My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rivals has released their first Top 100 for 2014:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...Xgu5ZPz_VGPZB4

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from LB Dillon Bates of Ponte Vedra, FL after receiving a Texas offer (OrangeBloods):

"I was kind of getting Facebook messages from coach Diaz and coach Brown. Then I just got off the phone with coach Brown a few minutes ago," Bates said on Sunday afternoon. "They offered me this morning so it's been an exciting day."

"Mack Brown had asked me to call him. He had to do some junior day stuff, but I called back (Sunday) afternoon. We were just talking about their recruiting class this year, how they didn't take many defensive players knowing they had so many returning starters."

"He said he's excited about my class, the players from Texas and some players from out of state, which they rarely go to. So that's exciting that they see me out of state and want to come get me. It's very humbling."

"Growing up in Texas, watching Texas and there would be a Longhorn every place you go to. That always puts Texas a little higher than most others,"
    Bates said. "I'm looking forward to getting to Texas, seeing the campus, meeting the players and coaches. That's the next step."

"My parents always tell me go wherever I feel comfortable. I have family in Tennessee and my dad went there. But I'm going to go where I feel most comfortable, what fits me,"
    Bates said. "The ultimate decision for me is where I can fit in for four or five years. I'm not locked into Tennessee like people think."

"I was kind of thinking I sort of did (want to cut his list), but other schools keep offering like UCLA, USC is about to, Florida is coming in. That made it a whole lot more confusing. This is a once in a lifetime experience, so I'm just enjoying it,"
    Bates said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quotes from RB Donald Catalon after attending Texas' Junior Day (24/7):

“He (Mack Brown) made it clear to us that he didn’t want us to look around,” explained Catalon. “After talking it out, I’m not going to take visits anywhere. Texas has my back, so I have theirs. The only visits I’m taking now are to the spring practices and the spring game in Austin.”

“It made me want to be a Longhorn even more than before,” Catalon said. “I’m definitely going to Texas. I’m 100-percent committed and 100-percent sure that Texas is the place for me. I’m looking forward to my future there.”

“He (Larry Porter) was a very nice guy,” said Catalon. “All the coaches were nice, but I really liked him. It was great getting to finally meet him. I like him a lot actually. To me it really stood out how just about every starting running back he’s coached has went on to be successful in the NFL. That stood out big time really. I really liked learning how much success he’s had in the past.”

“Getting to know those guys (the other commitments) was great,”
    Catalon told Hookem.com. “We all really hit it off. It makes me excited about our future.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on WR Lorenzo Joe after Sunday's visit to Austin (24/7):

“The whole thing went really good,” said Joe. “It was just a lot of fun. I had a blast getting to hang out with those guys (the other commitments). We all talk through text or online or whatever, but none of us has really had the chance to hang out since we all committed last season. So today gave us that chance. It really felt like we’ve all known each other for a while. We all hit it off really well and I feel like we already have some team chemistry going.”

“I didn’t get to do as much (recruiting) as I planned on,” he explained. “I did get to do some, though, so that was good. I talked with the newest commit, Cam (Hampton) from Dallas (Carter). We talked a little. I talked with Solomon Thomas some and told him it was good to finally meet him and just bragged on Texas to him. I also had a chance to talk to John (Bonney), who Texas offered. I told him he would do big things at Texas and that he should just go ahead and commit. I feel good about that one for sure.”

“I’m very excited about Texas’ new offense,”
    Joe said. “They talked to the offensive recruits about it and told us about the future of the offense and what exactly they’re looking for. With me being a wide receiver, it sounded great. He said they were going to spread it out a little more, but also try to remain balanced. It’s not going to be just 100-percent passing or anything, but the passing game will be a big part of it. They do want to spread it out more and simplify it, though. They also want it to be much more up-tempo, with more speed on the field to run more plays per game.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No "The Eyes" on 247 this morning?
    Sorry, I didn't get into the office this morning until about 11 a.m. I posted all of the relevant info.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sorry, I didn't get into the office this morning until about 11 a.m. I posted all of the relevant info.
    Was just wondering, thanks a lot man.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Below is an updated list of everyone that showed up for the first Junior Day. DE Jarrett Johnson and S John Bonney were the only new offers:

Junior Day #1 (February 10th)
    QB, Jerrod Heard, Denton Guyer TEXAS
    RB, Donald Catalon, Aldine Eisenhower TEXAS
    RB/FB, Daniel Gresham, Fort Worth All Saints TEXAS
    WR, Lorenzo Joe, Abilene Cooper TEXAS
    WR, Roderick Bernard, Houston Sharpstown TEXAS
    OL, Demetrius Knox, Fort Worth All Saints TEXAS
    OL, Ty Barrett, Dallas Skyline
    OL, Connor Mayes, Van Alstyne
    DT, Mychealon Thomas, Dallas Skyline
    DT, Najee Toran, Galena Park North Shore
    DE, Victor Evans, Dallas Skyline
    DE, Jarrett Johnson, Katy Seven Lakes
    DE, Solomon Thomas, Coppell
    DE, Derick Roberson, San Antonio Brennan TEXAS
    LB, Cordell Dorsey, Abilene Cooper
    LB, Tay Evans, Allen
    LB, Cameron Hampton, Dallas Carter TEXAS
    LB, Zach Whitley, Galena Park North Shore
    LB, Everett Williams, Mansfield Legacy
    CB, Darrion Johnson, Brenham
    CB/S, Tony Brown, Beaumont Ozen
    S, John Bonney, Houston Lamar
    S, Derrick Dixon, Dallas Skyline
    S, Edward Paris, Mansfield Timberview
    -------------------------------------------------
    2015 QB, Trey bie, Lufkin
    2015 WR, Terry Mark, Lufkin
    2015 OL, Erik McCoy, Lufkin
    2015 DT, DJ Williams, Lufkin
    2015 CB, Kendall Sheffield, Fort Bend Marshall
    2015 ATH, Keke Coutee, Lufkin
    Last edited by TFloss32; 02-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ah, I remember when I used to work out at that place. I remember spotting Colt McCoy between his sop re and junior yr and thinking to myself, "This guy sucks!"

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Latest with DE Jarrett Johnson of Katy Seven Lakes after receiving his Texas offer yesterday (24/7):

“I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10,” Johnson said of his time in Austin. “It's not exactly what I thought it would be because it was better. Everything I saw really surprised me.”

“All of the coaches seemed great,” Johnson said. “They all seemed really professional.”

“The best part was looking at what the campus offered,” Johnson said. “Getting to watch some of the players go through a workout and lift was pretty exciting.”

“We saw a lot of the facilities,” Johnson said. “We went inside the practice bubble. I really liked the weight room and the locker room. I liked how in the weight room they have their own specially-designed plates. "

“I want a school with a good education system,” Johnson said. “I want to go somewhere where they care about their players and have a desire to win.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    More quotes from DE Jarrett Johnson (OrangeBloods):

"Yes sir. From coach (Mack) Brown himself," responded Johnson via text when asked if he received a scholarship offer from Texas. "It went great. It was an amazing experience."

"It was a special thing,"
    said Johnson. "I've gotten two other offers but this one was the best. He (Brown) made it feel like a real interview and it was cool seeing his office and his many rings."

"Texas has been somewhere I wanted to see, so that's a childhood dream come true,"
    Johnson said. "It was great."

"Yeah, they're in a good spot,"
    Johnson responded when asked where Texas stood right now on his list. "(A commitment) is something I have to go over with my parents before I can think of that."

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Darrion Johnson has an offer if you trust his Rivals page.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Darrion Johnson has an offer if you trust his Rivals page.
    IT is reporting from a Texas source and Darrion's brother that he DOES have a Texas offer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    IT is reporting from a Texas source and Darrion's brother that he DOES have a Texas offer.
    And over hookem they are reporting that he does not. But they won't post unless they are one hundred percent sure most of the time.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Willy Ivery of Sulphur Springs will be going to Texas Tech's Junior Day on the 23rd, not UT.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ESPN had a report on Mack's new policy when it comes to commitments taking visits. OL Demetrius Knox isn't happy about it which isn't much of a surprise. Apparently he called Mack and Searels before he left Junior Day to talk things over:

"I feel like, regardless, if you are committed or not, you should be allowed to take visits and official visits to other colleges because, what happens your freshman and sop re year if you are at a university and you didn't take those visits?" Knox said. "You might have second thoughts or whatever. If you went on those visits you get to decide what school is best for you so you can never have second thoughts."

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ESPN had a report on Mack's new policy when it comes to commitments taking visits. OL Demetrius Knox isn't happy about it which isn't much of a surprise. Apparently he called Mack and Searels before he left Junior Day to talk things over:

"I feel like, regardless, if you are committed or not, you should be allowed to take visits and official visits to other colleges because, what happens your freshman and sop re year if you are at a university and you didn't take those visits?" Knox said. "You might have second thoughts or whatever. If you went on those visits you get to decide what school is best for you so you can never have second thoughts."
    So don't ing commit.

Does Mackdaddy go after players committed to other schools?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Are you insinuating that Mack Brown, ol' ButterTooth, might be a hypocrite? That he might say one thing, and do another?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He does. And it's one reason why he needs to just shut up and recruit.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yes. If you're still interested in a player, you continue to recruit the player until he signs a LOI or
    he tells you to GTFO. , you still have to keep recruiting your own verbal commits until NSD.

Too many of these kids make verbal commits and later change their minds...I feel you should take
    all of your visits then make a decision and stick with it. If you want to take visits then simply do not commit.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For those that are interested, the spring game is no longer Easter Sunday.

It's now Saturday, March 30th, at 6:30 p.m.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For those that are interested, the spring game is no longer Easter Sunday.

It's now Saturday, March 30th, at 6:30 p.m.
    I would like to see a high turnout with t-shirts that read, "You can't win all the time...", a banner with Deloss's quote flown over the stadium, and effigies of Mack, Deloss, and Plonsky burned with angry chants, and mobs lighting torches and carrying pitch-forks. You know, a normal day in Egypt.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would like to see a high turnout with t-shirts that read, "You can't win all the time...", a banner with Deloss's quote flown over the stadium, and effigies of Mack, Deloss, and Plonsky burned with angry chants, and mobs lighting torches and carrying pitch-forks. You know, a normal day in Egypt.

Almost guaranteed someone will make that shirt. I'm sure some Shaggy guys are already on it.

Thread Information