Page 3 of 238 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great with Hampton!

Also, one of the guys from Ohio State's site on ESPN, says that LB Dillon Bates of Ponte Vedra High School (Fl.) has received an offer from Manny Diaz. Unlike Miclisse, I really really like Bates' tape! Also, he is the son of former Dallas Cowboys great Bill Bates, which probably means that Texas isn't that far away from Florida.

I really like that Diaz is getting in on a lot of OOS LB's this year!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Cam Hampton is commit #1 today at junior day according to Erik nahlin
    Surprised me this morning when I woke up since he had Texas running behind OU and OK State a few days ago.

Great way to start the LB class.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also, one of the guys from Ohio State's site on ESPN, says that LB Dillon Bates of Ponte Vedra High School (Fl.) has received an offer from Manny Diaz. Unlike Miclisse, I really really like Bates' tape! Also, he is the son of former Dallas Cowboys great Bill Bates, which probably means that Texas isn't that far away from Florida.
    http://247sports.com/Player/Dillon-Bates-22535

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/134720/#highlights/19894432

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We'll do a recap of the attendees list later on.

LB Tay Evans of Allen made it to town. Doesn't look like CB/S Tony Brown is there.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Willy Ivery of Sulphur Springs did not make it in today. He's invited to both UT and Tech's Junior Days on the 23rd.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like Bernard, Knox, Heard, Joe, Gresham, and Roberson.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    CB/S John Bonney of Houston Lamar made it to town.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like Bernard, Knox, Heard, Joe, Gresham, and Roberson.
    Heard looks like he's grown quite a bit.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Heard looks like he's grown, indeed. But he's still too skinny in my opinion! Love the way Roberson looks! Looks to have a pretty good frame and some awesome hair!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any news on new offers?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texting with one JD2 invite today who hit me with this line of all line: (On the film he'll put together of his play next year) "It's gonna be so x rated you have to be 18 and older to watch that. You gonna be like 'Damn I ain't even know you can do that.'"
    It has to be either a defensive player or Leonard Fournette, whoever it is, I hope he ends up at Texas!

Edit: It's an offensive player.
    Last edited by Bloeddyr10; 02-10-2013 at 03:52 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any news on new offers?
    It looks like John Bonney has been offered.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I really want Darrion Johnson to get an offer

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Me too I'm getting the feeling they are gonna things up with him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Darrion Johnson, John Bonney, Jerrod Heard, Daniel Gresham, Demetrius Knox, Roderick Bernard and Lorenzo Joe.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

This!!! I'll be pretty pissed if we screw up his recruitment ala Maurice Smith.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Joe

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It looks like John Bonney has been offered.
    One of the more underrated DBs. I like it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tony Brown and Ed Paris:

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    DE Jarrett Johnson of Katy Seven Lakes has been offered.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Houston Lamar DB John Bonney didn't know what to expect when he made his way to Austin on Sunday for a Longhorn junior day. He really didn't know what to expect when he was pulled aside and toldMack Brown wanted to speak to him, shortly after arriving on campus.

Things couldn't have gone much better for Bonney.

John Bonney picked up an offer from Texas on Sunday morning.
    "When I first got there, they pulled me aside and took me to coach Brown's office. I got to meet his wife, and he personally offered me there," Bonney said. "Then I got a chance to talk to my position coach, coach (Duane) Akina, and coach (Oscar) Giles, who recruits my area."

When Bonney was pulled aside at roughly 9 a.m., he didn't know an offer was coming. When he realized he was being taken to Mack Brown's office, his heart rate picked up by a tick or two.

"He's one of the best coaches of all time. It felt pretty good that he has that much interest in me," Bonney said. "That was pretty good. It was the first thing I did when I got there, talk to coach Brown, so that was pretty big.

"I didn't even know I was going to his office at first. I saw his name on the door, went into this big office. When he told me about the offer, I was really happy. Both my parents were happy too. My mom likes the whole situation at Texas and my dad liked Mack Brown and coach Akina."

Bonney was impressed with what he saw at the junior day visit, but he wants to see some other schools before coming to a final decision. In fact, Bonney is planning a busy spring tour of campus visits, starting with a visit to LSU's junior day next week.

"I'm going to Ohio State to see some spring practice, Northwestern, Auburn and I'm going to try to go to UCLA. Those are the out of state teams" Bonney said. "I'll go to Baylor as well. It's going to be busy but I want to get as much in as possible. Soon, I'll make a commitment somewhere. I want to at least narrow my list down."

As for a timeframe on a final decision, Bonney doesn't have a deadline in mind, but he's thinking his recruitment doesn't go past the summer.

"I have to get with my dad, my parents. They have to put what they want into it, give me some advice," Bonney said. "I want to be committed before my senior season starts."

The 6-0, 179-pound Bonney ws told by the Texas coaches that they liked his ability to play anywhere in the secondary, and an in-person scouting opportunity by Akina during the 2012 high school playoffs was enough to seal the deal on an offer.

"Coach Akina really liked the fact that I can play both corner and safety" Bonney said. "He said I fit their scheme and he likes my size as well. Me being six feet, I'm big enough for corner and already have good size for a safety. He got to see me play in person, so he saw my versatility."

Bonney doesn't have a formal list of favorites, but the Longhorns appeared to have made a strong enough impression during the junior day visit that they'll likely remain in the race down to the wire.

"Even when they hadn't offered me, I always felt like it would be a good situation. I was still interested in them," Bonney said. "I've been interested in them since I was little. I've been going to a Texas game every year since I was 10. It feels great for them to offer. They're definitely high up there for me. Now I just have to see how everything else goes."

Along with the offer from Texas, Bonney has picked up scholarships from the likes of Auburn, Baylor, Houston, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and UCLA. Bonney's father, Jerry Bonney, played basketball collegiately for the Houston Cougars.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quick notes from the weekend from ESPN:

- Dillon Bates will try to come to Texas in March or April so see what's it like to be a Texas player with workouts and teammeetings. Said he remember the orange color from when he grew up, and says that it means a lot to him. He attended a JD at Tennessee this weekend and will be at a Florida DJ next week.

- Tony Brown showed up later than everybody else, so he got to see everything alone. He really liked that. Also said his visit went great.

- Ed Paris had this text to Max Olson; "UT WAS FUN".

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TFloss, The Pop, and Bloeddyr...thanks for all the info...much appreciated.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    CB, Darrion Johnson holding the hardware!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No "The Eyes" on 247 this morning?

Thread Information