Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1028
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because, guilt by association.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a protestor who associated with other protestors as evidenced by his social media.

So now Holder's DOJ report that clearly justifies Wilson's use of force has a conflict of interest? Lol

Mike Brown has no bearing on my guns, that one came out of left field. "Worrying" about oppression doesn't do , be proactive in your life for once and try to inact change if it bothers you so much. Put on your SJW cape and get yourself out there.
    Who says I don't?

That is not what I said either. I said regardless of whether or not the shooting was justified that it was obvious to me from the acts of police and public officials that it showed discrimination and that the prosecutors investigation demonstrated a conflict of interest. i thought the DoJ did a good job of getting out in front of that up.

You still haven't come up with something justifying your bull about the police chief even acknowledging his misrepresentation of the events in the aftermath of the shooting much less shown the retraction you claim he made. We have had this discussion before and that was how it ended last time. You're like Darrin in that you will leave and come back and repeat the same refuted a couple days later. I don't need that anymore the DoJ goes to great lengths showing how it wasn't law enforcement as much as extortion and the courts had clear racial bias.

Why don't you want to talk about that farce of a GJ proceedings the prosecutor held?

No you want to conflate all the protesters with the shooter, beat around the bush, and act coy. Same different day from you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just local police departments. The Feds are just as crooked. After Vietnam the US government took tens of thousands of surplus M16s, chopped the lowers and sold the rest of the parts to dealers who resold them as parts kits. All you had to do was buy an aftermarket lower for about $100 and you could have a kickass AR15 on the cheap. They were still rare back then and you couldn't just go out and buy one off the shelf like you can now. I built one and also built another lower with an autosear just for fun. It's pretty simple machine work and the parts and patterns were available on shotgun news. I could just swap out the lower in 5 minutes and rock and roll.

Long story short, I had an adopted brother ( cousin whose parents died) that I treated like a true little brother and let him play with all my toys. He turned out to be a sorry ass crackhead and eventually became estranged from me and the rest of the family. In his twisted mind he decided to get even and turn me in to the ATF for having an unregistered machine gun. He painted the picture of me being some kind of desperado or something. anyway I got raided by about 15 ATF and DPS. It was pretty ugly. Fortunately I always hid the rock and roll receiver and when they took it from my gun safe it had the semi auto M15 lower on it.

Well, I thought it was fortunate anyway. They sent the gun to Washington and the suckers in the lab declared it to be a full auto even though the lower didn't have an autosear. No way that bolt cycled.

It was a of a mess for awhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just local police departments. The Feds are just as crooked. After Vietnam the US government took tens of thousands of surplus M16s, chopped the lowers and sold the rest of the parts to dealers who resold them as parts kits. All you had to do was buy an aftermarket lower for about $100 and you could have a kickass AR15 on the cheap. They were still rare back then and you couldn't just go out and buy one off the shelf like you can now. I built one and also built another lower with an autosear just for fun. It's pretty simple machine work and the parts and patterns were available on shotgun news. I could just swap out the lower in 5 minutes and rock and roll.

Long story short, I had an adopted brother ( cousin whose parents died) that I treated like a true little brother and let him play with all my toys. He turned out to be a sorry ass crackhead and eventually became estranged from me and the rest of the family. In his twisted mind he decided to get even and turn me in to the ATF for having an unregistered machine gun. He painted the picture of me being some kind of desperado or something. anyway I got raided by about 15 ATF and DPS. It was pretty ugly. Fortunately I always hid the rock and roll receiver and when they took it from my gun safe it had the semi auto M15 lower on it.

Well, I thought it was fortunate anyway. They sent the gun to Washington and the suckers in the lab declared it to be a full auto even though the lower didn't have an autosear. No way that bolt cycled.

It was a of a mess for awhile.
    You hid your illegal gun so they couldn't find it. What was he getting even for? What did you do that he blew out of proportion?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hid your illegal gun so they couldn't find it. What was he getting even for? What did you do that he blew out of proportion?
    Not that you really give a but I tried to get him to go into rehab.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that you really give a but I tried to get him to go into rehab.
    Did you call the law on him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. And that's all you get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. And that's all you get.
    Fair enough. If you didn't appeal to that authority, it's not too hard to guess among the remaining places to make such an appeal.

I didn't take away from story time that I shouldn't trust the feds, peaches.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Who says I don't?

That is not what I said either. I said regardless of whether or not the shooting was justified that it was obvious to me from the acts of police and public officials that it showed discrimination and that the prosecutors investigation demonstrated a conflict of interest. i thought the DoJ did a good job of getting out in front of that up.

You still haven't come up with something justifying your bull about the police chief even acknowledging his misrepresentation of the events in the aftermath of the shooting much less shown the retraction you claim he made. We have had this discussion before and that was how it ended last time. You're like Darrin in that you will leave and come back and repeat the same refuted a couple days later. I don't need that anymore the DoJ goes to great lengths showing how it wasn't law enforcement as much as extortion and the courts had clear racial bias.

Why don't you want to talk about that farce of a GJ proceedings the prosecutor held?

No you want to conflate all the protesters with the shooter, beat around the bush, and act coy. Same different day from you.
    The DOJ did a great job getting out in front of that up, did you happen to read their report on Mike Brown?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The DOJ did a great job getting out in front of that up, did you happen to read their report on Mike Brown?
    You have something in the report you want to talk about?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You have something in the report you want to talk about?
    Sure do.

http://www.justice.gov/sites/default...el_brown_1.pdf

Although there are several individuals who have stated that Brown held his hands up in an unambiguous sign of surrender prior to Wilson shooting him dead, their accounts do not support a prosecution of Wilson. As detailed throughout this report, some of those accounts are inaccurate because they are inconsistent with the physical and forensic evidence; some of those accounts are materially inconsistent with that witness’s own prior statements with no explanation, credible for otherwise, as to why those accounts changed over time. Certain other witnesses who originally stated Brown had his hands up in surrender recanted their original accounts, admitting that they did not witness the shooting or parts of it, despite what they initially reported either to federal or local law enforcement or to the media. Prosecutors did not rely on those accounts when making a prosecutive decision.
    While credible witnesses gave varying accounts of exactly what Brown was doing with his hands as he moved toward Wilson – i.e., balling them, holding them out, or pulling up his pants up – and varying accounts of how he was moving – i.e., "charging," moving in "slow motion," or "running" – they all establish that Brown was moving toward Wilson when Wilson shot him. Although some witnesses state that Brown held his hands up at shoulder level with his palms facing outward for a brief moment, these same witnesses describe Brown then dropping his hands and "charging" at Wilson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've already brought that up several times. You want a cookie? Too bad the corrupt police force ed things up and could not come up with a similar professional investigation. I've said that before too.

Having to repeat the same because you're dumb and repe ive is one reason I dislike you so much.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You've already brought that up several times. You want a cookie? Too bad the corrupt police force ed things up and could not come up with a similar professional investigation. I've said that before too.

Having to repeat the same because you're dumb and repe ive is one reason I dislike you so much.
    I wouldn't have to repeat myself if you'd just answer the question the first time it was asked. Having read the DOJ's report on Mike Brown do you still believe the hands up don't shoot narrative?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't have to repeat myself if you'd just answer the question the first time it was asked. Having read the DOJ's report on Mike Brown do you still believe the hands up don't shoot narrative?
    Baby Boo just likes to make up and argue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said I did in the first place. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility because the police were not credible. I don't dispute the DoJ investigation. I have also said that from the beginning. Your critical thinking skills suck. I answered your question several times; just cause its not the answer you wanted is besides the point. You even suck at asking leading questions.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I never said I did in the first place. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility because the police were not credible. I don't dispute the DoJ investigation. I have also said that from the beginning. Your critical thinking skills suck. I answered your question several times; just cause its not the answer you wanted is besides the point. You even suck at asking leading questions.
    Now you are just lying. You argued the hands up don't shoot angle for months, a simple search function will refresh your memory if needed. You've never given a straight answer concerning hands up don't shoot and always try to change the subject to conflict of interest which has nothing to do with the DOJ investigation. I understand you feeling ashamed taking the side of a thug over a police officer in this particular instance but man the up already and admit you were dead wrong, even boutons has done so. SMH.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you are just lying. You argued the hands up don't shoot angle for months, a simple search function will refresh your memory if needed. You've never given a straight answer concerning hands up don't shoot and always try to change the subject to conflict of interest which has nothing to do with the DOJ investigation. I understand you feeling ashamed taking the side of a thug over a police officer in this particular instance but man the up already and admit you were dead wrong, even boutons has done so. SMH.
    I was open to the possibility sure. and yeah shame. . .

you're boring.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You're entertaining

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fleece Force: How Police And Courts Around Ferguson Bully Residents And Collect Millions

The city office has extemely limited business hours, however. The seven-hour drive from Huntsville, Alabama, back to Pasadena Hills also made it difficult for Scott to appear in person. Soon, the city began mailing her threatening letters.

“They sent me a letter and said there would be a warrant out for my arrest if I didn’t come back for this,” Scott told The Huffington Post of her court appearance. “For $10. For parking in front of my house.”

Such experiences are not uncommon in St. Louis County. According to ascathing report from the U.S. Department of Justice released this month, authorities in nearby Ferguson routinely abused the rights of residents, who were viewed "less as cons uents to be protected than as potential offenders and sources of revenue." Attorney General Eric Holder said the Ferguson Police Department had essentially served as a “collection agency,” with officers competing to see who could issue the largest number of citations.

“Everyone’s got a horror story about the police," former St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch told HuffPost in a recent interview. "And most of that horror story relates back to being ticketed for some minor violation."

"If you think that taxation of our citizens through traffic enforcement in St. Louis County is bad, you have no idea how bad it is," Belmar said.

Police are an overwhelming presence in St. Louis County. Nationally, the United States has roughly 2.4 police officers for every 1,000 residents, according to FBI statistics. In many parts of St. Louis County, the ratio is much higher. Beverly Hills, Missouri, with fewer than 600 people covering just 13 blocks, has 14 officers on its police force.

Municipalities in St. Louis County took in $45 million in fines and fees in 2013 -- 34 percent of the amount collected statewide -- according to Better Together St. Louis, a nonprofit working to improve municipal government in the St. Louis region.

Not long after court officially began, the doors were locked behind them. Those who arrived late were not let inside. Arrest warrants would be issued for the late-comers and those who failed to show for any reason.

The threat of incarceration is a brutally effective tool for ensuring that municipal court payments are prioritized in a poor person’s monthly budget. Ferguson was using arrest warrants “almost exclusively for the purpose of compelling payment through the threat of incarceration,”

etc, etc, etc.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...ushpmg00000003

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timeline/infographic, DOJ interventions in local PDs:

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/20...lice-violence/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timeline/infographic, DOJ interventions in local PDs:

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/20...lice-violence/
    Do you think the feds need to handle the oversight or are you just showing that they do it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who else will kick the cops in the nuts when they get out of hand? not rhetorical...rogue PDs are real

are you familiar with the recent furore in Dalton GA over manufactured prosecution?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Justice Department To Sue Ferguson After City Rejects Reform Deal

The Justice Department filed a civil rights lawsuit against the city of Ferguson, Missouri, on Wednesday in an effort to bring an end to what it described as patterns of cons utional violations by the city's police department and municipal court.

The decision comes after Ferguson rejected a negotiated deal that would have set the St. Louis suburb on a path towards reforming its police department.

The original deal was arranged over 11 months after the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division released a damning report last March chronicling routine patterns of cons utional abuses in the city, where an overwhelmingly white police force preyed on black residents who many officers saw "less as cons uents to be protected than as potential offenders and sources of revenue."

The report chronicled a corrupt local government, where officials in the police department and the municipal court “worked in concert to maximize revenue at every stage of the enforcement process” for several years. The Justice Department also released troubling emails from Ferguson officials that referred to President Barack Obama as a "chimpanzee" and African-Americans as having "no frigging clue who their Daddies are."

Some of the progressive changes in the negotiated deal would have included pushing police to practice de-escalation tactics without using force, mandated extensive training for officers and making city officials engage with minority groups that have had negative experiences with the police department.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...Alert-politics

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Black Lives Matter activist killed himself on the steps of the Ohio Statehouse, authorities said. MarShawn McCarrel's family said his emotionally draining work may well have taken a toll on him. The 23-yearold shot himself in front of the Columbus building Monday night, Lt. Craig Cvetan of the State Highway Patrol told the Columbus Dispatch.
    “My demons won today. I'm sorry,” the activist, who recently attended the NAACP Image Awards, posted on his Facebook page about 3 p.m., just hours before his body was found near the Statehouse.

His last tweet read: “Let the record show that I pissed on the state house before I left.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2525393

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ferguson will lose. Just desserts for predatory policing.

Thread Information