Page 38 of 238 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    whoever you asses are signing, just let em know that September 14th, 2013 is the day they might wanna have Mack Brown coddle their scrots a lil more than he usually does. Maybe Vince Young will even give them a free lap dance.
    lol snead
    lol colts
    lol ole piss
    lol got

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from JUCO OL Desmond Harrison (OrangeBloods):

"It was good. We were just making sure I'm on track, getting ready to head out there and be ready to play,"
    Harrison said. "He was just checking with me with my grades and school. Everything's going really well."

"(Searels) was saying he wants to get me out there ready to play, learn the system. He's just ready to get me out there and work out with the guys."

"They want me out there late May, early June, just depending on when I finish school,"
    Harrison said. "I've got a nice load of classes on me, so I just have to finish strong."

"It's been going good. I've been getting stronger, looking over my things and working on fundamentals. I do ladders, position drills, things like that,"
    Harrison said.

"It was tough all the way down to the end. I pretty much decided almost the day of (the announcement)," Harrison said. "Oklahoma, that would have been a nice spot for me. They have a winning tradition. But it came down to the opportunity to play back in my state, just going out there and competing every day with some of best guys in the country, just playing for UT and that tradition, playing with coach Mack Brown."

"I'm really excited about getting there. They were looking good. I'm just ready to add what I have to the puzzle, then go from there,"
    Harrison said. "I play fast and physical. I'm going to bring that fire to the O-line. I know I'm going to have to come in and learn but I'm going to to play fast and physical."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 DT Daylon Mack leaves College Station with a clear #1 (24/7):

“I went there over (College Station) the weekend to check out their spring game,” Mack said. “The visit went great. I really enjoyed going down to visit them.”

“I came very close to committing right then,” he explained. “The only reason I didn’t do it was because my parents felt it was going to be too soon. But now there’s no doubt that Texas A&M is my clear cut leader. They’re my true number one.”

“Texas is my number two school now,” Mack told Hookem.com. “They’re my second choice. I couldn’t really tell you what they would have to do to get back ahead of Texas A&M at this point. It would take a lot and I’m not sure what they could even do.”

“Don’t get me wrong, Texas is a great school. I feel that if Texas A&M wouldn’t have been in the SEC, then Texas would have been my top choice. Playing in the SEC is a really big deal for me and Texas can’t beat that. I also liked the fact that Texas A&M was the first school to offer me and they showed me they truly wanted me from early on. Not that Texas didn’t, but Texas A&M was the very first, so that’s special to me,” said Mack.

“I don’t know when exactly a decision will be made, but I feel like it will be pretty soon,” he said.

“I’ll still be paying attention to the Longhorns,” admitted Mack. “You never know what will happen, but my main focus will be on Texas A&M.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2015 DT Daylon Mack leaves College Station with a clear #1 (24/7):

“I went there over (College Station) the weekend to check out their spring game,” Mack said. “The visit went great. I really enjoyed going down to visit them.”

“I came very close to committing right then,” he explained. “The only reason I didn’t do it was because my parents felt it was going to be too soon. But now there’s no doubt that Texas A&M is my clear cut leader. They’re my true number one.”

“Texas is my number two school now,” Mack told Hookem.com. “They’re my second choice. I couldn’t really tell you what they would have to do to get back ahead of Texas A&M at this point. It would take a lot and I’m not sure what they could even do.”

“Don’t get me wrong, Texas is a great school. I feel that if Texas A&M wouldn’t have been in the SEC, then Texas would have been my top choice. Playing in the SEC is a really big deal for me and Texas can’t beat that. I also liked the fact that Texas A&M was the first school to offer me and they showed me they truly wanted me from early on. Not that Texas didn’t, but Texas A&M was the very first, so that’s special to me,” said Mack.

“I don’t know when exactly a decision will be made, but I feel like it will be pretty soon,” he said.

“I’ll still be paying attention to the Longhorns,” admitted Mack. “You never know what will happen, but my main focus will be on Texas A&M.”
    This is officially the first time I have felt that the SEC thing has given A&M an advantage. Even with guys like Scott, I didn't see it as an advantage since they were aggsy leans even before their first season in the SEC.

Still it comes down to one thing. Who will win championships and play in big games. Aggsy will play in two big games this year, but that is one more than Texas plays in.

Texas needs real change, and I don't know when it is coming.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some videos from the NFTC in Dallas:

WR Lorenzo Joe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1htL0ONNb8

S John Bonney
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gVMZBPW4gc

WR K.D. Cannon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9BVcdMgxws

'15 S Deionte Thompson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLcdIrAS8tk

S Jamal Adams
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Nf8aZ-7v4

CB Arrion Springs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR6D9NgKM_U

'15 WR Damarkus Lodge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_gcIHp8_UE

CB Tony Brown
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIgVywtMPlg

'15 CB Jalen Campbell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XezO5oku8zc

1-on-1's with linemen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIGIQc-1w9E
    1:01 '15 DT Duvonta Lampkin
    1:24 '15 DT Bryce English (against OL Camp MVP)
    1:48 OL Demetrius Knox
    2:02 '15 DT Duvonta Lampkin
    2:14 '15 DT Duvonta Lampkin
    2:25 DE Victor Evans (against A&M commitment Kealvin Davis)
    2:41 DT Trey Lealaimatafao
    2:55 DT Trey Lealaimatafao (against OL Camp MVP)
    3:06 DE Solomon Thomas (DL Camp MVP)

1-on-1's with linemen part 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtPbePZtp3M
    0:26 DT Trey Lealaimatafao
    0:33 DT Trey Lealaimatafao
    0:52 '15 DT Duvonta Lampkin
    1:54 DE Victor Evans (against A&M commitment Kealvin Davis)

1-on-1's with RB and LB's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRd00QJVuiw
    0:14 RB Treyvon Hughes (a guy Texas recruits as a linebacker)
    0:37 S/LB Edwin Freeman
    1:27 S/LB Edwin Freeman
    1:34 RB Treyvon Hughes
    Last edited by Bloeddyr10; 04-16-2013 at 12:05 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting those, Bloeddyr. Totally forgot about them.

Joe sure is impressive considering he plays QB full time for Abilene Cooper. Really like him and Bernard.

Adams is just a beast. Texas lands him and D. Johnson and that secondary class is set.
    Last edited by TFloss32; 04-16-2013 at 12:33 PM.

My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    lol snead
    lol colts
    lol ole piss
    lol got
    sup stretch you gonna leave us hangin brah?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is officially the first time I have felt that the SEC thing has given A&M an advantage. Even with guys like Scott, I didn't see it as an advantage since they were aggsy leans even before their first season in the SEC.
    No conference is marketed more efficiently than the SEC and A&M is selling that very well right now along with riding Manziel's Heisman momentum.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two more stops by Texas today...

-Giles will see CB/S John Bonney according to OrangeBloods.

-someone (likely Chambers) will be by Dallas Skyline to check on all of their prospects, per 24/7.

My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    sup stretch you gonna leave us hangin brah?
    lol DHB
    lol 4.3
    lol colt

My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    one of our scros said to log in fb tbh

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting those, Bloeddyr. Totally forgot about them.

Joe sure is impressive considering he plays QB full time for Abilene Cooper. Really like him and Bernard.

Adams is just a beast. Texas lands him and D. Johnson and that secondary class is set.
    Joe is, indeed, very impressive. But Duvonta Lampkin was probably the guy who surprised me the most. I haven't seen Daylon Mack in action, but if he's really that much better than the rest of the DT's in the state. Then Mack has to be a beast, considering Lampkin looked extremely good in those clips.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is officially the first time I have felt that the SEC thing has given A&M an advantage.

Texas has not been relevant on a national scale for 3 years now. Yes the SEC helps A&M but ultimately if Texas was a top 10 team with shot at national le that factor would be severely negated. The reality is recruits want exposure and they aren't getting it on national stage at Texas.

To back up that point, if A&M was in SEC but lost all their conf games would people care what conference they were in? The reality is they are recruiting well b/c they won games, not simply being in SEC.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A couple of quotes from RB Joe Mixon of Oakley, CA. A Rivals national reporter thinks Texas will receive a lot of consideration, but obviously nothing to get worked up over for right now:

"They (Texas) came and I was like that was a surprise," Mixon said. "They said I'm one of their top guys."

"They said they are very interested in me,"
    Mixon said. "They just wanted to know if I was interested in them and they said they'll be back next week or in May."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Turns out the news that 24/7 was hinting at in regards to CB Darrion Johnson wasn't positive. He's basically been told he can no longer participate in the athletics program at Brenham and his family has withdrawn him from school. No word yet where he'll end up. He's clearly still having some behavioral issues.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    A&M signee, QB Kohl Stewart, invited to MLB Draft:

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....lb-draft.html/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He would be crazy to play football over baseball, if he sucks he can come back to football, but the opportunity to make easy millions right now cannot be ignored.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    stewart was always considered one who would go the rout of baseball first. a&m is his security blanket. davis showed me some flashes at the backup spot at the maroon-white game and we have the southlake carrol recruit coming in so it really is not a bad scenario at all should stewart go the rout of baseball first.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    All reports indicating that Texas will back away from the recruitment of Darrion Johnson.

Post Count
    All reports indicating that Texas will back away from the recruitment of Darrion Johnson.
    Ah... why?

Post Count
    Nevermind... I read why. a weak...

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    why? I don't have a subscription anywhere but it seems like no one is actually giving details.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That's too bad for both Darrion and Texas. One of my favorite players in this class. He could be
    a of a player if he takes care of his reported off field / maturity issues...best of luck to the kid.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas has hired Riley Dodge for an offensive quality control position. Some of you may remember he was originally committed to Texas before he ultimately decided to play for his father at North Texas. He was a grad assistant for A&M this past season and a state champion at Southlake Carroll.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Akina and Searels were at West Orange-Stark to see 2015 S Deionte Thompson yesterday, per 24/7.

Also, Porter was at Fort Bend Marshall to see 2015 QB/ATH JW Ketchum and 2015 CB Kendall Sheffield.

Thread Information