Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he is there at 9 you have to take him cause the price on Poeltl is going to go up significantly after next season. Poeltl at 9 million is ok. Poeltl at 15 million is unbearable. Spurs have an obvious hole at power forward that needs fixing...but they also are one year away from a hole at center or vastly overpaying for a center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Sharpe, Murray, or Mathurin drop down where we can pick them I don't really know who would be our pick as a lot of players have some skills but they also have warts..
    * Duren - Undersized center who has no outside shooting skills I thought that is why we never bought Nikola over?
    * Sochren - Terrible Free Throw % which is a good indicator if they can ever be a good three point shooter - Plays under the rim
    * Eason - Can not for his life go to his left at all - basketball IQ is a question
    * Daniels - Terrible 3 point shooter

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Sharpe, Murray, or Mathurin drop down where we can pick them I don't really know who would be our pick as a lot of players have some skills but they also have warts..
    * Duren - Undersized center who has no outside shooting skills I thought that is why we never bought Nikola over?
    * Sochren - Terrible Free Throw % which is a good indicator if they can ever be a good three point shooter - Plays under the rim
    * Eason - Can not for his life go to his left at all - basketball IQ is a question
    One of those three should be there at 9. I have no confidence that this current front office will take Sharpe. They seem to shy away from athleticism and potential explosive scorers. They'll take someone no one expects at 9.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Valid points, which is why I shrugged and thought - Johnny Davis, then? But, I think Dyson Daniels outside shooting started to improve. Someone is saying the same for Duren. Eason is weird in that he seems like an obvious contributor but most mock drafts have him ranked around 5-6 spots after we pick. So yeah, warts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of those guys will be available imo add in AJ griffin I think. Spurs are in a decent spot I think I do believe they need to grab the best available regardless of position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup I agree. If he's at 9 I wouldn't think twice.
    He's my choice if we can't get lucky and get one of the big 3 (Holmgren, Smith, Banchero).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he is a great choice.........young, athletic, has tons of room to grow. Especially once Pop and the Spurs team work on his footwork and shooting stroke. All upside IMHO. Best available if he is still available at 9-11.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keegan Murray is 3-4 years older than other prospects and playing nowhere near NBA athletes... both those are huge question marks regarding how he'll translate. Shaedon Sharpe hasn't proven himself at any other level than High School, and there are countless examples of top ranked HS players whose stock plummeted when they didn't perform according to expectations at a higher level. Point being every prospect has question marks, it's about figuring which are workable and which are deal breakers. I'm much closer to picking a long, smart, well rounded 18 y.o. who needs to work on his shooting, than a 22 y.o. who stands out by bullying weaker compe ion. But to each their own I guess.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's my choice if we can't get lucky and get one of the big 3 (Holmgren, Smith, Banchero).
    I wouldn't touch Holmgren. He's the biggest bust potential in the top few picks. Don't like white centers in general and add to that a skinny one, not built for the rigors of the NBA, will likely not get through an entire season without breaking down with injury. If you're picking top three need to avoid the highest bust potential.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keegan Murray is 3-4 years older than other prospects and playing nowhere near NBA athletes... both those are huge question marks regarding how he'll translate. Shaedon Sharpe hasn't proven himself at any other level than High School, and there are countless examples of top ranked HS players whose stock plummeted when they didn't perform according to expectations at a higher level. Point being every prospect has question marks, it's about figuring which are workable and which are deal breakers. I'm much closer to picking a long, smart, well rounded 18 y.o. who needs to work on his shooting, than a 22 y.o. who stands out by bullying weaker compe ion. But to each their own I guess.
    Of course Sharpe hasn't proven himself yet, he is young but look at the tape on this guy. If you have a keen eye you'll see his talent like many have. If he has proven himself already he would go 1st overall. You can get him lower than that now, a bargain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course Sharpe hasn't proven himself yet, he is young but look at the tape on this guy. If you have a keen eye you'll see his talent like many have. If he has proven himself already he would go 1st overall. You can get him lower than that now, a bargain.
    I agree. But I was responding to a post that points at question marks with certain players while ignoring huge ones on others. As for Sharpe, I would seriously consider him if he impresses in private workouts. Still a dangerous move, but the risk-reward ratio may be worth it. But not before then.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron James also came out of High school and was highly touted. You would have passed on him? You need to have a keen eye on extra special talented players and Sharpe passes for me.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo was also a reach and gamble and he didn't look anywhere near as explosive and good as Sharpe looks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron James also came out of High school and was highly touted. You would have passed on him? You need to have a keen eye on extra special talented players and Sharpe passes for me.
    No. But LeBron was a consensus no. 1 all year, and younger than Sharpe... why wasn't Sharpe considered to play this year at all in Kentucky if he was eligible as they say? The whole "we're getting him ready for next year" doesn't ring true to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo was also a reach and gamble and he didn't look anywhere near as explosive and good as Sharpe looks.
    Hey, I always said Primo was a HUGE reach... don't use that argument with me...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we fall in love with Sharpe the best thing about it is that we won't have to move up much to get him (if at all). His ceiling, pre workouts, is probably 6 to Portland. The interesting thing is Portland, Sacramento, and Nola really don't help themselves much with a HS kid. All of those would prefer a more mature ready to go player on day 1.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe, a consensus five-star recruit, graduated early from Dream City Christian School in Arizona. He enrolled at Kentucky in January following his commitment to the school in September 2021.

He left school early.

Kentucky’s initial plan was for Sharpe to enroll early in order to practice with the team to better prepare for his first full year with the program. However, after ESPN published a report in late January stating Sharpe could apply for the 2022 NBA draft, there was speculation he could play this season for the Wildcats after all. Calipari put that speculation to rest Monday.

Whenever Sharpe elects to declare for the NBA draft, he is expected to be a lottery pick.
    Last edited by rascal; 04-16-2022 at 06:01 PM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we fall in love with Sharpe the best thing about it is that we won't have to move up much to get him (if at all). His ceiling, pre workouts, is probably 6 to Portland. The interesting thing is Portland, Sacramento, and Nola really don't help themselves much with a HS kid. All of those would prefer a more mature ready to go player on day 1.
    Don't count on that. One of those teams will grab him before the spurs pick most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would suck if he doesn’t declare tbh. Pushes all the other prospects up. I still think he goes pro though and hires an agent. Would be really dumb not to if you’re a guaranteed top-10 pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe, a consensus five-star recruit, graduated early from Dream City Christian School in Arizona. He enrolled at Kentucky in January following his commitment to the school in September 2021.

He left school early.

Kentucky’s initial plan was for Sharpe to enroll early in order to practice with the team to better prepare for his first full year with the program. However, after ESPN published a report in late January stating Sharpe could apply for the 2022 NBA draft, there was speculation he could play this season for the Wildcats after all. Calipari put that speculation to rest Monday.
    Early? He's almost 19... if he's eligible and doesn't play because:
    https://twitter.com/ukcoachcalipari/...988507143?s=21
    After talking with Shaedon and his parents, we want to end all of the speculation by again saying that he will not play for us this season. He is committed to bettering himself and our team in practice this year and being better prepared to lead us next season.
    again: if he's that good, why does he need an extra preparation year than everyone else? his parents and his coach don't think he's good enough for College level basketball right now, it seems... He's almost 19, doesn't add up... unless they're counting on people going by hype, which doesn't speak well of their confidence in his abilities.

I reiterate: he seems to be a talented kid. But he is more unproven than most other guys his age, and cir stances surrounding his situation are unusual, at the very least. He may very well end up the best player in the draft, I don't dispute that. It's the fact that we're acting as if it's a given that I have a problem with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Upside is definitely there. 6’6 205 lbs with a 7’0 wingspan. Good athlete. Good looking jumper. Advanced dribble moves for an 18 year-old. He was the #1 ranked player in high school for a reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Upside is definitely there.

Yup. No one is disputing that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't count on that. One of those teams will grab him before the spurs pick most likely.
    I do expect him to go before we pick at 9 but, I'm pointing out the issues that face the 3 teams ahead of us. I personally have him 6th on my BB and I think we could move up to 6 fairly easily if we choose to pick him up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only problem is that he plays below the rim more often than he should with his size and athleticism. He's got quick ups too, so he ought to have that desire to jam it down. I like him but I just want to see more killer instinct offensively to match the defensive tenacity.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do expect him to go before we pick at 9 but, I'm pointing out the issues that face the 3 teams ahead of us. I personally have him 6th on my BB and I think we could move up to 6 fairly easily if we choose to pick him up.
    It would be unSpurs like to move up a few spots and grab him. They tend to pass on the super athletic types.

I thought the Spurs should have targeted Mikael Bridges a couple years ago as I saw him as a great two way player but there was no word they were even interested in him.
    Went 10th in the draft that year then Philly traded him to Phoenix for a lower pick. He is a big part of Phoenix's turnaround. Thought the spurs could have made a move to get him if they wanted to.

Thread Information