Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At relying on counting stats without context in '24.

Sochan and Johnson average significantly more mpg than Collins and Mamukelashvili, so naturally they're going to average higher rpg.

Look at rebound % or rate and it's unsurprisingly a different story. Mamukealshvili = 17.6, Collins = 13.1., Sochan = 11.7, Johnson = 10.
    Thanks for making the point of Spurs needing a dependable center (from draft or trade) to help Wemby.

Pops did not give Collins/Mamu more minutes for a reason.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle or Dillingham with pick #4 and Zach Edey at pick #8. Wemby is considered an Alien and is not just a Center, he's all positions integrated into 1. His position should be called a Utility Player. You can start Edey in the same lineup with Wemby.

Jones, Castle
    Vassell, Branham
    Wemby, Keldon
    Sochan, Mamu, Barlow
    Edey, Collins

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve said it before, castle is a pg and will shock most of you who really don’t know this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle or Dillingham with pick #4 and Zach Edey at pick #8. Wemby is considered an Alien and is not just a Center, he's all positions integrated into 1. His position should be called a Utility Player. You can start Edey in the same lineup with Wemby.

Jones, Castle
    Vassell, Branham
    Wemby, Keldon
    Sochan, Mamu, Barlow
    Edey, Collins
    Only if you want Wemby to be nothing but a jump shooter. Edey’s man would automatically be an effective double team on any drives. Wemby would lack room to operate like he did paired with a C this year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey can camp out at the corner 3 spots and open up the lane for Wemby on a lot of occasions. Edey has touch on his shot, as he proved at the combine, and can get better from the corner 3 with time. Just imagine the high/low game between Wemby and Edey. One of the two, at the top of the key, lobbing the ball to the other in the post could be almost unstoppable, considering both players height.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twin towers worked fine before.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey can camp out at the corner 3 spots and open up the lane for Wemby on a lot of occasions. Edey has touch on his shot, as he proved at the combine, and can get better from the corner 3 with time. Just imagine the high/low game between Wemby and Edey. One of the two, at the top of the key, lobbing the ball to the other in the post could be almost unstoppable, considering both players height.
    I agree that Edey may have much better 3 PT shooting than people expect because he has nice touch and there was no need for him to be anything but an inside monster. The typical Spurs Talk poster thinks we need to play exactly like every other team (aside from MN). Really!?! Play just like every other run of the mill half ass 2020s NBA team. GTFO!!!

The second counter argument may be even weaker. He goes in the 15-30 range therefore we cant draft him. Real chicken stuff, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there’s the high low game then he won’t be camping at the corner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Kelden and a second rounder for like a #12 pick and a possible trash to treasure role player. Eddy will be there at 12.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade Kelden and a second rounder for like a #12 pick and a possible trash to treasure role player. Eddy will be there at 12.
    Dammit you stole my idea!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor can play the pg, why not?
    Yeah, Sochan can give him veteran mentoring to learn the position

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle or Dillingham at #4 depending on which one is available because I see Houston selecting one of the 2 with their 3rd pick.

Edey at #8 to help Wemby from having to always be responsible for gaurding the likes of Embid, Jokic, and other girthy physical big men down in the paint. Collins and Bassey is not going to cut it moving forward and by drafting Edey, that's one less big body Wemby would have to endure.

The Spurs could have multiple 1st round picks next year where they could focus on wing players in a much deeper draft class

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle or Dillingham at #4 depending on which one is available because I see Houston selecting one of the 2 with their 3rd pick.

Edey at #8 to help Wemby from having to always be responsible for gaurding the likes of Embid, Jokic, and other girthy physical big men down in the paint. Collins and Bassey is not going to cut it moving forward and by drafting Edey, that's one less big body Wemby would have to endure.

The Spurs could have multiple 1st round picks next year where they could focus on wing players in a much deeper draft class
    Agree also if with 4 i would prefer the best available of Castle, Risacher, Buzelis, Holland, Sheppard, Dilly, Topic...it all depends on how they are considered by our scouts and FO...(im not a Dilly fan just because he looks to me too small and skinny and not a defensive oriented guy). But Edey is the only one with peculiar skills and a body you really cant teach...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zack Edey to the Spurs: Genius Move or Career Suicide?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-GX3ujwWmc
    Last edited by shaq_h8ter; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:16 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zack Edey to the Spurs: Genius Move or Career Suicide?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-GX3ujwWmc
    Just watched it, the guy tried to justify his draft by saying "Spurs don't need a PG, they already have Tre Jones..."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just watched it, the guy tried to justify his draft by saying "Spurs don't need a PG, they already have Tre Jones..."
    But you know Edey is looking mighty fine in that Spurs uni!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah!!!
    He'll look even better when dunking on scrubs and blocking shots into the upper deck!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah!!!
    He'll look even better when dunking on scrubs and blocking shots into the upper deck!
    It'd be like having King Kong and Godzilla on the same team!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be like having King Kong and Godzilla on the same team!
    Or Victor "Fantasic" and Zach "the Hulk" Edey!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We definitely need a defensive Big, I don't have a solid opinion on Edey but watching Gobert strugling on the perimeter makes me wonder if he's the type of guy we need in 2024

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We definitely need a defensive Big, I don't have a solid opinion on Edey but watching Gobert strugling on the perimeter makes me wonder if he's the type of guy we need in 2024
    I saw enough. I’d say his floor is Brook Lopez and that’s being more than generous to Lopez. No way Edey doesn’t rebound much better than him. He can play 40 minutes per night if needed and anchor the second unit, punishing teams inside at will. Great touch, combine shooting suggests there is potential for 3 PT shooting though that was not needed in college.

As far as chasing on the perimeter, I’d like his odds better than Clingan as he showed better at the combine on agility drills. Fit/strategy with Wemby is the only plausible reason I see not to snag Edey.

Contrary to the thread le, I’ve not been suggesting a 4 or 8 pick for him. But 8 is not ludicrous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing I'd say about Edey is he has not struck me as a player to give up or go soft.
    Also in a playoff situation, the play becomes much like a half-court ball, where it is one team's defense against the other's offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes I find myself on team Edey just so Zach "Steph" Collins s off

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes I find myself on team Edey just so Zach "Steph" Collins s off
    That's the main, if not only reason we're even talking about him

Thread Information