Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this all you need to embrace the Donald?

Embrace him.
    You are doing fine suckling off his breasts.
    Im not needed here.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet you look mighty good to Chris in that skimpy cheerleading outfit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COMEY: The first cyber — there was all kinds of cyber intrusions going on all the time. The first Russian-connected cyber intrusion I became aware of in the late summer of 2015.

BURR: And in that time frame, there were more than the DNC and the D triple C that were targets?

COMEY: Correct, a massive effort to target government and nongovernmental, near governmental agencies like nonprofits.

BURR: What would be the estimate of how many en ies out there the Russians specifically targeted in that time frame?

COMEY: It's hundreds. I suppose it could be more than 1,000, but it's at least hundreds.

BURR: When did you become aware that data had been exfiltrated?

COMEY: I'm not sure exactly. I think either late '15 or early '16.

BURR: And did you, the director of the FBI, have conversations with the last administration about the risk that this posed?

COMEY: Yes.

BURR: And share with us, if you will, what actions they took.

COMEY: Well, the FBI had already undertaken an effort to notify all the victims, and that's what we consider the en ies attacked as part of this massive spear-phishing campaign so we notified them in an effort to disrupt what might be ongoing, and then there was a series of continuing interactions with en ies through the rest of '15 into '16, and then throughout '16, the administration was trying to decide how to respond to the intrusion activity that it saw.

The only mistake is thinking that Republicans care about the country more than they care about their political party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COMEY IS!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    grrrrrr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only mistake is thinking that Democrats care about the country more than they care about their political party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "democrats bad"
    uh, ok.

What is funny is that if there were a Democrat accused of doing what Trump is, you would be screaming bloody murder to get an investigation.

Do you think that the potential interference should be fully investigated, even if it implicates people close to President Trump?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *republicans bad. ignore the crimes of our side, pretend moral superiority. repeat*

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    uh, ok.

What is funny is that if there were a Democrat accused of doing what Trump is, you would be screaming bloody murder to get an investigation.

Do you think that the potential interference should be fully investigated, even if it implicates people close to President Trump?

The funny thing is, and you pretend it didn't happen, is that already happened. It happened with Comey Ep. 1: The "Matter". And 6 months later, we are finding Obama and Co. were doing basically the same thing you and yours have come to string Trump on, except that we also know Obama was wiretapping us all and spying on us all, but...full circle. You're going to stand by yours, selectively pick what to ignore and then point your grubby mitts to the other side of the fence and on them for the same offense.

You're doing what you say the Right is doing, except they are wrong for doing it because you're doing it. That's all you're saying, no matter how you frame it and responding to questions with questions or trying to disprove someone by asking questions isn't changing the basic gist of your activity on these threads. You're just semen-shielding and deflecting.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    *ding*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    uh, ok.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funny thing is, and you pretend it didn't happen, is that already happened. It happened with Comey Ep. 1: The "Matter". And 6 months later, we are finding Obama and Co. were doing basically the same thing you and yours have come to string Trump on, except that we also know Obama was wiretapping us all and spying on us all, but...full circle. You're going to stand by yours, selectively pick what to ignore and then point your grubby mitts to the other side of the fence and on them for the same offense.

You're doing what you say the Right is doing, except they are wrong for doing it because you're doing it. That's all you're saying, no matter how you frame it and responding to questions with questions or trying to disprove someone by asking questions isn't changing the basic gist of your activity on these threads. You're just semen-shielding and deflecting.
    I think any criminal wrongdoing by the Obama administration should be investigated. If someone did something illegal, that should be investigated.

See how easy that was?

The fact that you can't, or won't, bring yourself to say the obvious, decent thing, i.e. "investigate the people who lied about meeting the Russians to see if any laws were broken", pretty much makes my case for me, that I am in fact morally and ethically superior to you.

I will happily await your saying that to be contradicted. Prove me wrong.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 06-09-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Real Scandal Is Still Russia

Donald Trump is trying to give the Russians everything they want. That’s scarier than his possible obstruction of justice

No one of these triumphs resulted directly from Putin pushing a button and having Trump act.

They reflect a more subtle success, borne of Russian influence upstream in the Washington ecosystem.

Russian intelligence agencies successfully interfered with and influenced the U.S. election, according to a
    consensus position of the U.S. intelligence community.

By subtly influencing the election outcome,

cultivating relationships with top Trump officials, and

creating distrust of core U.S. national security ins utions like the CIA—including among the president himself—

Russia set in motion a complex chain reaction that is now paying off for the Russian regime.

Whether they actively colluded with the Trump campaign or not, the Russians got what they wanted:

a president who was more friendly to their interests, and more pliable in their hands too.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...they_want.html

Trash wanted Comey/FBI to drop the Flynn case BECAUSE Trash and his entourage has been compromised by Pootin.

As the above article says, chasing obstruction of justice charges is superb sideshow distracting from WHY Trash obstructed justice.

Pootin "turned" the Trash by buying his cheap, venal, bankrupt ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Real Scandal Is Still Russia

Donald Trump is trying to give the Russians everything they want. That’s scarier than his possible obstruction of justice

No one of these triumphs resulted directly from Putin pushing a button and having Trump act.

They reflect a more subtle success, borne of Russian influence upstream in the Washington ecosystem.

Russian intelligence agencies successfully interfered with and influenced the U.S. election, according to a
    consensus position of the U.S. intelligence community.

By subtly influencing the election outcome,

cultivating relationships with top Trump officials, and

creating distrust of core U.S. national security ins utions like the CIA—including among the president himself—

Russia set in motion a complex chain reaction that is now paying off for the Russian regime.

Whether they actively colluded with the Trump campaign or not, the Russians got what they wanted:

a president who was more friendly to their interests, and more pliable in their hands too.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...they_want.html

Trash wanted Comey/FBI to drop the Flynn case BECAUSE Trash and his entourage has been compromised by Pootin.

As the above article says, chasing obstruction of justice charges is superb sideshow distracting from WHY Trash obstructed justice.

Pootin "turned" the Trash by buying his cheap, venal, bankrupt ass.

That slate article sums it up nicely. They got what they wanted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm serious you goys it's really Russia!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Yes it should be fully investigated and it is being fully investigated.

When nothing comes of it what will you want investigated next? What is the 3.5 year investigation plan?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I think any criminal wrongdoing by the Obama administration should be investigated. If someone did something illegal, that should be investigated.

See how easy that was?

The fact that you can't, or won't, bring yourself to say the obvious, decent thing, i.e. "investigate the people who lied about meeting the Russians to see if any laws were broken", pretty much makes my case for me, that I am in fact morally and ethically superior to you.

I will happily await your saying that to be contradicted. Prove me wrong.
    I just said it should be investigated so we are both sitting equal morally and ethically.

Now, do you think Hillary Clinton should have been charged for the laundry list of Federal offenses Comey listed off concerning her handling of classified material at the highest levels?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it should be fully investigated and it is being fully investigated.

When nothing comes of it what will you want investigated next? What is the 3.5 year investigation plan?
    Then you have to move on to conflicts of interest and potential money laundering. You know, that stuff you have been avoiding like the plague?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just said it should be investigated so we are both sitting equal morally and ethically.

Now, do you think Hillary Clinton should have been charged for the laundry list of Federal offenses Comey listed off concerning her handling of classified material at the highest levels?
    If the evidence warrants it, yes.

Remind me again if the investigators made a determination on that point.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    If the evidence warrants it, yes.

The evidence overwhelmingly warranted it. The investigators were clearly being pressured by the WH and DOJ. More will be coming out on this soon I have heard, we got a little crumb from Comey yesterday.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Hillary Clinton
    *ding*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [Clintons should be prosecuted if] the evidence warrants it, yes.

The evidence overwhelmingly warranted it. The investigators were clearly being pressured by the WH and DOJ. More will be coming out on this soon I have heard, we got a little crumb from Comey yesterday.
    I'm taking what Comey said at face value.
    In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quan ies of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.
    https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...-e-mail-system

I think I will take the words of experienced investigators and lawyers over your evaluation of the evidence you never saw. Bull it did.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Then you have to move on to conflicts of interest and potential money laundering. You know, that stuff you have been avoiding like the plague?
    Keep throwing against the wall. Eventually something will stick.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    http://www.investors.com/politics/ib...investigation/

majority of Americans doubt the 2016 presidential election outcome was influenced by Russia and nearly half agree that the current investigation is a "political 'witch hunt' aimed at getting the president impeached," according to the latest IBD/TIPP Poll.

Moreover, despite growing talk among Trump's political foes of possible impeachment, 65% called such talk "premature" while 32% said it was "appropriate." However, just 4% of Republicans agreed that impeachment talk was appropriate, compared to 60% of Democrats.

The results of the national poll of 903 adults, taken from May 30 to June 6, strongly suggest that many Americans see the current investigation into alleged Trump campaign ties to Russian government officials as largely political and driven by sensational media coverage.

"A majority of the public feels that the news media are putting the cart before the horse regarding discussions of alleged collusion between President Trump and Russia," said Raghavan Mayur, president of TechnoMetrica, who directed the IBD/TIPP Poll.

"The American people perceive that, in the court of the media, Trump is guilty until proven innocent," Mayur added. "Since the election, the media have persistently questioned the president's legitimacy on various fronts, from Michigan's close vote count and Russian interference to Trump's mental capacity, and, presently, alleged collusion with Russia," Mayur added. "So far, the public has not been swayed."

Other IBD/TIPP Poll news: Trump's approval drops as his spending, tax cut agenda gain wide support.

Despite the media's saturation coverage, some 52% of respondents said the outcome of the 2016 presidential election was "not influenced" by Russia, while just 39% said it was.

The responses split along predictable party lines, with 77% of Democrats saying Russians influenced the election, but just 6% of Republicans in agreement. Among independents, only 31% saw a Russian influence on the election outcome.

Americans overwhelmingly blame the media for the hoopla surrounding the Russian investigation, with 57% agreeing that "the media has prematurely declared President Trump and his allies guilty of collusion with Russia" despite a lack of evidence. Just 39% disagreed.

And once again, the partisan split was notable, with 83% of Republicans agreeing that the media had displayed bias, but just 32% of Democrats saying the same. Some 62% of independents saw media bias in the coverage of the Russia investigation.

Perhaps surprisingly, the age group that saw the greatest media effect was the youngest — the 18-to-24 year-old age group, with 72% agreeing that the media had essentially treated Trump and his campaign officials as guilty in covering the Russia issue without providing evidence. All of the other age groups were in the 53% to 59% range.

Meanwhile, some 47% agreed with the statement that "the investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia is a political 'witch hunt' aimed at getting the president impeached." But 48% disagreed.

Even so, 21% of Democrats agreed that the investigation was a witch hunt, along with 75% of Republicans and 51% of independents.

On Thursday, former FBI Director James Comey, whom President Obama hired in 2013 and President Trump fired in May, is scheduled to testify to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence about the events surrounding the FBI's investigation into Trump campaign officials' ties to Russia — especially those of retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, who served as Trump's national security advisor for a month before being fired for misleading Vice President Mike Pence about Flynn's past contacts with Russian officials.

In prepared testimony slated for delivery Thursday before Congress, Comey once again said that Trump had expressed his hope in an Oval Office meeting on Feb. 14 that Comey would end his investigation into Flynn because "he is a good guy and has been through a lot."

But Trump neither ordered Comey to end his Flynn investigation nor implied he would retaliate if he didn't. Still, Comey said, he found his contacts with Trump troubling.

Comey also made clear that Trump didn't appear to be trying to get him to stop the much broader FBI investigation into White House ties to Russia, as some in the media have suggested.

"I had understood the president to be requesting that we drop any investigation of Flynn in connection with false statements about his conversations with the Russian ambassador in December," Comey says in his prepared text. "I did not understand the president to be talking about the broader investigation into Russia or possible links to his campaign."

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...-e-mail-system

I think I will take the words of experienced investigators and lawyers over your evaluation of the evidence you never saw. Bull it did.
    Can you find the word "intent" in the laws concerning the handling of classified information?

Thread Information