everybody lies.
    thank you gregory

I'm your huckleberry K-State Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like someone should have got VC...
    if Manu's out, the spurs wouldn't win the le even with VC replacing him - especially if that means giving up mason and hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop actually admits to pulling a CIA Pop maneuver?

If it's minor, why not just tell us now? Why?????????????

And still no word from Manu has me worried.

timvp why are you doing this? is it sweeps week for mmessage boards? why are you creating all this hooplah?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    timvp why are you doing this? is it sweeps week for mmessage boards? why are you creating all this hooplah?
    I've been thinking the same thing.

We are in a recession after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    help us baby jeebus

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reality = Spurs don't make major trades.

Reality = Manu will be persistently injured and thus an inconsistent contributor the rest of this year.

Reality = Holt wants to make money and is in this to make a profit. If he can make a bigger profit if the Spurs are bad and a smaller profit if the Spurs are good, then he will choose the bad Spurs. It's all about the Benjamins.

Reality = I still love the Spurs and appreciate what they have won, but know that they need another big time player to compete for a championship given Manu's injuries and in light of Tim and Tony's limited window together.

It's a basketball mistake, but if Holt isn't thinking about basketball then it may be a financial victory for him.

I wish the Spurs would go out and get a big time player and try for one last championship now while they still have the opportunity.

Waiting for 2010 is waiting until Tim is 34 and Manu is done.

Spurs Fanatic
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sounds like what happened with his other ankle and he's just going to have to play through it and rest it as much as possible between games. It's just weird that he had all those great games after this ankle soreness came up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously it is not minor if it needs all this analysis and discussion about what to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this isn't true!! I was so hoping to see him again at the Clippers game!!

Get well Manu!!!

Just kicking ass and winning Championships!!! VaSpursFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is what my gut tells me. i think teams were wanting any potential trade deals to include manu. all of a sudden this injury pops up...the timing is curious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs did not want to trade Gino, why not just say no? I highly doubt that a team asking for Ginobili would except Mason+Hill instead. If they were willing to do that, they would just say so. Also, it has been reported that the Spurs will not offer up Mason+Hill in trades.

So no Gino, no Mason and no Hill???

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is what my gut tells me. i think teams were wanting any potential trade deals to include manu. all of a sudden this injury pops up...the timing is curious.
    That is an idiotic move if true (phantom injury), having Manu Tuesday would have given the Spurs a much better chance to beat the Knicks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you are not absolutely correct with this statement, I hope Kori and TimVP permanently ban your IP address.
    Galileo has been proven correct, as usual. Manu is not out for the season.

Whoever started the rumors against Manu should be shunned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Epic Spurs-FO-spreading-lies-about-Manu-to-try-and-land-VC fail?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Source: Ginobili injury not season-ending
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won't believe anything until after the trade deadline when Pop addresses the media before the Pistons game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you possibly have the scoop??

I can see something like this happening. Pop blowing up at doctors and Manu because they had been "hiding" the fact that Manu is injured. He probably told the doctors to get their straight and find out what exactly is going on.

I hope it's something like this and injury is indeed minor. Would make sense everyone keeping quiet at Pop blowing up.
    Galileo has been vindicated!@#$%^&*()_+

:-)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude this makes no sense to leak a fake injury because apparently the Nets are willing to do the deal without any of the big 3. It is the Spurs wanting to be financially responsible and also not willing to give up Mason+Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of reports are now saying that the injury isn't season ending. The situation doesn't look as dark as a couple of days ago.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs did not want to trade Gino, why not just say no? I highly doubt that a team asking for Ginobili would except Mason+Hill instead. If they were willing to do that, they would just say so. Also, it has been reported that the Spurs will not offer up Mason+Hill in trades.

So no Gino, no Mason and no Hill???
    Maybe by saying Manu is hurt, it increases the perceived value of Hill and Mason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of reports are now saying that the injury isn't season ending. The situation doesn't look as dark as a couple of days ago.
    I agree. The people here need to use their brains. If you are smart enough to figure out that the Spurs are the # 1 sports franchise in America, you should be smart enough to figure out that Manu is not out for the season.

Some of you have been duped by media spin. This happens all the time in politics, where the candidates never get a chance to win on the basketball court, and instead everything just decays into irrational arguing.

But we are Spurs fans. We have already overcome all the media bias against the Spurs and against Tim Duncan, the same mass media that shoves Kobe, Shaq and Lebron down our throats.

Nobody here buys the idea that Kobe, Shaq, or Lebron have done more on the basketball court than Tim Duncan, because we can see the logic of 4 rings, 5 MVPs, and 11 all-NBA team selections. We understand defense and teamwork. It just doesn't make any logical sense that Manu was out for the season. When you hear stuff that doesn't make sense, throw that stuff down the toilet.

The fact is, Manu had a sore ankle and didn't CIA Pop about it right away, so Pop flipped out. Do you not remember how upset Pop was when Manu got hurt at the Olympics? Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Thread Information