My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dabom better hope he does...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "50 year-old Manu fight his hearts out for the team one last time"

THIS from the guy who said after last Clippers game that Manu should retire?

Now it's about Kawhi, a week ago it was about Manu, about Parker, about Mills, about Gasol...Like last season it was about LMA.

Don't try to say you're a loyal fan, you're just .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope only because rehab playoffs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are they going to get to the second round? It looks like they'll be the 7th seed after losing in New Orleans. OKC plays Memphis at home, so that's a win for them, Utah and Portland can't drop below the Spurs as they'll only have 33 or 34 losses. The Spurs have to win against New Orleans if they don't want to be playing the Warriors or Rockets in round 1. They could even drop to 8th if Denver get in, I think.
    This team can beat an unhealthy Warriors team, and CP3 will get Injured in the first round for sure. All the other teams are beatable even if they are complete.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U guys are sick individuals...mad at kawhi for being injured...unbelievable...and how is he not supporting the team when he is said to always be in the building doing stuff, talking to guys, etc? I guess positive news about kawhi doesnt count bexause the narrative is more fun
    I can't speak for everyone but I'm not mad at him being injured but as a superstar in this league, he has an obligation to communicate to the fans. Can you imagine LeBron sitting out most of the year and not even giving one sit down interview. This has been handled poorly by him and his camp and there is no 2 ways about it. This league was built upon the fans and how does it help to alienate the very people that support the game that allows you to make millions. I'm not asking for him to come back and play if he's injured but this radio silence is beyond maddening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It might even be awkward since aside from Danny texting him he doesn't keep himself involved with what's going on.
    You know that Danny didn't say just "texting", he said last week that "Kawhi's in the facility, he's at the arena, he's still there, they communicate, they still talk and check up on him, he still works out with our training staff"

Where’s Woj when you need him? He’s been silent for awhile now. Guess both sides have stopped leaking stuff.
    I'd love to read some Woj about this. It would sounds like...

"When Danny Green was asked about Leonard on the bench rooting for his teammates, he said, "Sure, we support each other, Kawhi is part of us"

"Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili on Leonard "Was he on the bench? Was behind us? Do you have a pic? Yes? Oh, you're right he was there"
    Parked added "I thought it was Brandon, after all, both guys only plays on the defensive end. However, why do they let him open? Do you say he's not playing? Didn't realize until you told me that"

Woj's crazy reports

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on guys we're being far too harsh, and have to understand all of this from Leonard's point of view.

Because after the $19 million he made this year, and then the $20 million he gets next year, he only has $21 million left on this contract.
    I can totally see how he doesn't want to endanger his future real earnings by possibly getting hurt before he can cash in this summer.

/sarcasm

Anyway, the truth of the matter is at least he isn't going to take up a seat on the bench forcing one of the Spurs players who does dress to have to sit on the floor.
    There's a real positive for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't speak for everyone but I'm not mad at him being injured but as a superstar in this league, he has an obligation to communicate to the fans...Can you imagine LeBron sitting out most of the year and not even giving one sit down interview....I'm not asking for him to come back and play if he's injured but this radio silence is beyond maddening.
    If we're gonna act like he didn't give an interview saying he's injured, trying to improve, talking with Pop, being a Spur for life...

He's already spoken. It seems like no one took the time to listen to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know that Danny didn't say just "texting", he said last week that "Kawhi's in the facility, he's at the arena, he's still there, they communicate, they still talk and check up on him, he still works out with our training staff"
    He has been at the facility at times sure, when he was trying to come back in early March and before the team meeting. It has been a rare sighting. sure he's talking to the training staff bc he has to... It doesn't mean much for leadership or in support of his teammates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has been at the facility at times sure, when he was trying to come back in early March and before the team meeting. It has been a rare sighting. sure he's talking to the training staff bc he has to... It doesn't mean much for leadership or in support of his teammates.
    "In early March and before the team meeting" means...all the time he was in SA after he traveled to NYC on February.

He was in all home games until the last week he traveled to NYC again.

He was supporting his teammates all time, as Danny said in different interviews, when Kawhi wasn't in SA, he was close to them, too.

"We’re teammates, we’re family at the end of the day. We still keep in touch via text. What’s going on? How’s everything going? You know, ‘Rehabbing here, rehabbing there, feeling good."

"We all text him. We're in touch with him. He's still a very much part of this group"

This doesn't fit into the narrative of this type of threads.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So pretty much he can't win... When shown that he is actually doing the things u guys are saying he needs to do... U say he is doing it because he HAS to... I wish I had ur mind reading abilities

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only if Poop gives duncan2k5 and YGWHI two seats immediately behind him so they can continue to wipe his ass, tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're gonna act like he didn't give an interview saying he's injured, trying to improve, talking with Pop, being a Spur for life...

He's already spoken. It seems like no one took the time to listen to him.
    Let me clarify my point since it went over your head. He hasn't done enough to clarify what is going on with his injury. If he did, his own teammates wouldn't need to call a meeting to get a status report. If he did, there wouldn't be media reports of him coming back on a certain date only for it not to happen. His last presser he said he was expecting to come back soon and we're one game before the playoffs and it still hasn't happen. Imagine if Kawhi played for NY or LA, there is no way the media would allow this bs to continue and I'm not talking about the injury itself but his approach of not communicating what the is going on. I've never seen anything like it. As a fan of his and the team, it has been a real disappointment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on guys we're being far too harsh, and have to understand all of this from Leonard's point of view.

Because after the $19 million he made this year, and then the $20 million he gets next year, he only has $21 million left on this contract.
    I can totally see how he doesn't want to endanger his future real earnings by possibly getting hurt before he can cash in this summer.

/sarcasm

Anyway, the truth of the matter is at least he isn't going to take up a seat on the bench forcing one of the Spurs players who does dress to have to sit on the floor.
    There's a real positive for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess with how this has gone, it should not be expected but with how long Kawhi has been in NY no updates? No public congratulations to his teammates that without him fought and clawed their way to the playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe he went to NY to get the green light for a PO come back...
    it would have happened by now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the Spurs will draw the Warriors in the first round. And maybe Zaza will cheapshot Manu or LMA and while they're laying on the ground and the refs are distracted, Kawhi will come running out of the stands pro wrestling style, takeout Zaza and DurBeta and Donkey, and then score 35 for a win.

But somehow I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me clarify my point since it went over your head. He hasn't done enough to clarify what is going on with his injury. If he did, his own teammates wouldn't need to call a meeting to get a status report. If he did, there wouldn't be media reports of him coming back on a certain date only for it not to happen. His last presser he said he was expecting to come back soon and we're one game before the playoffs and it still hasn't happen. Imagine if Kawhi played for NY or LA, there is no way the media would allow this bs to continue and I'm not talking about the injury itself but his approach of not communicating what the is going on. I've never seen anything like it. As a fan of his and the team, it has been a real disappointment.
    Kawhi had setbacks after he said he would came back soon, Danny said it, RC said the same since one day..."his rehab hasn't been simple, and it hasn't gone in a linear fashion”

A player wants to return and his body doesn't allow him to do it. It isn't the first time this happens in the league.

Do you want that Kawhi to say this? At some point, he will do it. It's too early to talk about his injury again, when the team has playoffs games to play..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Official: Kawhi will not return for the regular season. Rule out already for NO. Shocker.

Would be nice to know how his trip to NY has gone. Has he made progress?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn’t look like he will be back to play another game with the Spurs. No update and not being near the team isn’t a good sign. Too many uncertainties that I don’t see how the Spurs would pony up a Supermax a player who uses his own training staff and leaves the team in the dark for a entire season. How much longer would he sit out after he got a supermax and had a worse injury like PG? Did he even have surgery on the injury? I understand Kawhi is quiet but he’s not even around, and much less doesn’t even trust the Spurs organization for rehab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No public congratulations to his teammates that without him fought and clawed their way to the playoffs?
    I wonder when Kawhi sent public congratulations to someone in previous years? Kawhi didn't have FB/IG, only a Tw account..He didn't tweet since 2015.

He could have called everyone to congrat but we won't know this from him, he won't make it public.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would he send public congrats in previous years when he was playing? He’s not with the team; he’s away from them in NY and one would think there would be some type of update to his progress and/or a public “great job way to fight!” Since he’s broken up about not being able to be there and so proud of his team, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no good excuse for him not being there to support his teammates during home games that I can see. Not for this long. He's supposed to be the leader of the franchise, or at least professional. Doctors' alleged mistakes, or Pops remarks, or Pau and Patty's contracts or team meetings, or desire for shoe contracts, or wanting to live in LA or "protecting himself for that next big contract" don't justify that. Even bleeping Melo when he wanted out of Denver very publicly, was still there. As I said, the only way I would forgive him is if we find out Pop has told him to stay away from the team so there would be less distractions or to protect Kawhi from abuse from irate fans in the stands who think he should be playing. Barring that, no matter the situation, he should be there.

NY to SA is what? 3 hours by direct flight? You could literally get up early and rehab with your private doctors until 3 PM and still make most home games.

As Bartleby / Kawhi said "I prefer not to."
    Last edited by BillMc; 04-10-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would he send public congrats in previous years when he was playing? He’s not with the team; he’s away from them in NY and one would think there would be some type of update to his progress and/or a public “great job way to fight!” Since he’s broken up about not being able to be there and so proud of his team, right?
    I attended a Spurs vs Hornets in game in Charlotte back in 12-13 season in which Kawhi didn't play. I think he had the same type of injury at that time. When I was at that game I was a few a rows behind court side and saw Kawhi behind the Spurs bench dressed in street clothes. I remember hearing at the time that even though he couldn't play that he wanted to be with the team. To me it's amazing how distant he is now from the Spurs. I do believe it all has to do with his POS Uncle brainwashing him to hate San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, the entire basketball world is giving SA props for making the playoffs for 21 straight years; a truly remarkable feat giving the cir stances.

Kawhi is not dumb. He knows the optics of everthing. He see’s the fans dying for the playoffs and the team, especially the older guys like Manu, giving their all to deliver the playoffs. Kawhi, even if it’s not the “norm” for him should be happy and should know that saying something publicly would go a long way to showing the fans and his teammates he’s there with them even when he’s not.

May sound trivial but that’s the way this stuff works.

Thread Information