Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hasn't moved yet and won't.

Make sure you get really worked up over it, though.
    The evangelicals are absolutely giddy over Trump's announcement. If only you had let them in on earlier on this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stated I thought it was a completely unnecessary move if Trump actually wants his son in law to bring peace to the middle east.

Make sure you defend Trump on every issue, though.
    Trumps an asshole but this hysteria is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trumps an asshole but this hysteria is ridiculous.
    There's a reason that presidents of the last 20 years have delayed moving the embassy to Jerusalem.

Even for the low lease price of $1 a year for the next 70 something years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. It won't move to Jerusalem. To quote the stones, you cant always get what you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah at the end of the day I think he's just trying to appease the ing evangelicals more than anything else.
    Evangelicals believe the Jews killed Jesus. Da Bible sez so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Far left are the real fascists... My Jewish friends are ecstatic.

Tense times though for sure with the recognition and future move to Jerusalem. We need to quit appeasing the radicals and this is the 1st step in the right direction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Far left are the real fascists...
    :but I'm not a righty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. It won't move to Jerusalem. To quote the stones, you cant always get what you want.
    We'll see. I guess Trump can keep coming up with excuses and keep signing 6 month waivers like the previous presidents but I'm not sure I see that happening.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Netanyahu Ditches US Jews for Alliance with Christian Evangelicals and the Alt-Right

For decades most American Jews have claimed an “Israel exemption”: resolutely progressive on domestic issues, they are hawks on their cherished cause. Racism they would vigorously oppose if applied in the United States is welcomed in Israel.

But paradoxically, just as American Jews look close to winning the battle domestically on behalf of Israel, many feel more alienated from a Jewish state than ever before.

Given that half the world’s Jews live outside Israel – the great majority in the US – their support for Israel is critical.

The rift has grown into a chasm as Benjamin Netanyahu’s right-wing government widens its assault on civil rights. It now targets not just Palestinians but the remnants of liberal Jewish society in Israel – in open contempt for the values of most American Jews.

Avraham Infeld, a veteran Israeli liaison with the US Jewish community, told the Haaretz newspaper this week that the crisis in relations was “unprecedented”. American Jews have concluded “Israel doesn’t give a damn about them”.

Tzipi Hotovely, the deputy foreign minister, all but accused American Jews of being freeloaders. She condemned their failure to fight in the US or Israeli militaries, saying they preferred “convenient lives”.

Her comments caused uproar.

They echo those of leading Orthodox rabbis, who argue that Reform Jews are not real Jews – and are possibly even an enemy.

the Israeli prime minister set out his rationale for sacrificing the support of liberal Jews overseas at a recent closed-door meeting with officials.

He reportedly told them that non-Orthodox Jews would disappear in “one or two generations” through low birth rates, intermarriage and more general assimilation. Liberal Jews were a “lost cause” in his view, and wedded to a worldview that was incompatible with Israel’s future.

he added, Israel should invest in cultivating stronger ties to Orthodox Jews and Christian evangelicals.

Netanyahu’s demographic predictions may turn out to be faulty, but they are clearly now driving his policy towards liberal Jews at home and abroad.

In fact, as Israel’s attacks on liberals in Israel echo Trump’s rhetoric and policies towards minorities in the US,

American Jews are gradually being forced to reassess their longstanding double standard towards Israel.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/12...the-alt-right/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jewish Congressional Democrats not invited to Trump White House Hanukkah party

President Trash hosted his first White House Hanukkah party on Thursday night, where he touted his administration's decision to declare Jerusalem the capital of Israel.

Trump hosted hundreds of attendees at the White House for the party, with a guest list that had been narrowed from previous administrations.

Congressional Democrats, as well as Jewish leaders who have been critical of Trump, were excluded from receiving invitations this year

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...hanukkah-party

The only good Jew is ... a Repug Jew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This changes nothing. Over 10k Palestinians have been killed in Jerico to make ways for European orthodox jews that last 15 years.

Aqsa has been under Jordans control for years now.

Id give it another 30 years before Palestinians are ethnically cleansed by Europeans Jews in Jerico.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The interesting build up is the orthodox vs Liberal jew scene. Israel verly clearly cares little of Ahkenzis or US jews. We will see how long its convenient for them to hide their differences but its very clear they are heading towards seperation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A full feud between Ahkenzi liberals and Orthodox jews is gonna be one big mind for the average uncultured american.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    :but I'm not a righty
    But but but blakes not a cuck

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash's Jerusalem announcement made to aggrandize himself as being better than all the failed Pres before him.

Trump posts video of past presidents’ statements on Israel embassy

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/363907-trump-posts-video-of-past-presidents-statements-on-israel-embassy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would legitimizing the capital of the Jewish homeland appease the Christian evangelical contingency he has?
    Because the modern state of Israel is required for the second coming of Christ.

Why Evangelical Christians Support Israel

These facts about modern day Israel are all true. But mere political rhetoric does not account for the profound devotion to Israel that exists in the hearts of tens of millions of evangelical Christians.

You must realize that the God who spoke to Moses on Mount Sinai is our God. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are our spiritual Patriarchs. Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Daniel are our prophets. King David, a man after God's own heart, is our hero. The Holy City of Jerusalem is our spiritual capital. And the continuation of Jewish sovereignty over the Holy Land is a further bulwark to us that the God of the Bible exists and that His Word is true.

And we should clearly take note that evangelical Christians serve a Jew that we believe was the divine Messiah of Israel, spoken of by the ancient prophets, to whom He entrusted the worldwide dissemination of His message to 12 Jewish apostles.
    http://www.patrobertson.com/Speeches/IsraelLauder.asp
    The reasoning is out there. Sopping to Israel makes evangelicals generally happy. Their interpretations of stupid bible prophesies require the nation state of Israel to exist.

If you want, copy pasta this into google's search engine for more:

evangelical view of israel

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the modern state of Israel is required for the second coming of Christ.
    I think the apocalyptic End Timers want ALL Jews to go back to Israel.

Those Christians hate Jews as much as they hate Catholics, but they need Jews as a means in Israel so the Christians can get raised up to heaven / not Left Behind with Christ 2.0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazareth, Jesus’ hometown, cancels Christmas to protest Trump’s Jerusalem move

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...189956269.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nazareth, Jesus’ hometown, cancels Christmas to protest Trump’s Jerusalem move

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...189956269.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Damn, Trump lost the war on Christmas in Jesustown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what could go wrong?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just as Trash does in his business vengences, the less fraud bully intends to HURT countries that vote against his Jerusalem move

Haley Warns UN That Trump Is Watching Jerusalem Votes

U.S. envoy says Trump will take the vote at the UN personally

General Assembly to meet in rare emergency session Thursday

Nikki Haley has a warning for her fellow UN ambassadors ahead of a key vote on Jerusalem this week: Donald Trump
    is watching.

- Haley warned that

“the president will be watching this vote carefully and has requested I report back on those countries who voted against us.

We will take note of each and every vote on this issue.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...eid=47e367557b

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delusional Self-Interest in Trump’s Jerusalem Move

President Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital let him boast about his courage but he ignored both international law and U.S. interests in delivering this gift to the Israel Lobby, as Lawrence Davidson explains.

Trump: “I want to make one point very clear …. The United States remains deeply committed to helping to facilitate a peace agreement that is acceptable to both sides.” We are “not taking a position on any final status issues.”

Comment:

It is at this point that you have to ask just what world the President is living in.

Actually, the answer is not that hard to come by.

It is a personal world that is singularly egocentric.

As such it has no real relevance to U.S. national interests and certainly not to Palestinian-Israeli conflict resolution. Its only reference point is Trump’s own, largely unrestrained, self-serving urges and needs.

According to reports
    coming from inside the White House, Trump was interested in the alleged prestige of being the President who actually went through with the promise to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem.

“While previous presidents have made this a major campaign promise, they failed to deliver. Today I am delivering.”

He sought out those who would encourage his goal – those who are hardly any more knowledgeable than he –

his Christian Fundamentalist Vice President Mike Pence, and

son-in-law Jared Kushner, who is a family friend of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Trump is also reported to have been encouraged to take this step by the Senate Minority Leader

Trump ignored the advice of

his Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, and

Secretary of Defense, James Mattis,

both of whom thought the move ill-advised.

So now we have the Zionists and Christian fundamentalists standing behind Trump, patting him on the back.

The rest of the world stands in front of him, aghast.

Typical of the self-serving type he is, Trump only cares about the blandishments pushing him in the direction he wants to go.

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/12/21/delusional-self-interest-in-trumps-jerusalem-move/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christians in Holy Land say Trump and Pence have killed tourism and put their lives at risk

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/christians-in-holy-land-say-trump-and-pence-have-killed-tourism-and-put-their-lives-at-risk/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Thread Information