Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant shouldn't be anywhere near the MVP conversation

The Warriors have looked significantly better since they began running their offense through Curry again..
    Agree. KD shouldn't have a realistic chance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is a lock, tbh..he has everything working for him, including narrative, which is arguably the most important factor..

Houston is 40-18, despite not having a single player that has ever been an All-Star..also, they only have 1 player shooting above 40% from 3 IIRC..they have the 26th ranked bench(or somewhere around there), too, compared to the Spurs' 2nd ranked unit..also, while I believe D'Antoni is underrated and has been done a disservice by joining 2 overrated franchises with horrible front offices(Knicks and Lakers), he's still viewed as a gimmick coach by most media members..on the other side, Pop is seen as a coaching God that makes magic with every player he touches

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden is a lock, tbh..he has everything working for him, including narrative, which is arguably the most important factor..

Houston is 40-18, despite not having a single player that has ever been an All-Star..also, they only have 1 player shooting above 40% from 3 IIRC..they have the 26th ranked bench(or somewhere around there), too, compared to the Spurs' 2nd ranked unit..also, while I believe D'Antoni is underrated and has been done a disservice by joining 2 overrated franchises with horrible front offices(Knicks and Lakers), he's still viewed as a gimmick coach by most media members..on the other side, Pop is seen as a coaching God that makes magic with every player he touches
    If Kawhi beats Lebron Warriors once and the last houston game, Kawhi gets it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi beats Lebron Warriors once and the last houston game, Kawhi gets it.
    I don't think the Houston game will matter(maybe if Harden completely collapses in that game, I suppose), but I'll believe in Kawhi's chances if the Spurs beat the Warriors again(since nobody really thinks the 1st game was significant, for obvious reasons)..if SA beats Golden State and Kawhi dominates, the hype will begin IMO..

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    MVP???? of the league???? hahahahaha

you could replace him with paul george or melo and spurs wouldnt look any different

he doesn't even play good defense anymore from what i heard lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the Houston game will matter(maybe if Harden completely collapses in that game, I suppose), but I'll believe in Kawhi's chances if the Spurs beat the Warriors again(since nobody really thinks the 1st game was significant, for obvious reasons)..if SA beats Golden State and Kawhi dominates, the hype will begin IMO..
    Agreed...for Kawhi to really have a legitimate shot at MVP, he'll need to have huge statement games against GS/Cleveland. Otherwise Harden or LeBron will win it.

I still think LeBron will get credit for last year's playoffs/Finals. Media will be thinking "Remember when we gave Curry MVP last year and then LeBron showed he was still the best player in the league?"...that will help his chances.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^The Love injury will help Lebron's case, if the Cavs continue to win at a high rate(which they will, since Love's impact during the RS isn't as high as perceived)..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im glad Kawhi isnt being considered because MVP is never about "value" to a team. Its about stats. If it were really Most Valuable Player, Kawhi should win easily. Other than players coached by Phil Jackson, players with gaudy numbers dont win les because the rest of the team isnt involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron also has very little years, if any, at this level.

We've all heard, LeBron SHOULD get it every year. With his MVP years short, he's the front runner this year, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said in previous threads, the fact that the MVP won't be announced until after the season is over takes a lot of the fun and drama out of it. Now its just an award and won't really matter too much if the MVP's team didn't win it all. Before it wratched up the pressure (and envy) for some good theater.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MVP???? of the league???? hahahahaha

you could replace him with paul george or melo and spurs wouldnt look any different

he doesn't even play good defense anymore from what i heard lmao
    You're a got poster with a got avatar. Go kill your mother for giving birth to such an unbelievable got as yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a got poster with a got avatar. Go kill your mother for giving birth to such an unbelievable got as yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hold on Benoit...please wait until after the weekend

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said in previous threads, the fact that the MVP won't be announced until after the season is over takes a lot of the fun and drama out of it. Now its just an award and won't really matter too much if the MVP's team didn't win it all. Before it wratched up the pressure (and envy) for some good theater.
    This cant be truer. It definitely takes a lot drama snd narratives out of it. Like Curry's first-ever unanimous MVP playing for the "best" regular season team in history and didnt ring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA doesn't want there league / player to look bad so giving it out after the season saves some face if that player gets loses in the playoffs after receiving the award.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA doesn't want there league / player to look bad so giving it out after the season saves some face if that player gets loses in the playoffs after receiving the award.
    Yeah definitely; very anticlimactic.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today's NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imho, they want to make that "awards" show to make even more money, without realizing that fans will give zero s to those awards once the season is over. I expect that to last 2 or 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He sure isn't the MVP of the All Star Game. Believe me.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    lmao Spurs look so much better without him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    4m Harden and Westbrook are the consensus MVP faves, but no one out West was finer in Trimester 2 than Kawhi Leonard -> espn.com/blog/marc-stei…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Van Gundy just said Kawhi is his MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Van Gundy making his case for Kawhi as MVP on national television right now, and Mark Jackson immediately shoots the notion down like a dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Jackson is an all time idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reverend Jackson still asspained over the Spurs ting all over him in 2013 and taking his job in 2014

Thread Information