Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we were unlucky to tie bolivia, and lucky to win today (assuming colombia doesnt score in the next 5 min. )

The important thing is the team still plays like , still starts out with terrible lineups, and our coach still needs the game to almost be over before realizing what subs to make.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Did he get hit with a bottle?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take the win because you gotta take what you can, but it's terrible we need to be cornered for the coach to get a 3rd striker out there.

We also were unbelievable lucky that Burdisso got injured. DeSabato was great at the back. I'll take those two defenders over Burdisso and Demichelis any day of the week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we have no iden y, and are always playing for results instead of by principle.

Also, how long are we going to keep going with the "they dont play with each other often enough" excuse? This same nucleus has been going for 3 coaches now, since 2008. If that's really the case, then lets play with local players who can put in more work together. Its yet another example of the schizophrenia from the coach/staff. We dont need messi to beat Bolivia at home.

speaking of which (and I realize DAF is going to become extremely upset about this), Messi needs to relax. against bolivia he was forcing and even being selfish. I understand he's trying to put the team on his back, but thats not the way to do it. go to the corners and pull away defenders from the goal so you can set someone else up, dont try to slalom down the middle through 5 players.
    I hope you're not serious about that, there's a reason they play in Argentina and don't get sell for millions of dollars and that reason is they suck, at least most of them. Have you forgot the game against Brazil with the local players not to long ago?

What the coaches need to do is to put the biggest amount of players possible in the position they play in their clubs. If Mascherano plays as CB in Barcelona put him there or leave him on the bench, if Di Maria plays as a wing in Madrid put him as wing not as a center miedfielder, etc.

P/S: Thank God Messi plays for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you're not serious about that, there's a reason they play in Argentina and don't get sell for millions of dollars and that reason is they suck, at least most of them. Have you forgot the game against Brazil with the local players not to long ago?
    I'm saying that if the coaches/players are constantly going to use not playing together as an excuse, then the only logical course is to play with local players who are more available to practice for the NT. how many bolivians and venezuelans play in europe for millions of dollars? exactly.

Also, its not totally accurate to say they all suck, there are players who play locally who are about to leave / have already come back who have shown they are good enough to play on the NT. to beat brazil/italy/germany/spain, those players are not enough. But to beat venezuela and bolivia? yes, they should be more than enough. those friendlies against brazil are not good barometers of anything, especially since they only played two games and didnt use the same roster for each game. If we are going to give the "foreigners" a pass for not playing together enough (when they have been playing together for substantially longer than two games), then why not give that same pass to the local players (who played a far better rival than bolivia or venezuela). I don't WANT a local squad, what I want is for the "we dont play enough together" excuse to stop. First, because many other teams have that problem, and second because we've had the same nucleus for at least 2 years, which have included a WC and a Copa America.

I agree on the last bit about using players in their natural position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm saying that if the coaches/players are constantly going to use not playing together as an excuse, then the only logical course is to play with local players who are more available to practice for the NT. how many bolivians and venezuelans play in europe for millions of dollars? exactly.

Also, its not totally accurate to say they all suck, there are players who play locally who are about to leave / have already come back who have shown they are good enough to play on the NT. to beat brazil/italy/germany/spain, those players are not enough. But to beat venezuela and bolivia? yes, they should be more than enough. those friendlies against brazil are not good barometers of anything, especially since they only played two games and didnt use the same roster for each game. If we are going to give the "foreigners" a pass for not playing together enough (when they have been playing together for substantially longer than two games), then why not give that same pass to the local players (who played a far better rival than bolivia or venezuela). I don't WANT a local squad, what I want is for the "we dont play enough together" excuse to stop. First, because many other teams have that problem, and second because we've had the same nucleus for at least 2 years, which have included a WC and a Copa America.

I agree on the last bit about using players in their natural position.
    The local players NT thing doesn't work from the get go 'cause let's imagine that we do form a local players NT and by some miracle they play well, it's a given that many if not most of those players will start to draw attention from the Europeans teams and will eventually get sold so then you would have to start all over again to find and work with new players, that's why the local players NT argument is so stupid.
    Last edited by DAF86; 11-16-2011 at 09:24 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/new...-jersey-july-9

Argentina vs. Brazil friendly July 9 in New Jersey...I believe I may go this time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll probably go if I'm not in Buenos Aires at the time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, article says June 9, not July

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So many Brazilians round here though... it's gonna be packed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BTW, article says June 9, not July
    Weird..the link says july

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would we qualify for Brasil if it wasn't for Messi? I think not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horrible, horrible game plan by Sabella. If Messi would have played for Switzerland we would have lost 5-0 or something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-squad?cc=5901

Manchester City's Pablo Zabaleta, Hugo Campagnaro, Marcos Rojo, Federico Fernandez and Ezequiel Garay are the other defenders in the list.

Internacional midfielder Pablo Guinazu is another surprise name, while Tevez is one high-profile name who misses out. Together with the Man City forward, others omitted include PSG's Javier Pastore and Rodrigo Palacio.

Argentina squad: Sergio Romero (Sampdoria); Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Matias Rodriguez (Universidad de Chile), Ezequiel Garay (Benfica), Federico Fernandez (Napoli), Hugo Campagnaro (Napoli), Marcos Rojo (Spartak); Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Fernando Gago (Roma), Jose Sosa (FC Metalist), Maxi Rodriguez (Liverpool), Pablo Guinazu (Internacional), Eduardo Salvio (Atletico Madrid); Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli), Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid), Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Gonzalo Higuain (Real Madrid), Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) .
    Why do they continue to omit our best creative mid?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why is Pastore not included?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is Pastore not included?
    Exactly what I don't know. He's by far Argentina's best creative midfielder and has potential to become a great player, he's pretty damn skilled on the ball and can pass. He's worth having on the team, actually worth starting, so he continues to develop and grow with the national team. Who else do they think is going to create for anyone? We've already seen that Messi trying to do everything does not work. You can't have him receive the ball way back deep and then expect him to advance it throughout the game running about everywhere and then finish accurately closer to goal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Emiliano Insua is our best left-back right now, I would have liked to see him on the squad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who needs Pastore since Messi=GOD?

You don't have faith in Messi=GOD ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, after a great start with psg, Pastore has been awful since december. Next year with the CL and other "big names" coming to paris, he needs to stop sucking fast. he's a crack though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dunno if this has been posted yet

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/so...-1226365774784

A SOCCER player in Argentina has been told to play better or have his leg blown off.

Racing Club midfielder Giovanni Moreno and teammate Federico Santander were approached by three men following yesterday's practice.

One of the men, who was wielding a gun, told Moreno to leave the team and that if they did not win their next game, things would "go very badly."

Another report said they stuck a pistol into his knee and promised to ''blow off'' his leg unless he played better for struggling first-division team, regarded as one of the ''big five'' in the local game.
    do these 2 clowns play for the NT?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How much does that cost?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How much does that cost?
    around 1k probably... have you shopped for it on ebay?

BTW and back on thread topic, I'm expecting Argentina to go back to contender mode now that they have a serious coach

Can't wait for the oldest international and WC classic to be played again as we lost both last qualifiers including the infamous "keep on sucking it" from maradona in our house

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Thread Information