Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More PT for Whitmore and Thompson. Probably a positive development for the Rockets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/o...320168/page-20

Nah I take Amen all day everyday, swear to God if Spurs offered me Wemby for Amen straight up I'd still take Amen . Amen is as much of a unicorn at the pg spot as Wemby at the PF spot, except he doesn't come with injury concerns. Wemby is 7'3 so what? Amen is 6'7 pg with top 5% athleticism. Just look at that photo of Amen vs Scoot tell me Amen is a poor consolation prize lmao.

It's dumb to pray for a rookie before he is even eligible, so many things can change over the years. That's like saying you spent years praying for Emoni Bates.

Calling Wemby a multidecade talent is premature to me, just exaggeration and over hype. He didn't even dominate SL in a way that showed he was a multi generational talent, he ain't even a lock for ROY lmao. He played good but even his last game 20/5 is really good but doesn't scream he is a multi decade talent...thats just Paolo Banchero territory.

A multi generational talent to me is Shaq, Lebron, Tim Duncan, Hakeem. These guys made an instant impact and immediately made their team relevant after being total dumpsters the year before. What the expectation for Wemby? Will he make the Spurs a 0.500 team this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/o...320168/page-20 [FONT="]

Nah I take Amen all day everyday, swear to God if Spurs offered me Wemby for Amen straight up I'd still take Amen . Amen is as much of a unicorn at the pg spot as Wemby at the PF spot, except he doesn't come with injury concerns. Wemby is 7'3 so what? Amen is 6'7 pg with top 5% athleticism. Just look at that photo of Amen vs Scoot tell me Amen is a poor consolation prize lmao.[/FONT]

[FONT="]It's dumb to pray for a rookie before he is even eligible, so many things can change over the years. That's like saying you spent years praying for Emoni Bates.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Calling Wemby a multidecade talent is premature to me, just exaggeration and over hype. He didn't even dominate SL in a way that showed he was a multi generational talent, he ain't even a lock for ROY lmao. He played good but even his last game 20/5 is really good but doesn't scream he is a multi decade talent...thats just Paolo Banchero territory.[/FONT]

A multi generational talent to me is Shaq, Lebron, Tim Duncan, Hakeem. These guys made an instant impact and immediately made their team relevant after being total dumpsters the year before. What the expectation for Wemby? Will he make the Spurs a 0.500 team this year?
    Bubba Gump trying SO hard to convince himself…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nah I take Amen all day everyday, swear to God if Spurs offered me Wemby for Amen straight up I'd still take Amen . Amen is as much of a unicorn at the pg spot as Wemby at the PF spot, except he doesn't come with injury concerns. Wemby is 7'3 so what? Amen is 6'7 pg with top 5% athleticism. Just look at that photo of Amen vs Scoot tell me Amen is a poor consolation prize lmao.

It's dumb to pray for a rookie before he is even eligible, so many things can change over the years. That's like saying you spent years praying for Emoni Bates.

Calling Wemby a multidecade talent is premature to me, just exaggeration and over hype. He didn't even dominate SL in a way that showed he was a multi generational talent, he ain't even a lock for ROY lmao. He played good but even his last game 20/5 is really good but doesn't scream he is a multi decade talent...thats just Paolo Banchero territory.

this will go down as one of the dumbest takes ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually really liked Houston's draft, and I think Thompson, Wallace, Eason and Smith are a good foundation which hopefully Green can supplement. In that same way I like Chet a whole lot and would've been perfectly happy had the Spurs had a chance to draft him last year. Don't get me wrong -- it's pretty clear that Wemby has a case for being the best young core in the league by himself. He is superlative. But there will be other stars, and other teams that find ways to win les with the guys they drafted. None of the rookies have given me any reason to not want them to succeed yet. In the very least, it would be nice to have some good free agents and trade targets to put around Wemby when the time is right.

But yes, I read that thread yesterday actually. Some Rockets fans are super salty, and it is funny. They should take their three top-four picks and be happy instead of staying mired in the past.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bubba Gump trying SO hard to convince himself…
    And it's one dude. The other Rockettes fans can see how good Vic the Stick is. Even they know. at the dude who says he's awesome but boring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOLCKETS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually really liked Houston's draft, and I think Thompson, Wallace, Eason and Smith are a good foundation which hopefully Green can supplement. In that same way I like Chet a whole lot and would've been perfectly happy had the Spurs had a chance to draft him last year. Don't get me wrong -- it's pretty clear that Wemby has a case for being the best young core in the league by himself. He is superlative. But there will be other stars, and other teams that find ways to win les with the guys they drafted. None of the rookies have given me any reason to not want them to succeed yet. In the very least, it would be nice to have some good free agents and trade targets to put around Wemby when the time is right.

But yes, I read that thread yesterday actually. Some Rockets fans are super salty, and it is funny. They should take their three top-four picks and be happy instead of staying mired in the past.
    Who is Wallace?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you okay now? Just let it all out. Just bad weed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whitmore, sorry. As someone who didn't care about the prospects all that much, those two guys sort of flowed together in my head.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ def agree that Rockets have lots of great pieces. They probably need to consolidate a few to give playing time to folks though. They probably helped themselves by waiving that nut job pg they had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scrolling the Rockets boards for fun, and the current stage of grief is somewhere between bargaining and denial. They are literally over there convincing themselves that Sengun will be better than Wemby.
    Bump

Awesome stat line by Sengun tonight.

I should fess up and say I do like him- he's got flaws (lack of athleticism) but definitely has useful skills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump

Awesome stat line by Sengun tonight.

I should fess up and say I do like him- he's got flaws (lack of athleticism) but definitely has useful skills
    Sengun is a nice player. The Rockets suffer from a shortage of playmakers. They blunted FVV on Monday and targeted Sengun both games, running a second defender at him pretty hard. They'll get Jalen Green back who should help. Since Sengun struggled with the hard defense, their offensive routines suffered. Zach is also much better right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ problem with Sengun is he gives it all back on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ problem with Sengun is he gives it all back on defense.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's why he slipped in the draft. Not only unathletic, but undersized. You can usually get away with one of those and be a neutral defender, but not both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston should be able to hide Sengun a bit with their length. They're going to struggle against teams with productive bigs and... lookee... the Spurs are one of those teams now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Zach killed Jabari even worse than he did Sengun, who semi-had a chance. Smith didn't have a chance down low against those shoulders and baby hooks. And he was picked 10 spots higher than Sengun and is supposedly a good defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought Zach killed Jabari even worse than he did Sengun, who semi-had a chance. Smith didn't have a chance down low against those shoulders and baby hooks. And he was picked 10 spots higher than Sengun and is supposedly a good defender.
    After last night, I have spurs as the better team this season. That HOU squad is full of more or less developed prospects who do'nt seem to make a coherent team, starting by Amen and Cam who are still very raw.

Post Count
    lol Astros

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets are young and going to make mistakes. They're long and cause the Spurs trouble, who were relying too much on jacking shots last night. Sengun is a sweet player and took it to Collins after a rough two preseason games. Still maintain FVV and Brooks were good pickups despite being very expensive. I changed my mind on that; without them, I'm not sure they'd win eight games.

Green is still an uncertainty to me. He's a pure scorer, when he's on, but disappears without touches. Jabari still seems like a very expensive 3-and-D guy. Whitmore has fallen out of the rotation for a reason and Amen Thompson will take a while but has promise. Best move was picking up Udoka, who will provide accountability and consistency, although I feel they'll depend too much on Van Vleet and Sengun to get the team running.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG, that needed circus music. THIS is why I laugh at people who say the Rockets will be better than us. Offense is only half of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OMG, that needed circus music. THIS is why I laugh at people who say the Rockets will be better than us. Offense is only half of the game.
    We had some ing idiotic defensive possessions, too. We just bent over and gave them two drives to the basket in late OT, for example. Both teams are young and developing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston have a future star in Segun, and Green as a solid piece, now their mid term future will depend on how Amen and Cam develop. But I really like Segun and Green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston have a future star in Segun, and Green as a solid piece, now their mid term future will depend on how Amen and Cam develop. But I really like Segun and Green.
    Sengun is a rugged physical skilled post player, but his defense is dog , and in spite of a pretty shot, not a great 3 point threat, or more than a passable FT shooter. He’s a dinosaur in today’s game and has no star potential.

Thread Information