Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I didn't think de Colo was going to participate...does this mean he has a shot at the roster?
    Dont believe so. I believe it has been announced he will stay in Europe. No sense in bringing him over as their really isn't a spot for him. He would be 3rd PG.

Quiet Confidence
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romel Beck... isn't he the guy who played for Mexico during the FIBA americas a while back?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romel Beck... isn't he the guy who played for Mexico during the FIBA americas a while back?
    Yep. LOL Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The core of expected players is here (Hill, Gist, Mahinmi and Blair).

It's nice to see Hairston being back. He was a quite interesting prospect and it's a good news that Spurs are still interested in him.

De Colo is a surprise. Have Spurs offered him a guaranteed contract? Is he still a maybe to play this SL? Has he changed his mind about SL?

No Marcus Williams is also a surprise. Will Spurs waive him before the SL or will he be traded ?

For the rest, it's quite classical. Some undrafted free agent (Anderson and Gee), some Toros players (Squeaky and Dawson) and some vets (Taylor and Beck).

IMO, the most interesting surprise name is Marcus Vinicius. He was a damn interesting prospect a couple of years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Marcus Williams is also a surprise. Will Spurs waive him before the SL or will he be traded ?
    What could he + Bonner + Finley bring back in a trade (salary level)? Isn't it about $8 mil?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    De Colo is a surprise. Have Spurs offered him a guaranteed contract? Is he still a maybe to play this SL? Has he changed his mind about SL?
    Well, you did speculate earlier that he would only play summer league with a contract.

then there's this statement from an interview he did on the De Colo thread:

"Now we'll see what they offer me. (Gregg) Popovich (Editor's note: San Antonio coach) told me during my test that I loved the European game and Tony (Parker) told me that I was good too. I think I can bring to this team scoring. "After the summer leagues, a decision should be taken in the first half of July, giving the Valencians until July 12 for a response.
    Where he basically says he's going to play summer league. EDIT They only play their first game on 7-12. I had wondered if he was just going to be here for workouts and to get to know the coaches and players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what could he + bonner + finley bring back in a trade (salary level)? Isn't it about $8 mil?
    $8,327,496

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nevermind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone recommend which game I should go to? Like based on the SL rosters of the other teams. Which teams would be a good gauge of the Spurs player's strengths/weaknesses?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where he basically says he's going to play summer league. They only play I think 1 game before 7-12. I had wondered if he was just going to be here for workouts and to get to know the coaches and players.
    De Colo didn't say at all that he will play SL in this article. It's the writer that speculate.
    I have direct quotes from his agent saying that he won't play SL without a guaranteed contract and will instead play with French NT.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my mistake, I misread where the quotemarks were.

So if he won't play SL without a contract . . . is it reasonable to assume he has a contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks!

So it is quite curious that Williams is not on the roster and De Colo is, no? Perhaps something is afoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, why might the Spurs have to wait until July 1 to make a trade involving Williams?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hairston...

It is really strange to see Marcus Williams not on the roster. There almost has to be some sort of trade in the works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, why might the Spurs have to wait until July 1 to make a trade involving Williams?
    If it was part of a package with Finley.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awesome to see Malik Hairston on there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my mistake, I misread where the quotemarks were.

So if he won't play SL without a contract . . . is it reasonable to assume he has a contract?
    Well, it could be something else. Maybe he has been put on the roster list while he isn't sure to play SL. Maybe he will only play the first couple of games and com to French NT camp a little late. Maybe he has changed his mind...

In all the case, it's surprising. I hope French press will bring soon some ifnos about that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe Pietrus playing with the NT, making De Colo less vital so he could spend time in the SL?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the trade were involving a BYC player from another team, that could be why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A player can't be traded during 3 months after signing a contract. Williams has signed with Spurs on April 8th. He can't be traded before July 8th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A player can't be traded during 3 months after signing a contract. Williams has signed with Spurs on April 8th. He can't be traded before July 8th.
    Possibly a big day for the Spurs with FA signings and trades.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RC Buford even said De Colo wouldn't be at Summer League due to him playing for the national team.

Fascinating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Garcia but another brazilian guy, Marcus Vinicius, who played for the Hornets.

He's very bad and also had a terrible at ude with Brazil NT last year when he called out the coach via newspaper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it was part of a package with Finley.
    If the trade were involving a BYC player from another team, that could be why.
    Does that help

Thread Information