Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The TOR pick should be only slightly better than the DET second, so it's a little disappointing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's nice -- move Eubanks, who wasn't working. That Detroit pick is nice for a 2nd rounder, but they potentially move up ten spots or so or get it next year. This is very nice for a player they could have just bought out.
    I don't thing anyone had an expectations for Eubanks. He was strategically picked up for trades like this!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The TOR pick should be only slightly better than the DET second, so it's a little disappointing.
    Nah, you move up ten picks or so for basically nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto is quietly having a decent year (30-23 currently, 6th seed in East), and this move shows they're going for it in the playoffs-- so that FRP protected 1-14 looks like it'll be real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't thing anyone had an expectations for Eubanks. He was strategically picked up for trades like this!
    I don't think so, either, but it shows clear direction with Collins coming on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, obviously this is nothing earth shattering but still nice the see the Spurs doing SOMETHING. I was gonna be pissed if all of this turned into another Carroll situation for the Spurs...paying guys off just to be nice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly for two guys that aren't in the rotation. Young was likely to get bought out and Eubanks was just there for moral support at this point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a mystery. How the did we get a FRP from Toronto?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can someone clarify? I keep seeing its a swap but then i see its protected 1-14. I assume this means if it is outside that range it would convey this year, correct? Or am i missing something regarding the swap?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think so, either, but it shows clear direction with Collins coming on.
    It was always known that Collins needed rehab when he was signed. Eubanks was that stop gap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So,the Kawhi haul stands at Keldon, 2 FRPs and the LAL SRP this year. Not ing bad.
    And Poeltl!
    At the end of the day we got a solid return on Kawhi considering how badly he crippled his trade value before we shipped him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm rooting for Thad to have a solid stint with the Raptors. They've got to make the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The player part is a wash for us, since Thad wasn’t playing and Eubanks was on his way out. So it’s a 2nd round pick for a 1st and two open roster spots. Presuming Dragic is let go. Looks fine.

Hope the roster spots go to PF types, or big SF types, or one of each. It’ll be good if they can shoot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raps pick would be #20 if the season ended today. The Spurs don't have a good recent history of picks in that range (Walker, Samanic, James Anderson from a while back) but it's still another bite at the apple.
    DJM, White and Keldon were end of 1st rounds. If they can find gems at the end of 1st round what more in the 20s. I guess just trust the Spurs scouts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So max perfect finish would be Toronto 15th pick now Spurs.

Happy for Young, gets a chance to play in playoffs and huge coaching upgrade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can someone clarify? I keep seeing its a swap but then i see its protected 1-14. I assume this means if it is outside that range it would convey this year, correct? Or am i missing something regarding the swap?
    Yes, it conveys if they’re not in the lottery this year. If they are, we get another shot next year, protected 1-13.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy

big W by the Spurs FO

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not a true swap. We are giving the Detroit 2nd rounder (currently pick #31). We are getting back this year's Toronto's 1st rounder (currently pick #20) which is 1-14 protected. If something goes wrong and they fall apart, then we'd get 2023's 1st rounder (also protected).

Currently it's a 11 spot draft increase, but the gap should be smaller if Toronto rises in the standing by the end of the season. Still, that's several extra names still left on the draft board when we select.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJM, White and Keldon were end of 1st rounds. If they can find gems at the end of 1st round what more in the 20s. I guess just trust the Spurs scouts
    These guys are good, but they aren't the kind of players that get you into the playoffs.

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto is quietly having a decent year (30-23 currently, 6th seed in East), and this move shows they're going for it in the playoffs-- so that FRP protected 1-14 looks like it'll be real.
    Real? Yes. But at the end of the day it will be only 5-6 spots ahead of the DET pick. Not excited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was buried in work and decided to take a break and peak at the board to see if I missed anything. This is great news. I hope Young gets some PT up there. Regarding the two open roster spots don't get too excited, the guys being brought in will be end of bench guys. This years draft will be a lot of fun to watch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So,the Kawhi haul stands at Keldon, 2 FRPs and the LAL SRP this year. Not ing bad.
    Technically all this for George Hill, the 26th pick in the 2008 draft!

I think the SRP is actually CHI’s SRP 2025 pick, and the LAL SRP was via the Hutchinson swap if I’m recalling correctly.

And don’t forget Jakob who may still get flipped.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Raps pick would be #20 if the season ended today. The Spurs don't have a good recent history of picks in that range (Walker, Samanic, James Anderson from a while back) but it's still another bite at the apple.
    By getting another first round pick it gives the spurs 2 chances to gamble on some young prospect that could have high potential. Also, it allows the spurs to make a low-risk high reward type of pick with a young prospect much like they did with Dejounte back in 2016.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. If draft were today (and without factoring ping pong balls), TOR pick is 20 and DET pick is 32.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real? Yes. But at the end of the day it will be only 5-6 spots ahead of the DET pick. Not excited.
    There's no way Toronto get to pick 25-26. They're more likely to end up in the play in.

As things currently stand it's a 11 positions upgrade for literally nothing. Objectively it's great work from Wright.

Thread Information