Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to ask you this. What is the system? It's more than just letting Harden play PG. It's a system where 3 point shooting is primarily emphasized, and that has how it has been since Harden and before he was here. But here is the main thing that's allowing for Harden to have better assist numbers. Pick and roll. They never ran it with Dwight because he never wanted to run it. They run it a lot now, no Dwight = pick and roll where Harden is already great at it. THAT is the system. Funny how Capela and Harden are much more in sync than Dwight and Harden were, it's because Capela is very willing to pick and roll and set hard screens, which obviously opens up other players from 3.
    What does this have to do with Harden didn't get his assists up playing in D'antoni's system? The point is, it's a system where Harden handles the rock and either scores or assist on every shot down the court. This is a system that is a lot easier to stop in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    an efficient shooter who couldve scored more, he rather pad his assists then trying to score

remember those games against the spurs between 05-07, would beat enrique to the lane for easy 2pts, but instead of dribbles out to the 3pt line or look for the cutting man....what a stooge, im glad when beno came on continue to pick pocket him cause he was a 1 trick pony exposed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Kidd or Nash are overrated. I think athletic dunkers are overrated. Nash and Kidd had responsibilities to shine even with some bonehead coaches and teammates and they still managed to do so. Who else could make Amare look good? 40 points a game? Didn't do anything remotely like that in NY. Who else could get the Mavs over the Finals hump? Nash and Kidd had off the charts basketball IQ. That's what's always underrated by casual fans.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    What does this have to do with Harden didn't get his assists up playing in D'antoni's system? The point is, it's a system where Harden handles the rock and either scores or assist on every shot down the court. This is a system that is a lot easier to stop in the playoffs.
    That has been the system pretty much Harden's entire career in Houston, in which his assists have gone up every year. It's really not hard to see running a simple pick and roll will get someone open and lead to more chances for assists... Christ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That has been the system pretty much Harden's entire career in Houston, in which his assists have gone up every year. It's really not hard to see running a simple pick and roll will get someone open and lead to more chances for assists... Christ.
    Yes, 8 years of no pick and roll. You are making perfect sense.

Thread Information