Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NBA = ED

I'm not a cap guy at all. But aren't the Cavs maxed out? Which means unless they have a TE, they need to send equal salary to Atlanta, not just picks. Wonder who the Cavs are shedding? And who at that level would Bud want?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're ing ting me. Cleveland gets good trades even though they're way over the tax threshold, Spurs don't do any trades. What are you doing, Bud? How about helping the Spurs out?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for the Cavs.

Will be a nice fit around Kyrie and LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a cap guy at all. But aren't the Cavs maxed out? Which means unless they have a TE, they need to send equal salary to Atlanta, not just picks. Wonder who the Cavs are shedding? And who at that level would Bud want?
    Maybe MCRae? Dunleavy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe MCRae? Dunleavy?
    ok. Thanks. Not sure this improves the Hawks any. They must be getting picks. or was Korver about to be a FA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe MCRae? Dunleavy?
    Cedi Osman If I had to guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein Verified account ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Another proven NBA vet who I'm told is nearing a return to the league and will soon be engaging with interested teams: Carl Landry

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6h6 hours ago With Mario Chalmers also hopeful of making a return to the court in 2017 ... veteran point guard market has the potential to get interesting

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6h6 hours ago Jarrett Jack last played for Brooklyn almost exactly a year ago and has been working his way back from a knee tear suffered Jan. 3, 2016.
    Pop used to love the out of Jarrett Jack back in the day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never heard that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never heard that one.
    Well now you have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're ing ting me. Cleveland gets good trades even though they're way over the tax threshold, Spurs don't do any trades. What are you doing, Bud? How about helping the Spurs out?
    I wouldn't be shocked if Bud never answers a call from RC Buford again. Splitter was damaged goods and the Spurs knew it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well now you have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder what jr smith will do he could cause issues

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Jack was just one of those chuckers who used to kill the Spurs & Pop couldn't say anything but kiss his ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6h6 hours ago With Mario Chalmers also hopeful of making a return to the court in 2017 ... veteran point guard market has the potential to get interesting

ing Chalmers. Gets caught on Rookie Weekend with weed and hookers in the hotel room, while the rest of the rookies are downstairs getting their mandatory lecture about how to stay out of trouble.

Brain surgeon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be shocked if Bud never answers a call from RC Buford again. Splitter was damaged goods and the Spurs knew it.
    Bud and Larry Bird should never take RC's calls again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack was just one of those chuckers who used to kill the Spurs & Pop couldn't say anything but kiss his ass.
    Jack would have been a perfect backup point on a good team but started getting paid as a starter"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team could use another wing defender.

Rather have PJ Tucker as an option instead of Kyle in a series against HOU or GS tbh.. 5th wing behind Kawhi/Green/Manu/Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Kyle and Tucker if it's coming down to defense. Having a dynamic shooter off the bench would be better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have Kyle and Tucker if it's coming down to defense. Having a dynamic shooter off the bench would be better.
    Tucker has been a 35% 3 point shooter for his career. Much better option than Kyle overall. IMO.

I'd rather not have another defensive liability on the floor. Three and D type is what they need and Tucker fits that even though he's on the downside of his career. Casspi fits the shoe too, even though he's not as solid of a defender, but I think he has the athletic versatility and length to be good enough on D. By athletic versatility I'm not saying he's a great athlete, just that he has some mobility and flex ( he's not a stiff like Novak).

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The buyout watch thread should be renamed the dream big thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tucker has been a 35% 3 point shooter for his career. Much better option than Kyle overall. IMO.

I'd rather not have another defensive liability on the floor. Three and D type is what they need and Tucker fits that even though he's on the downside of his career. Casspi fits the shoe too, even though he's not as solid of a defender, but I think he has the athletic versatility and length to be good enough on D. By athletic versatility I'm not saying he's a great athlete, just that he has some mobility and flex ( he's not a stiff like Novak).
    Kyle's a better defender than PJ. So if it's coming down to D, I'd rather have him. As I was just saying, for the last spot, I'd much rather have a shooter, preferably at the guard spot. Someone better than Forbes, obviously.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle's a better defender than PJ. So if it's coming down to D, I'd rather have him. As I was just saying, for the last spot, I'd much rather have a shooter, preferably at the guard spot. Someone better than Forbes, obviously.
    Stats back up Kyle is the better defender, but PJ is the better overall play since he provides 3&D. Just my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a pointless discussion about Kyle here bc the Spurs have a roster spot and don't need to waive anyone to pick up a FA.

About Forbes, there's absolutely no cir stance under which I would see him in a playoff scenario even with injuries. So far, he looks like a Pop project to replace Mills shooting production if they are unable or unwilling to resign him next season. He's more in danger of getting cut as he's no playing at all and it is really a stretch to consider him a wing. They could pick someone else up for that designated shooter role that Forbes is supposed to be. And still it's unnecessary to waive anyone per se.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a pointless discussion about Kyle here bc the Spurs have a roster spot and don't need to waive anyone to pick up a FA.

About Forbes, there's absolutely no cir stance under which I would see him in a playoff scenario even with injuries. So far, he looks like a Pop project to replace Mills shooting production if they are unable or unwilling to resign him next season. He's more in danger of getting cut as he's no playing at all and it is really a stretch to consider him a wing. They could pick someone else up for that designated shooter role that Forbes is supposed to be. And still it's unnecessary to waive anyone per se.
    Not a pointless discussion since they can only dress 13 players in the post-season.

Kyle could easly be releagated to inactive if a guy like tucker comes in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a pointless discussion since they can only dress 13 players in the post-season.

Kyle could easly be releagated to inactive if a guy like tucker comes in.
    I suppose but the same was supposed to happen with K. Martin last season and didn't. Until you get the guy in the team you don't know how he will pan out with Pop...

Thread Information