My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    this is a birmingham news poll, which explains the Auburn homerism

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...s-in-scrimmage

Not harping on AU defense but it was a Dyer read as well...

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...s-in-scrimmage

Not harping on AU defense but it was a Dyer read as well...
    I'm not high on the AU defense either dude, and never have been. Will be a few years before it can return to a solid situation, at least depth-wise. It's still a huge question mark, as is the DC.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    I'm not high on the AU defense either dude, and never have been. Will be a few years before it can return to a solid situation, at least depth-wise. It's still a huge question mark, as is the DC.
    So is our defense. Just glad we got depth now after a good defensive class.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Season preview from Chris Lowe, ESPN http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/ta...w-picks-083010

The more things change in the SEC, the more they seem to stay the same.

If you’ve enjoyed watching Alabama and Florida tango each of the past two seasons in the SEC championship game, then why not make it a best 2-out-of-3 series with a third straight meeting in Atlanta this season?

Actually, it would be the fourth meeting, because the two teams clash in the regular season this year.

Alabama and Florida remain the class of this league, but defending their divisional les will take some doing. The Crimson Tide lost nine defensive starters from their national championship team a year ago, and the Gators will be without nine players who were taken in the first five rounds of the NFL draft.

The rest of the field in the SEC is lining up to catch them. The chase begins this week.

What would a football season be without a few predictions?:

East champion: Florida. The Gators have a standing reservation in Atlanta for that first Saturday in December. They’ll make it back this season, but getting past Georgia won’t be easy.

West champion: Alabama. A third straight perfect regular season might be too much to ask, but the Crimson Tide will ride a powerhouse running game to a third straight West le.

SEC champion: Alabama. Just like Florida a year ago, until somebody proves differently, Alabama is still the team to beat. Don’t let the personnel losses on defense fool you, either. The Crimson Tide still have more talent than anybody in the league.

Offensive MVP: Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett. He can throw from the pocket. He can throw on the move, and he has great receiving talent around him. He’s also become one of the Hogs’ strongest leaders.

Defensive MVP: Alabama linebacker Dont’a Hightower. Defense will always be what sets the SEC apart, and now that he’s healthy again, Hightower will be a force, whether he’s lining up at middle linebacker or putting his hand down and rushing the passer.

Surprise team: Georgia. The Bulldogs will push Florida to the limit in the East, and in doing so, will re-establish themselves as one of the powers in the SEC.

Team most likely to disappoint: South Carolina. Nobody’s predicting the Game s will have a lousy season, but history tells us they probably won’t live up to those grandiose expectations in the Palmetto State.

Surprise player: Florida receiver Deonte Thompson. He was known more for the passes he didn’t catch last season. But with John Brantley looking his way early and often, Thompson will be known more for the passes he catches this season.

Freshman of the Year: South Carolina running back Marcus Lattimore. The Game s needed a burst of something in their running game. They got it in Lattimore, who has the speed, power and acceleration to be a great one.

Newcomer of the Year: Auburn quarterback Cameron Newton. The way Newton describes himself is that he’s a pocket passer who can scramble when he has to. Sounds like a perfect fit for Gus Malzahn’s offense.

Coach of the Year: Georgia’s Mark Richt. Other than last season, the guy has been incredibly consistent. Finally, he gets some recognition for that consistency as the Bulldogs bounce back with a vengeance in 2010.

Can’t miss game: Florida at Alabama, Oct. 2. They’ve met in the past two SEC championship games and won the past two national championships. Their first regular-season meeting since 2006 is one nobody will want to miss.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Fearless predictions from Chris Lowe http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/ta...ictions-083010

Anybody can pick divisional winners, players of the year and games of the year.

But let’s delve a little deeper into what to expect this season in the SEC.

Here are 10 fearless predictions to live by in 2010:

1. Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson will both rush for 1,000 yards: That’s never happened at Alabama, and it’s not something that has happened very often, period, in the SEC. The gold standard in this league for teammates rushing for more than 1,000 yards in the same season was established by Arkansas’ Darren McFadden and Felix Jones in 2007. They combined for 2,943 yards. McFadden finished with 1,830 and Jones with 1,113 that season, each averaging at least 5.6 yards per carry.

2. Mississippi State will violate the great Cowbell Compromise by the first SEC game: It’s a novel concept. But you know the first time Auburn is backed up deep in that Thursday night affair, that stadium starts to rock and Cameron Newton is trying to change a play, those bells are going to clang away.

3. Vanderbilt will score 20 points or more in an SEC game: OK, I know you’re saying, ‘Way to go out on a limb there, Low.’ But keep in mind that the Commodores never scored more than 16 points last season in an SEC game and averaged just 8.9 points in eight games against league foes.

4. Jeremiah Masoli will take the bulk of the snaps this season at quarterback for Ole Miss: However, he won’t take the first snap. Look for sop re Nathan Stanley to start the opener, but for Masoli to take over by that first SEC game against Vanderbilt.

5. For the third time in the past six seasons, Tennessee will lose at least six games: There’s just too much youth and inexperience for Derek Dooley to overcome in his first season in Knoxville. The real goal will be avoiding a third losing season in the past six years. Since joining the SEC in 1933, the Vols have never had three losing seasons over a six-year span

6. The LSU threesome of Terrence Toliver, Rueben Randle and Russell Shepard will emerge as one of the most dangerous receiving triumvirates in the SEC: They combined for five touchdown catches last season. Don’t be surprised if that number triples in 2010.

7. Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett will throw 40 touchdown passes: Yep, that seems like a lot. But Mallett has the arm, the presence in the pocket and the talent at receiver and tight end to do it. Kentucky’s Andre Woodson is the only SEC quarterback to throw 40 or more touchdown passes in a season. He threw exactly 40 in 2007.

8. Georgia will win at least 10 games, the seventh time that Mark Richt has done that in 10 seasons in Athens: Granted, they judge you in this league by how many championships you win. But consistency counts for something.

9. Kentucky’s Randall Cobb will score touchdowns four different ways – running, passing, receiving and on special teams: The guy’s so versatile that he might even write a few of my stories after games this season, direct traffic off campus and then finish his night by cleaning up the stadium. He was second in the SEC to Mark Ingram with 15 touchdowns last season.

10. SEC commissioner Mike Slive will average three more hours of sleep per night with Lane Kiffin no longer in the conference: And Slive's cell phone bill will be cut in half now that he won't be making daily calls to Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton, who's probably sleeping better himself.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    where's the article about their cheater ass refs?

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    where's the article about their cheater ass refs?
    Unfortunately for you, cheating refs aren't the reason SEC teams have won the last 4 natty championships.

My Team
    Florida Gators
    Post Count
    I kinda wish the Gators were a little more under the radar (play better that way) as much as Tebow was one of my all time favorite players, Brantley is the better qb...(saw them both spring game '09...Brantley has a cannon) and hopefully now we can open the playbook instead of bubble screen right, left and qb dive...

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    Unfortunately for you, cheating refs aren't the reason SEC teams have won the last 4 natty championships.
    That's exactly why Florida beat Arkansas last season. Personal foul what?

Slike the NBA influenced the SEC big time here recently.

My Team
    Florida Gators
    Post Count
    That's exactly why Florida beat Arkansas last season. Personal foul what?

Slike the NBA influenced the SEC big time here recently.
    as a Gator fan, I couldn't agree with you more...

but I think he was referring to :01 back on the clock

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    I had huge problems with the way several games were officiated in the SEC last year. Alabama had a lot of things roll their way.

But I was referencing the fact that the eventual SEC champion never needed any help from officials to steamroll their way to national championships.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Florida looks like total A.H.

I knew Urrrrrrrban was too special and genius to drive it up the middle on fourth and inches. But that's why he's such a good coach!

Florida is mortal again.

yawn...easy game for Jawja, and without their best player. Unfortunately, I don't see UGA winning next week.

@ Ole Miss!! Jacksonville St just got a 30 yd TD pass on 4th and 15 in 2OT.

OLE MISS LOSES!!!!!!!!

JSU 2 pt conversion is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    Cam Newton is ludicrous

Auburn offense is stupendous

Auburn defense may be horrendous

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    and wow, ole miss...wow

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    Yeah Auburns defense letting Arkansas State score that much was a wowzer.. they may have the Arkansas syndrome. Score but can't stop the other team scoring.

Ole Miss was awesome. They had every recruit attending that game too.... wow...wowowow...

Arkansas gets ULM in LR Saturday, should be a blowout. Then off to Athens.

My Team
    Auburn Tigers
    Post Count
    AU win too in close... ugh

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Auburn hasn't looked as impressive as I thought they would but it's still early and they're still undefeated. I think Georgia is flying somewhat under the radar. I like there squad and I think they will show it vs South Carolina this week which will set up an interesting game vs Arky.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be overly concerned with AU only putting up 17 on Misstake. Their defense is better than average this year and they are weening a new QB and a second year offense.

Georgia is def flying under the radar. Problem is they are on their fourth QB in four years and the best reciever in the country is out for some of the biggest games of the year for the Dawgs. Especially Arkansas.

I'm looking for a 48-10 score against ULM tonight out of my Pigs.

Unfortunately, I don't see UGA winning next week.
    UGA is way too easy to predict. Totally knew that South Carolina would beat them.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count

Arkansas gets ULM in LR Saturday, should be a blowout. Then off to Athens.
    What's going on with this game? Still 7-0 in the 3rd?

Post Count
    Ollllllllllllllle Miss almost choking away another game to the mighty Tulane Green Wave.

Thread Information