My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    long thread

really hope we get him locked up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep saying he can be a legit 2nd option, but somehow spurstalk thinks our roster is garbage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin isn't going anywhere. Dude will get paid by sa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep saying he can be a legit 2nd option, but somehow spurstalk thinks our roster is garbage
    Lol seriously.

Vassell is the reason there's no interest in Herro. I mean, other than culture fit, no defense, etc. We've got our shooting guard.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol seriously.

Vassell is the reason there's no interest in Herro. I mean, other than culture fit, no defense, etc. We've got our shooting guard.
    Yes. Vassell is likely to take a second leap if the team stays relatively healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol seriously.

Look into some of these other threads and you‘ll see plenty people thinking we‘re worse than the Utah Jazz. Also there are enough people here who want Herro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol seriously.

vassell has bulked up over the years and has good enough length to play the 3 if they really wanted him to

i think herro and vassell could easily co-exist if they wanted to bring him over. but i havent really seen any indication the spurs have interest

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    long thread

really hope we get him locked up

Not saying this Twitter dude is influential or anything, but I always chuckle when these types of “articles” come out when a player is in contract negotiations.

That said, I love Vassell and have high hopes for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying this Twitter dude is influential or anything, but I always chuckle when these types of “articles” come out when a player is in contract negotiations.

That said, I love Vassell and have high hopes for him.
    this twitter dude has about 1000 followers, so no influence.

and his most recent thread is about andrew nembhard, who is going into his 2nd season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also reason why I see more than 30 wins next year... Some guys are gonna take leaps (Devin, Malaki, Keldon, Champagnie, Barlow..), specially with Wemby around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Herro is better than Vassell, but I'm ready to be wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Herro is better than Vassell, but I'm ready to be wrong.
    herro has been the better player thus far. more proven, and has had good playoff moments too. herro is a legit flamethrower SG. volume scorer with efficient outside shooting and reasonable playmaking.

vassell seems to have more room for growth because of his defensive upside, better length/strength which allow him to be a better iso scorer as well. vassell is coming off a lousy year on defense though, he has to make sure that he bounces back on that end. his increased skill offensively was very obvious last year, but it cant come at the expense of defensive effort. maybe having a rim protector like wemby motivates him

herro's contract is 4/140 which he signed a year ago. i dont think anybody expects vassell to average 35 mil per year on this next deal... unless he decides to forego an extension and have a career year, setting himself up for restricted free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    herro has been the better player thus far. more proven, and has had good playoff moments too. herro is a legit flamethrower SG. volume scorer with efficient outside shooting and reasonable playmaking.

vassell seems to have more room for growth because of his defensive upside, better length/strength which allow him to be a better iso scorer as well. vassell is coming off a lousy year on defense though, he has to make sure that he bounces back on that end. his increased skill offensively was very obvious last year, but it cant come at the expense of defensive effort. maybe having a rim protector like wemby motivates him

herro's contract is 4/140 which he signed a year ago. i dont think anybody expects vassell to average 35 mil per year on this next deal... unless he decides to forego an extension and have a career year, setting himself up for restricted free agency
    Hero’s contract is 4/$120M, not 4/$140M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/spurs_latam/stat...bHLEjAFoqhTLiw

Vassell working with KD will be huge.

(I can’t figure to include the twitter images )
    Last edited by John B; 07-29-2023 at 12:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes, if one wants to be an elite #2 player, a Beta to someone else’s Alpha, there is no better tutor than Kevin Durant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just embed the tweet, as below, but remove the spaces.

[ tweet ] big long number string from tweet URL [ / tweet ]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, if one wants to be an elite #2 player, a Beta to someone else’s Alpha, there is no better tutor than Kevin Durant.
    Isn’t that kind of what player type we need to pair with Wemby?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t that kind of what player type we need to pair with Wemby?
    Yes! And whether it’s deferring to Russell Westbrook, gravy-training off Steph Curry, laying back in favor of Kyrie Irving, or playing Robin to Devin Booker’s Batman, nobody has filled that role with as much talented aplomb as Kevin Durant. He’s maybe the greatest second fiddle of all time, greater even than Scottie Pippen.

I’d advise Devin not to start creating burner accounts on social media to argue on his own behalf, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just embed the tweet, as below, but remove the spaces.

[ tweet ] big long number string from tweet URL [ / tweet ]

What I see on these pictures is Devin under tutelage of one of the top scorers the league have seen. Devin is already a fine scorer, but to get that extra ump, that All-Star vibe, the goto guy, to demand the ball more and feel the weight of winning on his shoulders, Mamba mentality or whatever it may be.

I predicted last year would be a MIP. But the injury happened and the “tanking” happened. He jumped from averaging 12 pts the previous year to 18 pts (I was expecting more). I think he would average mid 20’s and will elected to AS. His stats will be higher. I just don’t know if they would be dramatic to warrant an MIP bid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw the video on IG. Looks like Devin is adding a little bit of muscle too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I see on these pictures is Devin under tutelage of one of the top scorers the league have seen. Devin is already a fine scorer, but to get that extra ump, that All-Star vibe, the goto guy, to demand the ball more and feel the weight of winning on his shoulders, Mamba mentality or whatever it may be.

I predicted last year would be a MIP. But the injury happened and the “tanking” happened. He jumped from averaging 12 pts the previous year to 18 pts (I was expecting more). I think he would average mid 20’s and will elected to AS. His stats will be higher. I just don’t know if they would be dramatic to warrant an MIP bid.
    I think the only Spurs elected to an AS team were Tim, David, and Ice. IIRC, Sean, Manu, and Tony were coaches choices. It’s a popularity contest, and we’re not that popular. It’ll be a huge uphill battle for anyone other than Wemby to be elected. Not saying we won’t have other All Stars, but they’ll likely be coaches choices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are going to have to win to get multiple players in other than wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin will gain the ability to bat the ball back in bounds while clearly being about six feet out of bounds and not have the referee, staring right at him, not do a damn thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm excited to see Devin's development this year. The expectation is shifting from tanking, to winning, and with that I think we'll see winners step up and I think Devin is that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Josh Hart is signing for 4 years / $81M, there is no chance Vassell goes less than 4 years/$100M.

Thread Information