Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make what more of a priority? There isn't much to "re-establish" since we haven't lost a game since Diaw and Mills joined the team. Like I said, the difference is that we're peaking and basically look unbeatable regardless of who is lacing it up, home or away. So the chemistry is there, the rotations are there, it is a matter of keeping everyone healthy and not regressing. Last year there was a lot to improve in the final 3 weeks, this year not so much.

Pop also hasn't changed the starting lineup by pulling Blair like he did near the end of the season last year. Now, one could argue he should, but he won't with two and half weeks left and after what happened last year.
    Meh, call me a pessimist but I'm not at all convinced Pop has this team on the right track, despite the win streak. I'm not convinced Blair is the answer as a starter. I'm not convinced that Bonner won't choke in the playoffs. I'm not convinced that having Neal playing point guard is a wise move. And I sure don't have faith in Pop to make the right changes should they become necessary before it's much too late in the game (like what happened last year).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will win every game they can, but Pop isn't going to coach playoff level ball with a clinched seed and risk injury. He's going to rest his starters except Manu who he has to play in the last game of the season for old times sake.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, call me a pessimist but I'm not at all convinced Pop has this team on the right track, despite the win streak. I'm not convinced Blair is the answer as a starter. I'm not convinced that Bonner won't choke in the playoffs. I'm not convinced that having Neal playing point guard is a wise move. And I sure don't have faith in Pop to make the right changes should they become necessary before it's much too late in the game (like what happened last year).
    Maybe dealing with injuries all year will make him more flexible in the playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was playing Manu against Phoenix more or less stupid in your opinion?
    I don't get why people don't get Pop's reasoning on this. Whether you accept that reason is a different thing. Pop wasn't playing that last game to beat the Bulls in the standings. He said he played the starters in the game so the team wouldn't be rusty for the playoffs. That was the whole purpose of him not playing the starters in the Lakers game and playing them in the Suns game. He felt the Suns game was closer to the playoffs so it kept the team more sharp.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get why people don't get Pop's reasoning on this. Whether you accept that reason is a different thing. Pop wasn't playing that last game to beat the Bulls in the standings. He said he played the starters in the game so the team wouldn't be rusty for the playoffs. That was the whole purpose of him not playing the starters in the Lakers game and playing them in the Suns game. He felt the Suns game was closer to the playoffs so it kept the team more sharp.
    Not sure what the difference is between "getting" his reasoning and "accepting" his reason. It basically boils down to whether or not you buy his story. I don't, because it makes no ing sense. They had three days off before the Laker game, and the Spurs had gotten pasted by LA a few weeks before. Pop just got cute ducking those big TNT matchups and it bit them in the ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bump cause I can es

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You want to sig bet they're not reaching 50 wins?

I would have lost.

wrong bout dem Spurs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You should have taken my bet. You'd have totally made an ass out of my prediction.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should have taken my bet. You'd have totally made an ass out of my prediction.
    I doubt anyone honestly thought they'd get fifty with the schedule and Pop sitting guys.

However, when Ed Harris is sitting at the end of the bench, you know it's deep.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, going 14-2 to hit 50 in the strike-shortened season was money. Too bad Stern ed us over in the WCF.

Thread Information