Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an Idiot. Mills wasn't going to play 48 minutes.

funny, how all of a sudden the same Assholes admitting they we're wrong about Kawhi are the same people coming out of a woodwork because the team lost against the second best defensive team in the league and the best team in the world.
    The Spurs gave up 35 points after going up by 22, at home.

At home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've already made my suggestion. Pop needs to run more plays. You don't need anyone to constantly freelance.
    Well call Pop and let him know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How?

Show me the last time a post-centric offense won anything.

He's a great player, top 3 individual player in the league, but you can't build an offense around him. He needs a Westbrook. This isn't 1999-2010 anymore.
    He plays exactly from the same spots Lebron operates... Lebron is the defending champ. Kawhi had a bad game, there's no excusing that.

But, Pop could've built this team with a lot more shooters if he wanted to, but he decided to "be different"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simple typo. Those fat hands of yours are just ready to pounce today so you caught it before I could edit literally a few seconds later. Big deal.

Tell us some more about how Klaynus can penetrate and dish though, fat boy.
    No one said anything about dishing, UTSA educated b3aner. The comment was he needed to be able to drive (which he can) and shoot from the perimeter off the dribble (which he can). He's not the player KL is, not even close, but he's a better scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He plays exactly from the same spots Lebron operates... Lebron is the defending champ. Kawhi had a bad game, there's no excusing that.

But, Pop could've built this team with a lot more shooters if he wanted to, but he decided to "be different"...

Kawhi isn't half the penetrator Lebron is. C'mon, son. We all love Kawhi, I know, but his game is stuck in the mid-00s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How?

Show me the last time a post-centric offense won anything.

He's a great player, top 3 individual player in the league, but you can't build an offense around him. He needs a Westbrook. This isn't 1999-2010 anymore.
    He doesn't need a westbrook. He needs a competent PG that can drive and penetrate to take the pressure of him. The Warriors were legit throwing every defender at him and he was almost always double teamed.

The current offense as constrcuted will not work against GSW if they can't find a legit drive threat. This is why I called for Parker to be a little bit more aggressive and see if he has anything left in his game.

This is also why I strongly agree with MaNu4Tres that Murray needs burn. The spurs have legit one dual threat player, Leonard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually I am a Kawhi loving Porker hater. You gotta put the hot poker in the right asshole though.
    the one game fat boy

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he had another all star on the team like a Lillard or Chris Paul to take some pressure off having to do all the play making then maybe he'd do alot better against the warriors who threw everything at him.
    Did the poopsucking mods end up closing your thread? Can't find it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi isn't half the penetrator Lebron is. C'mon, son. We all love Kawhi, I know, but his game is stuck in the mid-00s.
    Come on man, he's legitimately in the MVP conversation, you just called him a top 3 individual player in the league... you can't be that if you're not supremely good, no matter where you're shooting from. Good players have bad nights, and this Spurs team is really built around him. Even our #2 option is a post option that kinda likes to be along for the ride...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the one game fat boy
    The right asshole shows up on cue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've already made my suggestion. Pop needs to run more plays. You don't need anyone to constantly freelance.
    Coaches at most call 10 plays a game, 90% of the time the Players decided the Sets they call. Don't be obtuse.

Leonard is The best offensive player in the team by a margin of two Galactic Stars, He isn't going to see a decrease in touches specially against Big teams when Role players clearly lack the confidence to take more than 10 shots.

That's how the lineup is constructed and that's how pop has choosen the team to be constrcuted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the poopsucking mods end up closing your thread? Can't find it
    I made a thread about Pop a minute before the fourth and it got deleted after 30 seconds..It wasnt even a trash thread. It was a strategic critisizm.

I'm sure Floyd's thread was deleted in like a minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on man, he's legitimately in the MVP conversation, you just called him a top 3 individual player in the league... you can't be that if you're not supremely good, no matter where you're shooting from. Good players have bad nights, and this Spurs team is really built around him. Even our #2 option is a post option that kinda likes to be along for the ride...
    I wouldn't call Russ supremely good. He's a ty 3pt shooter, and other than his short range jumper and bowling ball down the lane attacks that get him to the line, he's not nearly the offensive threat Curry or Lebron are. Give Russ 14 shots a game and see how he does. Still, he will likely win the MVP. Doesn't defend for . Neither does Harden, 2nd in line for MVP. Being a great defender can compensate for being just pretty good on offense. Leonard is pretty good on offense. He has his nights, but he's not as prolific a scorer as Harden, Curry, Lebron or even Klay. He's just relied on and he's usually very efficient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was getting swarmed tonight with constant double teams and helping defense.

The warriors force others to beat them and they couldn't.

---------

Pop has 4 rings with Tony and Manu. He will never show them the door. As long as they want to be on the roster, he will continue to play them as major contributors. He is loyal to the detriment of the franchise with playing time and salary.

It's just ridiculous that Tony is still the starting point guard for this team, and Manu is still being used so much to facilitate the offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one said anything about dishing, UTSA educated b3aner. The comment was he needed to be able to drive (which he can) and shoot from the perimeter off the dribble (which he can). He's not the player KL is, not even close, but he's a better scorer.
    You think he's a much better offensive player. Don't sell your ty take short.

Mid brought up Harden, so I'm pretty sure Klaynus doesn't fit that mold. He's worse at penetrating than Kawhi, you moronic fat boy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no kawhi = lottery for the next 6 years!! think about that before some of you post asinine statements. We are basically playing a team that crowded the perimeter shooters and dared us to drive the ball....... only person who can effectively penetrate is ..........Kawhi Leonard!! Can't do everything people; No one person can.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made a thread about Pop a minute before the fourth and it got deleted after 30 seconds..It wasnt even a trash thread. It was a strategic critisizm.

I'm sure Floyd's thread was deleted in like a minute.
    I got pinked for making a Pop thread after Game 2 against OKC last year. Mods must be crater face's nephews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't need a westbrook. He needs a competent PG that can drive and penetrate to take the pressure of him. The Warriors were legit throwing every defender at him and he was almost always double teamed.

The current offense as constrcuted will not work against GSW if they can't find a legit drive threat. This is why I called for Parker to be a little bit more aggressive and see if he has anything left in his game.

This is also why I strongly agree with MaNu4Tres that Murray needs burn. The spurs have legit one dual threat player, Leonard.
    No. This team needs more than just a decent penetrating PG. We need an all-star level penetrating PG, who is a threat for 30 points any given night, which Kawhi fanboys would probably complain about since this hypothetical guard would be taking "touches" away.

Every top team, from GS to Boston to Houston to Cleveland (I don't care we beat them by 30. Regular season) has both elite penetration and 3 point volume shooting. We have neither, and Kawhi can't provide either. Yeah, he's a good 3 point shooter, but he takes good spot up 3s. All those teams have players that shoot the 3 off the dribble at a relatively high percentage.

I have slim, slim hope that the old adage of size kills in the post-season will come through for us, and I want it to happen because I hate the modern brand of basketball, but the writing seems to be on the wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The right asshole shows up on cue.
    ^one game fat boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was getting swarmed tonight with constant double teams and helping defense.

The warriors force others to beat them and they couldn't.

---------

Pop has 4 rings with Tony and Manu. He will never show them the door. As long as they want to be on the roster, he will continue to play them as major contributors. He is loyal to the detriment of the franchise with playing time and salary.

It's just ridiculous that Tony is still the starting point guard for this team, and Manu is still being used so much to facilitate the offense.
    Exactly.

That was pretty clear.

I have no idea why this is even an issue. The warriors treated Leonard like the best offensive player in the world and it worked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think he's a much better offensive player. Don't sell your ty take short.

Mid brought up Harden, so I'm pretty sure Klaynus doesn't fit that mild. He's worse at penetrating than Kawhi, you moronic fat boy.
    He didn't say anything about dishing. You don't get to make that argument then ignore it when you're smacked back across the border by the talon of the eagle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got pinked for making a Pop thread after Game 2 against OKC last year. Mods must be crater face's nephews
    Wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs organization run Spurstalk now. No one seems to know who the Mods and new owners are. Su ious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^one game fat boy
    That game was head to head and though Kawhi was the focal point of SA's offense, Klay wasn't the focal point of GS's offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't call Russ supremely good. He's a ty 3pt shooter, and other than his short range jumper and bowling ball down the lane attacks that get him to the line, he's not nearly the offensive threat Curry or Lebron are. Give Russ 14 shots a game and see how he does. Still, he will likely win the MVP. Doesn't defend for . Neither does Harden, 2nd in line for MVP. Being a great defender can compensate for being just pretty good on offense. Leonard is pretty good on offense. He has his nights, but he's not as prolific a scorer as Harden, Curry, Lebron or even Klay. He's just relied on and he's usually very efficient.
    Russ is a stat-padder on a non-contender, IMO. And I love Russ' motor, but I wouldn't put him at top 3 anything, despite the numbers. Kawhi is now discovering double teams, it's going to be a learning process for him, on how to affect the game when that happens. Happened to every other great player that draws them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't say anything about dishing. You don't get to make that argument then ignore it when you're smacked back across the border by the talon of the eagle.

Its called common sense. Its obvious he's talking about playmaking. Klaynus isn't better at it than Kawhi, moronic fat boy.

Thread Information