Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump solicited Alex Jones and his followers for votes.
    You and Winehole need to get together, hash this out.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why, does Winehole's failure to immediately recollect Trump's appearance on Alex Jones' show make you less wrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to hash out, tbh. Maybe you should take the wax out of your ears. Trump cultivates conspira and racist creeps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And lol comparing Alex Jones to Michael Moore. Not even the same ballpark. Moore is the John Stossell of the Left at worst, nowhere near to 911-truther false flags fake moonlanding types.
    Fahrenheit/911 is the left's version of some Alex Jones tripe. At best he's Ann Coulter of the left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to hash out, tbh. Maybe you should take the wax out of your ears. Trump cultivates conspira and racist creeps.
    Therefore, we shouldn't judge Trump because David Duke and and other assorted white power figures like him.

It was unsolicited.
    Donald Trump solicited Alex Jones and his followers for votes.
    Oh OK Winehole you weird mother er

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why, does Winehole's failure to immediately recollect Trump's appearance on Alex Jones' show make you less wrong?
    Wrong about what? He made the statement, not me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy the entire got crew descended like the ST Avengers...... "there's an active thread, one of our crew is pinned down... everyone, to the ship!"

You guys cannot make a point without needing 3 or 4 other people to come in and create distractions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didnt say that. but thats their primary stated goal. i dont see any part of obama's campaign messaging or persona that would appeal to anti-semitic crowds. i can see why a pro-african american crowd would support him, though. i dont see other anti-semites like david duke or TheGreatYacht supporting obama.

their support for him raises the question of why they did so, but there's a pretty good explanation for why the nation of islam would support a black candidate even if he didnt appeal to their rampant anti-semitic side

thats not the extent of their stated mission goals, to say the least

Nationalist, racist, separatist. All goals that are easily understood. Of course the NOI is there to promote harmony in black communities. It's a shame they are listed as a hate group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nationalist, racist, separatist. All goals that are easily understood. Of course the NOI is there to promote harmony in black communities. It's a shame they are listed as a hate group.
    why is it a shame. they have some awfully anti-semitic tendencies. is there any particular reason obama would be a lightningrod for that? i dont see any.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh OK Winehole you weird mother er
    That irony would be lost on you of all people is amusing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy the entire got crew descended like the ST Avengers...... "there's an active thread, one of our crew is pinned down... everyone, to the ship!"

You guys cannot make a point without needing 3 or 4 other people to come in and create distractions.

No coordinated agenda, tbh, you're just an asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why is it a shame. they have some awfully anti-semitic tendencies. is there any particular reason obama would be a lightningrod for that? i dont see any.
    You think Trump is a white supremacist?

The NewYorker said it well:

"Does Donald Trump know anything about this? Unlikely. He is an insult machine, not a policy wonk. He may know, on some level, that the nonsense he speaks and tweets is nonsense, but that doesn’t mean he actually knows anything else about the world. He has gut instincts for pleasing members of a fact-averse crowd—for speaking what’s on their minds. He seems to be a narcissist of bottomless insecurity and need. "

The fringe groups don't want to be left behind. You get a man like Trump who looks for ratings and doesn't know politics, he's going to appeal to a lot of odd groups. This is especially true if he give any of them any mention.

Obama condemned statements by the NOI. Trump condemned white supremacists. Obama was certainly a better politician, but he still rubbed elbows with a hate group. I didn't fault him. But it doesn't matter why they associated with him. Based on what Spurminator said, why would you vote for someone who was supported by someone like that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No coordinated agenda, tbh, you're just an asshole.
    So that makes you what, a turd?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That irony would be lost on you of all people is amusing.
    It must have been lost on Spurminator too, because he was excusing you for not knowing.

Pick a lane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think Trump is a white supremacist?

The NewYorker said it well:

"Does Donald Trump know anything about this? Unlikely. He is an insult machine, not a policy wonk. He may know, on some level, that the nonsense he speaks and tweets is nonsense, but that doesn’t mean he actually knows anything else about the world. He has gut instincts for pleasing members of a fact-averse crowd—for speaking what’s on their minds. He seems to be a narcissist of bottomless insecurity and need. "

The fringe groups don't want to be left behind. You get a man like Trump who looks for ratings and doesn't know politics, he's going to appeal to a lot of odd groups. This is especially true if he give any of them any mention.

Obama condemned statements by the NOI. Trump condemned white supremacists. Obama was certainly a better politician, but he still rubbed elbows with a hate group. I didn't fault him. But it doesn't matter why they associated with him. Based on what Spurminator said, why would you vote for someone who was supported by someone like that?
    i disagree with that sentiment

i think trump says a lot more things which stroke the flames of white supremacists than barry ever did for anti-semites

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So that makes you what, a turd?
    You didn't give birth to me, so I would say no.

Your mileage may vary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i think trump says a lot more things which stroke the flames of white supremacists than barry ever did for anti-semites
    Hate groups are hate groups. It doesn't matter why the hate group chooses the candidate. It matters why the candidate accepts. Obama interjecting pre-trial about a shooting in Florida "could have been my son". Making comments about an arrest of a professor. Obama was more of a statesman, not nearly the troll, but he wasn't without his race baiting and picking sides. Trump is looking for ratings. He doesn't really care how he gets them. It's why I couldn't vote for him, I think he's a tool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Standard deflection: Trump is too dumb to know what he's saying, or what he's doing.

It's understandable this defense sometimes works in court, for it to be a routine defense for POTUS-- one that is widely accepted and repeated -- is more or less horrifying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standard deflection: Trump is too dumb to know what he's saying, or what he's doing.

It's understandable this defense sometimes works in court, for it to be a routine defense for POTUS-- one that is widely accepted and repeated -- is more or less horrifying.
    Worked for Reagan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Worked for Reagan.
    Political expedience is God. everything else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate groups are hate groups.
    and strawmen are strawmen.

i didnt say one was a hate group and one isnt. but NOI's main stated goal is the improvement of conditions of african americans. that in and of itself isn't a hateful goal. that doesnt mean that the group doesnt also engage in anti-semitic rhetoric. they absolutely do. and barry was correct in condemning farrakhan.

but my point wasnt saying one group is better or worse than the other. i said you have to look at what actions barry took which would have attracted that group and compare them to actions trump took to attract the white nationalist group. thats a very different analysis than asking "which group is more hateful" but you somehow have dragged it back to that.

Obama interjecting pre-trial about a shooting in Florida "could have been my son". Making comments about an arrest of a professor. Obama was more of a statesman, not nearly the troll, but he wasn't without his race baiting and picking sides. Trump is looking for ratings. He doesn't really care how he gets them. It's why I couldn't vote for him, I think he's a tool.
    what does obama saying that trayvon could have been his son have anything to do with the disgusting anti-semitism we see from farrakhan and his followers? none. but you dont see how trumps incessant xenophobic rhetoric and policy would appeal to white nationalists?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and strawmen are strawmen.

i didnt say one was a hate group and one isnt. but NOI's main stated goal is the improvement of conditions of african americans. that in and of itself isn't a hateful goal. that doesnt mean that the group doesnt also engage in anti-semitic rhetoric. they absolutely do. and barry was correct in condemning farrakhan.

but my point wasnt saying one group is better or worse than the other. i said you have to look at what actions barry took which would have attracted that group and compare them to actions trump took to attract the white nationalist group. thats a very different analysis than asking "which group is more hateful" but you somehow have dragged it back to that.

what does obama saying that trayvon could have been his son have anything to do with the disgusting anti-semitism we see from farrakhan and his followers? none. but you dont see how trumps incessant xenophobic rhetoric and policy would appeal to white nationalists?
    What white supremacist group did Trump take photos with? US Congress notwithstanding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Political expedience is God. everything else.
    Seems to be the mission statement for the democrats. I don't subscribe to ideologue narratives. It is what it is. I am only interested in talking about what is, not what ought to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What white supremacist group did Trump take photos with? US Congress notwithstanding
    They don't have to be in the same snapshot, silly. Words matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh

none that i'm aware of. i dont think being photographed with somebody is the only way (or most dispositive way) to be affiliated with a person or group. trumpettes love trump and abhor the clintons, but he's been photographed with them. thats not going to convince chris (or any of his supporters) that trump is just like the clintons, for instance.

Thread Information