Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    Yeah the only thing in cristianos mind is to score no matter what, kinda like Kobe, but scoring 50 goals a season has only been done by Messi and him in the history of the game I think.

I still find it amazing how they won the CL this year despite playing poorly throughout the year.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Yeah the only thing in cristianos mind is to score no matter what, kinda like Kobe, but scoring 50 goals a season has only been done by Messi and him in the history of the game I think.

I still find it amazing how they won the CL this year despite playing poorly throughout the year.
    They had one of the easiest paths in CL history by far. I'm not even sure Real get past Atletico if they had to play over two legs. Real essentially had a Europa league route to the final.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    They had one of the easiest paths in CL history by far. I'm not even sure Real get past Atletico if they had to play over two legs. Real essentially had a Europa league route to the final.
    They were little better then Atleti, arguably the toughest CL opponent this season. Indeed it was strange "luck" how they avoided Barça and Bayern, also all second legs were at the Bernabeu. But there are no easy opponents in the Champions, prove of that is how Madrid got eliminated by Juve in 2015 also the 0:2 vs Wolfsburg definitely looked like game over, tbh.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    They were little better then Atleti, arguably the toughest CL opponent this season. Indeed it was strange "luck" how they avoided Barça and Bayern, also all second legs were at the Bernabeu. But there are no easy opponents in the Champions, prove of that is how Madrid got eliminated by Juve in 2015 also the 0:2 vs Wolfsburg definitely looked like game over, tbh.
    Sorry but Wolfsburg, City (in the semis no less), and Roma is an absolute joke no way around it. At the end of the day, a CL is a CL, but does anyone really believe that RM are the best team in Europe? This year's doesn't do jack in any other year in the CL this decade. It was some very very fortunate ping pong balls going their way.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Sorry but Wolfsburg, City (in the semis no less), and Roma is an absolute joke no way around it. At the end of the day, a CL is a CL, but does anyone really believe that RM are the best team in Europe? This year's doesn't do jack in any other year in the CL this decade. It was some very very fortunate ping pong balls going their way.
    Did they had an easier path to the finals then Atleti? On paper, yes. However, this Atleti would have took out any other team from the CL but they couldn't take out Madrid. It's safe to assume Madrid would have beaten Barça or Bayern.

Once Rafa was fired, the Madrid started playing at another level with Zidane. Madrid won the clásico at the Camp Nou, few weeks before the CL finals.

Where Madrid was lucky, was when Grizmann missed the penalty. Atleti had it all to win the game.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Did they had an easier path to the finals then Atleti? On paper, yes. However, this Atleti would have took out any other team from the CL but they couldn't take out Madrid. It's safe to assume Madrid would have beaten Barça or Bayern.

Once Rafa was fired, the Madrid started playing at another level with Zidane. Madrid won the clásico at the Camp Nou, few weeks before the CL finals.

Where Madrid was lucky, was when Grizmann missed the penalty. Atleti had it all to win the game.
    No way Madrid beats Barca over two legs. Madrid's goal was also offside let's not forget that. Madrid were very very fortunate, a more clinical team like Barca/Bayern would have beaten them. They barely scraped by City for god's sake needing an own goal. A city team that looked lifeless, possibly one of the worst semi-final teams in CL history.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    400 goals with realmadrid correct? the pos who takes all free kicks, penalties? lmao jealous pos when a team mates scores and not him

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Yes. Messi will be synonymous to Ronaldo and vice-versa, and that's how it's gonna be until they both hang up their boots

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    Yes. Messi will be synonymous to Ronaldo and vice-versa, and that's how it's gonna be until they both hang up their boots
    they will be poor's man Cruyf / Beckenbauer

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    He will be remembered as one of the guys who competed in the Messi era alongside Xaviniesta, Zlatan, Neybeta, etc. Pretty much Platini/Zico/Matthaus during Diegoat's era.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    compare current Messi and current Cristiano, is the comparison even needed nowadays?

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    They certainly did, Roma, wolfsburg, manchester city.. I have a hard time accepting how they're that lucky, they've been getting easy opponents in the early knockout stages for years now.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    The first knockout out round is the best team of one group vs the second best of other group, there are some differences here, but from there on, the teams are evenly matched.

Roma is a relatively big club from a country with a strong league. I'm sure several other teams got easier opponents in that round.

Wolfsburg was better Benfica, that Bayern got. City got PSG, which Madrid dominated in the group stage. Atleti got Barça.

Only in the semi-finals, Madrid got the easier opponent.

Atleti had a much more difficult run, but in the end Madrid got the upper hand in the finals. Atleti could have won it, Grizman missed a penalty.
    Last edited by dunkman; 06-20-2016 at 01:41 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    Teams like Roma and Wolfsburg are never projected to win the CL, teams like that are just happy to be participating the in CL tbh, same as benefica, psv, ajax and so on.

the giants like barca, madrid, bayern are on a whole different level tbh, Madrid only struggled because they were in a poor form, Barca would have walked over roma and wolfsburg even City, city always disappoints.

I think only madridistas are celebrating this CL, because neutrals saw how poor Madrid was through the CL and La Liga and how unconvincing they beat Atletico tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Teams like Roma and Wolfsburg are never projected to win the CL, teams like that are just happy to be participating the in CL tbh, same as benefica, psv, ajax and so on.

the giants like barca, madrid, bayern are on a whole different level tbh, Madrid only struggled because they were in a poor form, Barca would have walked over roma and wolfsburg even City, city always disappoints.

I think only madridistas are celebrating this CL, because neutrals saw how poor Madrid was through the CL and La Liga and how unconvincing they beat Atletico tbh
    Still, they won the CL.

Believe.
    My Team
    FIFA_Mexico
    Post Count
    Still, they won the CL.
    yeah with an * next to it son

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I confess: I had to google "Distefano" and still don't really know him.

Same in 30 years with Ronaldo, but with several brazilian Ronaldos confusing the guy that searches.

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count
    Messi, Maradona, Pele, Distefano, Cruyff.

The undisputed top 5. You name any other guy and knowlodgeable football fans laugh at you. 3 out of 5 haven't won the WC... So far.
    Distefano actually won a major tournament

My Team
    Sao Paulo Futebol Clube
    Post Count
    There's only 1 Ronaldo tbh and he will always be remembered. The best 9 of all-time with the best haircut ever in WC finals

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    He's been on top forever as far as scoring, had a long prime. Broke quite a few records. Multiple CL's in the top 2 leagues in the world. The most recognizable, popular and highest paid athlete in the world today. Yeah, i'm sure he will forgotten in about 20 years

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Distefano actually won a major tournament
    Which one?

My Team
    AFC Ajax
    Post Count

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    If Copa America was still played that way Argentina would have already rang. no final

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    If he wins the Euro bwahaha
    He did.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Well played, however:

Ronaldo needs Bale and Ramos to bail him out when he disappears in important matches.
    That still holds true in the most recent semi finals and CL Final

Thread Information