Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To this point, LMA, West, Green, and Diaw have been underutilized or have underperformed on offense. The only overperformer on the team so far is probably Manu -- I don't expect him to hold pace.

If even two of the first four mentioned get their head on straight and play consistently, we are going to be loaded with weapons on offense. Green is they key for the starting unit though, we really need him to spread the floor.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our offense stats and point differential are skewered by blowouts. Dont take anything from them.

Eye test tells me we have a lot to improve on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The offense may be looking slightly more refined, but it's still not explosive and that's not going to change until Green starts looking like himself and they acquire a Neal/Belinelli type fourth wing. It would also be nice if Aldridge started shooting more threes, but that's not as vital.
    I think this could actually be huge for our offense if integrated well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our offense stats and point differential are skewered by blowouts. Dont take anything from them.

Eye test tells me we have a lot to improve on
    This... we're beating up on bad teams, teams with injuries, and teams coming off backtobacks. I think the defense is real though. I think the offense is a mirage so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If even two of the first four mentioned get their head on straight and play consistently, we are going to be loaded with weapons on offense. Green is they key for the starting unit though, we really need him to spread the floor.
    That is what I have been saying concerning the Green vs. Simmons debate. No one else in the current team can do exactly what Danny does. J.Simms is similar in size to Danny but nowhere near the experienced defender that Danny is and still too foul-prone to actually be a better defensive option. Offensively, he can do some damage, specially in transition, but his game doesn't spread the floor, and actually duplicates some of what Tony does (in a less skilled fashion), and maybe some of what Kawhi does (also in a less skilled fashion)... while he's not known as a jumpshooter and certainly not the volume 3 pt shooter that Danny is.

We have been ok so far, but for the long run, we need Danny (3-D Danny, not driving Danny) back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamarcus Aldridge watch:

SPLITS GP MPG FG% RPG APG BLKPG STPG PFPG PPG
    Last 10 Games 10 28.3 .534 8.0 0.8 1.2 0.1 1.7 17.0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ we are only in December.. if he is 19/9 in the playoffs on that kind of efficiency..NBA= fcked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To this point, LMA, West, Green, and Diaw have been underutilized or have underperformed on offense. The only overperformer on the team so far is probably Manu -- I don't expect him to hold pace.

Why the not?

He's averaging 11 ppg on pretty normal shooting % for him (47 FG%, 35 3PT%, 77 FT%). As long as he doesn't get injured I don't see why he couldn't keep this going.

The ones that may regress a little are Kawhi (50 % from 3's ) and Tony (56% from the field).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the not?

He's averaging 11 ppg on pretty normal shooting % for him (47 FG%, 35 3PT%, 77 FT%). As long as he doesn't get injured I don't see why he couldn't keep this going.

The ones that may regress a little are Kawhi (50 % from 3's ) and Tony (56% from the field).
    Mostly because I don't expect him to stay 100% the entire season. Nothing against his abilities to be productive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything under 40 points + 20 assist per game is not overperforming for manu. He is basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mostly because I don't expect him to stay 100% the entire season. Nothing against his abilities to be productive.
    So basically what you're predicting is him getting injured?

Nobody stays 100% during the entire season but I don't see why he couldn't stay relatively healthy. He hasn't had a serious injury in years.

*He will now, of course, get a season ending injury next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically what you're predicting is him getting injured?

Nobody stays 100% during the entire season but I don't see why he couldn't stay relatively healthy. He hasn't had a serious injury in years.

*He will now, of course, get a season ending injury next game.
    Not seriously injured. I don't mean that. But enough to take some of the edge off. He is always riding a fine line between one of the best playmakers in NBA history and having a multi-turnover game.

I don't mean he won't be effective, either. I think he will be this season for us. But I can't get my hopes up that we'll even have a 90% Manu come post-season.

Thread Information