Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be inclined to disagree.
    Magic 8 Ball says "that's looking doubtful".
    You'll see... He'll need the party to push him through the primaries... but he's the only guy with a chance to beat Hillary

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only guy with a chance to beat Hillary
    never had a chance ever, now he's a more-chance-less, perhaps federally indicted greasebag. Kelly has 4 kids, she'll deal and squeal to stay out of prison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At worst, this is Christie's Benghazi... and a lot less people died... it won't matter come 2016...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At worst, this is Christie's Benghazi... and a lot less people died... it won't matter come 2016...
    Beghazi was a Repug fabricated controversy/witch-hunt, as they all are, to smear Hillary, that went impotently flaccid outside of Repugs, tea baggers, and their stupid supporters.

Christie closing GWB for 4 days is real, several 100K GWB users can testify.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New N.J. do ents show extensive coverup in Fort Lee traffic shutdown

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/new-nj-do ents-show-extensive-coverup-in-fort-lee-traffic-shutdown/2014/01/10/09af4efc-7a1f-11e3-af7f-13bf0e9965f6_story.html?hpid=z1

Even the Repugs couldn't fabricate a Benghazi coverup so convincing as the GWB coverup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you being the arbiter of what was "invented" or not... it will all be brought up during campaigns... that's how it works... you know it, and I know it...

Christie's biggest obstacle is going through the primaries, but if the party gets behind him like they did with Romney and basically pick him as de-facto candidate, he'll make it...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CHRISTIE UNAWARE HE WAS THE GOVERNOR

At a hastily called press conference today, Chris Christie revealed that he only became aware that he was the governor of New Jersey in the past seventy-two hours.

“Unbeknownst to me, some people I thought I could trust were secretly working to elect me governor of this state,” a visibly stunned Christie told reporters. “I have acted swiftly and fired them all.”

While asserting that he had terminated all of the people who were involved in the scheme to elect him, he said that, if he finds additional conspirators, “I will deal with them accordingly.”

Christie struggled to explain how he remained in the dark about being governor, a position he has held since 2010: “I guess I’m just not much of a detail person. People think I’m a micromanager. I’m not. If a bunch of people are going behind my back and plotting to make me the governor, that’s not the kind of thing I pick up on.”

Reflecting on his reaction to the news that he is the governor of New Jersey, Christie said he felt “angry, embarrassed, and humiliated, but mainly just sad.”

“It’s sad that this was allowed to happen,” he said. “It’s a sad situation for me and for New Jersey.”

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...-governor.html

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who gives a ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you being the arbiter of what was "invented" or not...
    straw man.

NYT sent reporters to Libya, interviewed a bunch of people, while 0.1%er Issa sat on his comfortably taxpayer funded ass and held numerous Benghazi hearings, cherry picked/suppressed reports to fabricate his proof.

see the article in the NYT this week.

Benghazi is as dead as it ever has been as real issue, only the Issa zombie scandal survives.

Benghazi was caused by the youtube video mocking Muslims, not by al Queda. iow, America is its own worst enemy. "Why Do They Hate Us" because America hates them.

Sure, Repugs will bring up their fake Benghazi scandal, that ACA is a horrible disaster, and all kinds of other campaign lies, but like Barry as Kenyan fist bumping Muslim manchurian candidate, all the Repug lies and slander won't get them in the WH.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-12-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the lying, criminal greasebag is both presidential and telegenic

The bottom line is the Christie revenge scandal is deepening and not about to go away soon. Some of that is because Christie has a deep reputation of being a political bully in his state and his opponents are not going to easily let him off the hook. The New York Times has covered many incidents where Christie has strong-armed opponents, including this week’s report of a state environmental official who was told he might face legal consequences if he opposed a pipeline in one of the state’s most pristine areas.

Beyond New Jersey’s border, national political reporters are well aware that Christie has been the leading Republican candidate in 2016 presidential polling. Both he and Hillary Clinton are their party’s leading candidates, and Christie also is the 2014 chairman of the Republican Governor’s Association. All of this means this scandal isn’t disappearing quietly into the night—if anything, it’s going to get louder and louder.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/chris-christie-revenge-scandal-deepens-day-after-brash-governor-apologizes?paging=off&current_page=1#bookmark

his opponents, both Repug and Dem, plus all the victims of his bullying will bring him down.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'll see... He'll need the party to push him through the primaries... but he's the only guy with a chance to beat Hillary
    I would agree. I just don't think the Republicans see this. It's still so early. Plenty of time for tripping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone mentioned Bengazi yet? This bridge thing just highlights what a disaster Obama is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone mentioned Bengazi yet? This bridge thing just highlights what a disaster Obama is.
    I did

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks, Obama!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple of female hecklers in the crowd shouted something about jobs “going down” and Christie responded, “You know, something may be going down tonight, but it ain’t going to be jobs, sweetheart”

http://www.salon.com/2012/01/09/did_chris_christie_make_a_crude_sexist_joke/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 Reasons Chris Christie Might Be Lying

1. Too much detail regarding unimportant issues. According to Meyer, a subject will often offer specific details that have nothing to do with the question of his guilt as a way of validating his claim of innocence. It’s as if the specificity will add credibility to what he’s about to tell you. However, when you listen closely, you’ll observe that the abundance of details does not lead to relevant information.

2. Evading questions. During the question-and-answer period Christie stuck to his talking points: Apologize. Appear cooperative. Promise to do better next time. He also avoided answering this question from a reporter: “So, I’m just asking, what do you ask yourself about — they either thought this is what the boss wanted, or they, as a group, they were willing to go rogue and do this and then try to cover it up.

3. Lack of genuine emotion. Christie is a force of nature. He is breathtakingly self-confident and passionate about what he believes in. He’s expressive with his hands, his face and his body. A Google image search reveals Christie using his hands in almost every speech, hugging people and laughing heartily. Christie is not a stuffed shirt. His baseline behavior is that of a warm, sincere, powerful leader, quick to anger, but also quick to love.

But in Thursday’s speech, Christie kept his arms on the podium, his face expressionless and his words measured, despite the fact that he kept repeating how heartbroken he was. “I don’t think I’ve gotten to the angry stage yet, but I’m sure I’ll get there,” he said, as if he knew it was strange not to appear angry.

The fact that this behavior is so out of character for him is significant.

4. Leaks. These can be the most damning of all. A leak is a facial expression or physical gesture that sneaks out without the liar’s knowledge. These telltale signs can be facial expressions or physical gestures that are out of sync. For example, a subject angry at an accusation slams his fist on the table, but his face betrays the slightest smile for just an instant. A leak could also be an errant phrase tacked on to the end of a statement that then changes its entire meaning. “I don’t micromanage first,” Christie said at the end of an explanation regarding his management style:
    I am — there’s this — there’s this, you know, kind of reputation out there of me being a micromanager. I’m not. I mean, I think if you talk to my staff, what they would tell you is that I delegate enormous authority to my staff and enormous authority to my Cabinet. And I tell them, come to me with the policy decisions that need to be made, with some high-level personnel decisions that need to be made. But I do not manage in that kind of micro way, first.
    Later he assures the press corps that he will always tell them the truth, as he sees it. It’s the “as I see it,” that weakens the phrase. But the fact that he feels the need to say it at all is somewhat suspect. According to Meyer, if anyone is telling you they are telling you the truth, that person probably is not.

5. Contradictions. Twice during the press conference Christie changed his story. At the start of his speech he clearly explained that four weeks ago he took his staff into his office and told them that if they had anything to do with the bridge lane closures they had one hour to tell either chief of staff Kevin O’Dowd or chief counsel Charlie McKenna. Later in the conference, aggressively leaning over the podium, Christie said that four weeks ago he took his staff into his office and told them that they should tell him, Mr. O’Dowd and Mr. McKenna right then and there if they were involved with the bridge debacle.

http://www.alternet.org/print/tea-pa...might-be-lying

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bengazi could end up being small potatoes, just like the bridge. Knowingly ruining the functioning of US infrastructure is not the same as incompetence. In fact it is competent revenge using the public as fodder, could be incredibly malignant imo.

And Christie hired these s. Just like Obama with Holder and Rahman Emanuel. Or a number of other types without a conscience.
    Last edited by pgardn; 01-12-2014 at 12:00 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Bengazi could end up being small potatoes, just like the bridge. Knowingly ruining the functioning of US infrastructure is not the same as incompetence. In fact it is competent revenge using the public as fodder, could be incredibly malignant imo.

And Christie hired these s. Just like Obama with Holder and Rahman Emanuel. Or a number of other types without a conscience.
    Now that's what I call ..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    A couple of female hecklers in the crowd shouted something about jobs “going down” and Christie responded, “You know, something may be going down tonight, but it ain’t going to be jobs, sweetheart”

http://www.salon.com/2012/01/09/did_chris_christie_make_a_crude_sexist_joke/

The guy is like Dennis Rod man very unpredictable and could say the wrong thing to start WW4

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did somebody say "Benghazi" ?

Host calls out Reince Priebus for ‘deflection’ after Benghazi rant over Christie scandal

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/1...e+Raw+Story%29

Repugs and their brain-dead, zombie talking points!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this really all the left-wing hate machine has on Christie?

Might as well stick to fat jokes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this really all the left-wing hate machine has on Christie?

Might as well stick to fat jokes.
    Being a repulsively, risibly obese greasebag is the least of Christie's problems.

He's not "Christian" enough (although some "Christian" ignorants probably think his surname is proof enough that he's a Bible-thumper), he thanked and hugged the Great Muslim N!gg@ Satan, not extremist right enough for the teabaggin base, and the GWB scandal will screw him up with NJ voters, probably not be re-elected governor. iow, he's in very deep doodoo (except with his Wall St/USCoC buddies).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being a repulsively, risibly obese greasebag is the least of Christie's problems.

He's not "Christian" enough (although some "Christian" ignorants probably think his surname is proof enough that he's a Bible-thumper), he thanked and hugged the Great Muslim N!gg@ Satan, not extremist right enough for the teabaggin base, and the GWB scandal will screw him up with NJ voters, probably not be re-elected governor. iow, he's in very deep doodoo (except with his Wall St/USCoC buddies).
    Well, you're certainly as afraid of him as Republicans are of Clinton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, you're certainly as afraid of him as Republicans are of Clinton.
    bull , the only things formidable about this pathological narcissist are his 70" waistline and his egomania.

As a political threat? IT'S OVA!

RickyBobby is definitely loving CC's self-immolation.

Here's RickyBobby ripping off TX taxpayers being scammed for his political trips.

Rick Perry's security detail tab reaches $2.8 million

The travel cost of Gov. Rick Perry's security detail for out-of-state trips has risen to $2.8 million, covering the period from his 2010 re-election through late last year.

The latest $120,933 quarterly tab for out-of-state trips includes Perry's travel to Israel, England, California, Colorado, South Carolina, Louisiana, New Jersey, Mississippi and Washington, D.C.

Perry, who is mulling another run for president, is accompanied by his detail when he makes trips for political events, state business or vacations.

Taxpayers typically don't foot the bill for Perry's direct travel costs, but they do pay for the Texas Department of Public Safety security detail.

Perry has rebuffed the idea of covering the security detail's costs for political trips, as some have urged, saying he is governor wherever he goes.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/pol...-8-5132526.php

Neither Perry or Ayn Rand Paul are electable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then there is no need for you to post about them.

Thread Information