Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw something on X the other day where some NBA guy (Eric Zhang) says Keldon and one of Sochan, Branham, or Wesley will be moved on a draft day trade
    He has 63 followers. Probably not a really good source.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. Injury prone, lacks assertiveness at best/soft at worst, not all that efficient (doesn't shoot enough 3's or get to the line enough) and a physical liability defensively.

Might as well just pick Dillingham, who has at least a decent chance of being as good or better offensively.

You guys and your homer trades.

My best guess for a Murray to Spurs framework post lottery is . . .

Hawks receive: 8 (they were rumored interested in Grimes, so maybe Walter?), '26 Hawks 1st, Hornets 1st, Johnson

Spurs receive: Murray

If they Hawks prefer to significantly cut salary, then include the Hornets and offer either Johnson or Hunter for Bertans and low level youth/draft capital or failing that maybe just Graham instead of Johnson.
    Maybe. I dont think moving back 3 spots in this draft (from 1 to 4) warrants much. CHA pick + maybe some 2nds should seemingly be fair value.

Then Keldon + Branham (he has value but not much) + Control of their 26 draft again for Murray actually seems pretty fair. Getting control of their own destiny in 26 is no small thing, Keldon is a good young player on a good contract that can be used or traded for more

Would ATL do it? Not sure, but I don’t think Murray has crazy value either and ATL getting control of their own draft back with the position they are in (possible blow it up territory if this season doesnt work) seems pretty damn good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen someone on twitter say the Spurs will trade Wemby and he has more followers than Eric Zhang. I hope it's not true...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's easy to come up with a reasonable value for the Spurs to swap 1 and 4 with Atlanta... but I'm not sure why the Spurs would want to. There isn't really any one player at risk of being plucked from them at 1-3 that isn't easy to move on from. Hopefully for Atlanta's sake they fall in love with Sarr, because they're going to find it hard to move down if they don't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe. I dont think moving back 3 spots in this draft (from 1 to 4) warrants much. CHA pick + maybe some 2nds should seemingly be fair value.

Then Keldon + Branham (he has value but not much) + Control of their 26 draft again for Murray actually seems pretty fair. Getting control of their own destiny in 26 is no small thing, Keldon is a good young player on a good contract that can be used or traded for more

Would ATL do it? Not sure, but I don’t think Murray has crazy value either and ATL getting control of their own draft back with the position they are in (possible blow it up territory if this season doesnt work) seems pretty damn good.
    Of course it does. No matter the draft, there's still a certain level of prestige that comes with the 1st overall pick from a marketing perspective and a lot of the POBO/GM job is essentially being salesmen to their various cons uencies (ownership, who in their case is said to be meddlesome and run the team, Snyder who's said to have a say, fans, media).

Sarr, while seemingly unlikely to be a star, is also a good fit for them, clearly more so than the potential options at 4.

I'd guess Johnson's value is neutral and Branham's is nil.

They supposedly prefer to retain Murray and with the Spurs owning their next 3 drafts, tanking is probably off the table, so if they trade the former instead of Young, it'll probably be for a pseudo star like Ingram, so they can at least maintain and potentially fit better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you don't know that. He has 83 followers on twitter. 83!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course it does. No matter the draft, there's still a certain level of prestige that comes with the 1st overall pick from a marketing perspective and a lot of the POBO/GM job is essentially being salesmen to their various cons uencies (ownership, who in their case is said to be meddlesome and run the team, Snyder who's said to have a say, fans, media).

Sarr, while seemingly unlikely to be a star, is also a good fit for them, clearly more so than the potential options at 4.

I'd guess Johnson's value is neutral and Branham's is nil.

They supposedly prefer to retain Murray and with the Spurs owning their next 3 drafts, tanking is probably off the table, so if they trade the former instead of Young, it'll probably be for a pseudo star like Ingram, so they can at least maintain and potentially fit better.
    Keldons value is not neutral. That’s ridiculous

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'd never accept that just because it would be too embarrassing for them as a franchise.
    Just think about it, they gave up two FRPs and a swap for a very good player. He even improved with them, signed a team-friendly extension that's great value in today's market, he's turning 28 and is about to enter his prime...and you think they'd accept not getting either of those picks back?

They won't pick up the phone without getting at least one '25 or '27 FRP back.

Imo, if Spurs don't think Dillingham/Castle are good enough, they should just go for two wings in the draft.
    Then either get D'Lo in free agency or get DJ back. Assuming that my pipe dream Cade isn't available.

Or they can even have rookie come off the bench if they get a point guard and include Tre in a package for DJ.

Keldon, Tre, '26 swap return and one of Spurs/Chicago/Hawks '25 would be a fair return.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldons value is not neutral. That’s ridiculous
    He's an undersized wing/forward, who offers little in the way of self creation for himself or others, nor is he a 3 and D type.

That's basically a highly paid 7th man, which "catch-all" metrics support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's an undersized wing/forward, who offers little in the way of self creation for himself or others, nor is he a 3 and D type.

That's basically a highly paid 7th man, which "catch-all" metrics support.
    Keldon would easily net a top 10 pick in this draft in a trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take off the rose colored glasses.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you should call Memphis, they're shopping their #9 pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then you should call Memphis, they're shopping their #9 pick.
    Looming tax issues and they need an inexpensive center.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looming tax issues and they need an inexpensive center.
    It was a joke, I don't think Keldon is worth more than a late FRP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take off the rose colored glasses.
    Ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I only believe it if tspence tweets it tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when does more followers mean higher quality of takes?

Steven A Smith
    Skip Bayless

on and on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn I remember that guy, good times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is.... strange...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since when does more followers mean higher quality of takes?

Steven A Smith
    Skip Bayless

on and on.
    It's not just a take... it's a guy who at the time had 42 followers (he's up to over 200 now!) claiming that league sources are confirming to him some kind of deal in the works.

I will give the guy credit for one thing... he knows how to bait Spurs fans into giving him a twitter follow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of his other bangers:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has 63 followers. Probably not a really good source.
    To be fair (because I'm seeing the shade RC_Drunkford, scott, et al), a friend copied me on the post knowing I was a Spursfan. Jesus this board is not for the meek.

I've no idea how many followers he has. I got booted off Xitter a couple years ago for telling Greg Abbott to go himself. All my buddy told me was some NBA guy that predicted the Dejounte trade before Woj and Shams said a big trade was going to go down. BTW, if it goes down I'll make sure to return the shade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just a take... it's a guy who at the time had 42 followers (he's up to over 200 now!) claiming that league sources are confirming to him some kind of deal in the works.

I will give the guy credit for one thing... he knows how to bait Spurs fans into giving him a twitter follow
    Yes, this xitter grab is precisely the one I'm referencing. Thanks for tracking it down since I can't

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair (because I'm seeing the shade RC_Drunkford, scott, et al), a friend copied me on the post knowing I was a Spursfan. Jesus this board is not for the meek.

I've no idea how many followers he has. I got booted off Xitter a couple years ago for telling Greg Abbott to go himself. All my buddy told me was some NBA guy that predicted the Dejounte trade before Woj and Shams said a big trade was going to go down. BTW, if it goes down I'll make sure to return the shade.
    No shade was intended to be directed towards you (unless you are Eric Zhang). Just explaining why I wouldn't put much stock in it.

But if he turns out to be right... well, then he deserves a lot more followers.

Also, thank you for your service in getting booted off Twitter. more people should tell Abbott to go himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. Injury prone, lacks assertiveness at best/soft at worst, not all that efficient (doesn't shoot enough 3's or get to the line enough) and a physical liability defensively.

Might as well just pick Dillingham, who has at least a decent chance of being as good or better offensively.

You guys and your homer trades.

My best guess for a Murray to Spurs framework post lottery is . . .

Hawks receive: 8 (they were rumored interested in Grimes, so maybe Walter?), '26 Hawks 1st, Hornets 1st, Johnson

Spurs receive: Murray

If they Hawks prefer to significantly cut salary, then include the Hornets and offer either Johnson or Hunter for Bertans and low level youth/draft capital or failing that maybe just Graham instead of Johnson.
    Why would the Spurs give up two, possibly three, number 1 picks for Murrary, when reportedly the Hawks couldn't get two number 1's for Murrary at the last trade deadline?

Thread Information