Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Humorless little , aren't you?
    Well there's a couple of ways to take your sentence.

And hilarious,you calling me snowflake, snowflake.
    It's your passive aggressive thread, snowflake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Humorless little , aren't you?
    Just because people don't think you are funny doesn't mean they have no sense of humor. Your joke was .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I like the conversation, but you're moving the goalpost again and avoiding my question.

Do you have any positive reasons to keep the confederate monuments and place names, Darrin?

You too, CC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well there's a couple of ways to take your sentence.

It's your passive aggressive thread, snowflake.
    I find your parsing of morality humorous and your tacit approval of slave owners in this thread even funnier.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I find your parsing of morality humorous and your tacit approval of slave owners in this thread even funnier.
    I find your complete avoidance of my question the funniest thing of all.

Go ahead, give us all your positive reasons for keeping the confederate monuments and place names.

tacit approval

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You struggle to speak for yourself. You don't get to define your political opponents. If it was about only slavery then you would see people looking to do what you are claiming.

Instead the issue is the people that rebelled to preserve slavery. I get that nuance is tough for you but you're being pretty obtuse on this issue and showing a lack of independent thought.
    Your words chumpdumpster. You dont have any beef with slave owners, just actual participants in the civil war.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Your words chumpdumpster.
    That's not me
    You dont have any beef with slave owners, just actual participants in the civil war.
    I said take care of all the traitors first. That's the easy one. Then we'll have the other discussions.

My words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yale got rid of Calhoun name. Students at Princeton tried and failed to remove Woodrow Wilson name.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yale got rid of Calhoun name. Students at Princeton tried and failed to remove Woodrow Wilson name.
    Det goalpost move again. Actually a totally different goalpost -- private schools

Do you have any positive reasons to keep the confederate monuments and place names, Darrin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not meI said take care of all the traitors first. That's the easy one. Then we'll have the other discussions.

My words.
    Yeah, confused tou with pavlov.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, confused tou with pavlov.
    Great, now that we got that clear: Do you have any positive reasons to keep the confederate monuments and place names, CC?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I mean I can think of several positive reasons to keep Houston and Jefferson stuff -- but anything else those confederates may have done is overshadowed by, you know, the treason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, now that we got that clear: Do you have any positive reasons to keep the confederate monuments and place names, CC?
    I have no reasons to keep them or get rid if then. I do think the snowflake hysteria against them is just a further sign of the pussification of the US like safe spaces, etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I have no reasons to keep them or get rid if then. I do think the snowflake hysteria against them is just a further sign of the pussification of the US like safe spaces, etc.
    So removing vestiges of overt racism from public places of honor is "pussification"?

I call bull . You wouldn't get this worked up just for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jefferson not only owned slaves, he literally ed them.
    Jeffersons place in history extends far beyond slavery. He penned the declaration of independence. Was big on religious freedom. Was our first secretary of state. Powerful advocate for states rights and co-founded the party to oppose federalists. He orchestrated the Louisiana purchase.

His impact on our history extends so far beyond slavery that it's entirely disingenuous to throw him into the discussion. Robert E Lee is primarily known as the general of the Confederacy who's primary purpose of existence was the preservation of slavery.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Are you sure you weren't one of the guys "guarding" the statue Wednesday with guns but were foiled by the park curfew?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So removing vestiges of overt racism from public places of honor is "pussification"?

I call bull . You wouldn't get this worked up just for that.
    Im not worked up, got. Im trolling a bunch of snowflakes out of boredom this afternoon. 4:30 and my happy ass is out the door heading for the lake and you gots will have this hole to yourselves again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It would be pretty awesome to have a Sally Hemings presence somewhere in the Jefferson Memorial and some context explaining their relationship, such as it was, and the fact that Jefferson's blood flows through African Americans to this day.

40 foot statue of anonymous confederate but up by white women when blacks couldn't vote? That can go.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Im not worked up, got. Im trolling a bunch of snowflakes out of boredom this afternoon. 4:30 and my happy ass is out the door heading for the lake and you gots will have this hole to yourselves again.
    We can always tell you're angry when you try to big time us for no reason.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I enter a time vortex and come out three weeks ago when this was a relevant topic and statue fetishists hadn't run out of arguments yet?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did I enter a time vortex and come out three weeks ago when this was a relevant topic and statue fetishists hadn't run out of arguments yet?
    I'm gloating since SA took down the statue in Travis Park. Darrin reposted a YouTube and CC said he's jes' trollin' gots and not mad at all. He also has a boat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can always tell you're angry when you try to big time us for no reason.
    No big time, just fact.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No big time, just fact.
    It's a fact you do this every time you get pissed off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually it was changing the name of Lee high school that got my attention today. My kids went there.

Thread Information