My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11-Year-Old Boy Kills 12-Year-Old Brother In Target-Shooting Accident

A 12-year-old boy from South Carolina was shot and killed Friday by his younger brother during a target-shooting outing, according to CantonRep.com.

“It was an accident,” county Sheriff Dale Williams said Monday, according to the report. “It (shooter) was a juvenile. It was a brother. His brother was 11 years old.”

The victim, Joseph Baily, suffered a head wound from a handgun and was pronounced dead on the scene. The family was visiting a range in Ohio, according to the report.

Although the shooting was ruled accidental, local authorities could file charges against whoever left the weapon unsecured.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

Freedom!

2nd Amendment!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michigan woman with concealed carry permit opens fire at alleged Home Depot shoplifters

Police in Auburn Hills, Michigan are investigating whether or not to charge a conceal carry permit holder who opened fire at alleged shoplifters at a Home Depot store.

According to The Detroit News, the 47-year-old woman was watching from the store’s parking lot on Tuesday as a loss prevention officer appeared to be trying to stop a shoplifter.

When the suspects tried to flee in a dark SUV, the woman pulled out her concealed 9mm handgun and began shooting.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/mich...e+Raw+Story%29

attempted murder, get her to prison for a decade at least

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol she shot the tires not at the lady

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chi has more killings then anywhere in usa and has the toughest gun law
    blacks shooting blacks
    I would bet mostly over drugs and pussy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Citing concerns with campus carry, professor emeritus to withdraw from University (of Texas)

Published on October 7, 2015
    BY SAMANTHA KETTERER

Economics professor emeritus Daniel Hamermesh will withdraw from his position next fall, citing concerns with campus carry legislation.

The law will allow the concealed carry of guns in campus buildings beginning Aug. 1, 2016. Hamermesh said he is not comfortable with the risk of having a student shoot at him in class. He teaches a course with 475 students enrolled, according to a letter Hamermesh wrote Sunday to UT President Gregory Fenves.

“With a huge group of students, my perception is that the risk that a disgruntled student might bring a gun into the classroom and start shooting at me has been substantially enhanced by the concealed-carry law,” Hamermesh wrote in the letter.

Hamermesh, who said he is under contract to teach his course in fall 2016 and fall 2017, said he will complete the semester at UT and will teach at the University of Sydney next fall.

Hamermesh said he thinks the legislation will impact the University’s ability to draw new faculty and staff to work at UT.

“My guess is somebody thinking about coming to Texas is going to think twice about being a professor here,” Hamermesh said. “It’s going to make it more difficult for Texas to compete in the market for faculty.”

Hamermesh has taught at several universities since 1969, and his research has been published in more than 100 scholarly journals, according to the Economics Department.

Megan Burke, a psychology sop re in Hamermesh’s class, said she thinks UT will lose a great professor in Hamermesh because of the new campus carry policy.

“I am really sad that professor Hamermesh will be leaving UT,” Burke said. “Hamermesh is a great professor with a lot of experience and is highly respected in his community, so it is a shame that he will be leaving UT. I do agree with his reasoning to leave, because campus carry does put him at a higher risk, so it makes sense that he would teach at a ‘safer’ university."

University spokesperson Gary Susswein said the University is continuing to work with a campus carry working group to determine how to implement the law on campus, including determining possible locations of gun-free zones.

“We understand the concerns that Dr. Hamermesh and other faculty members have raised about their classroom and ask that the campus community continue to work with University leadership in developing policies for implementing this new state law,” Susswein said.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    “With a huge group of students, my perception is that the risk that a disgruntled student might bring a gun into the classroom and start shooting at me has been substantially enhanced by the concealed-carry law,” Hamermesh wrote in the letter.

So before the concealed carry law this same disgruntled student would not have brought a gun on campus to shoot him because that would have been illegal what a ing moron

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So before the concealed carry law this same disgruntled student would not have brought a gun on campus to shoot him because that would have been illegal what a ing moron
    with a LOT MORE guns on campus, MORE GUNS = MORE GUN VIOLENCE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^that's just VLWC talking...

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    How many times are you going to ignore the facts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many times are you going to ignore the facts
    silly . gun violence = homicides + suicides + accidental gun deaths + ALL non-fatal injuries from gun shots.

in USA, avg of 90 gun deaths PER DAY, plus probably 2 or 3 times that PER DAY in gun shot injuries.

It's a ing ed up country, in large part due to you gun-crazy gun fellators, the NRA/GOA/gun-industry, and the corrupt politician s hired to loosen or block all gun regulations.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    silly . gun violence = homicides + suicides + accidental gun deaths + ALL non-fatal injuries from gun shots.

in USA, avg of 90 gun deaths PER DAY, plus probably 2 or 3 times that PER DAY in gun shot injuries.

It's a ing ed up country, in large part due to you gun-crazy gun fellators, the NRA/GOA/gun-industry, and the corrupt politician s hired to loosen or block all gun regulations.
    Suicides account for 60%+ of gun deaths and should be discussed separately if you want to talk about gun violence, imo. The highest group committing suicide by gun are 65+ year old men, consider it a cheaper version of assisted suicide which I'm sure you are in favor of.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suicides account for 60%+ of gun deaths and should be discussed separately
    nope, excessively easy access to guns enables way too many easy, successful suicides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope, excessively easy access to guns enables way too many easy, successful suicides.
    lol VLWC

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dallas Cowboys fans urge gunman to shoot helpless man in the head during tailgating brawl — and he does

The New York Daily News reported that the shooting took place at AT&T stadium in Arlington about an hour after the New England Patriots beat the Dallas Cowboys 30-6.

Witnesses reported that the two men got into an argument, which escalated to a fistfight. Then, as the gunman held his weapon to the head of the victim, the crowd urged him to shoot, which he did.

Paramedics and police were called to the scene and the unnamed victim, a male in his early 40s, was taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.

The shooter was apprehended by police after he tripped over a low retaining wall and injured his leg while trying to flee the scene.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/dall...e+Raw+Story%29

ing TX, polluted with less gun fellators and Christian Taliban

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy, 10, fatally shot in Utah hunting accident: authorities

create memories, enjoy nature, and bring family and friends closer,

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...e=domesticNews

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    South Carolina 2-year-old shoots grandma in the back after finding .357 revolver in car

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/sout...e+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago 6-year-old shot and killed 3-year-old brother with father’s new gun: police

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/chic...e+Raw+Story%29

Just 100% acceptable collateral damage from pumping up gun industry profits behind the perverse interpretation and charade of 2nd Amendment BULL

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Chicago 6-year-old shot and killed 3-year-old brother with father’s new gun: police

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/chic...e+Raw+Story%29

Just 100% acceptable collateral damage from pumping up gun industry profits behind the perverse interpretation and charade of 2nd Amendment BULL

Gang member acquired gun illegally from other gang member and is now facing two felony charges. He'll pay dearly for the collateral damage.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gang member acquired gun illegally from other gang member and is now facing two felony charges. He'll pay dearly for the collateral damage.
    ... because you gun fellators have enabled flooding the USA with 300M+ guns to enrich the gun industry.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kansas Man Accidentally Shoots Himself In Leg During Movie

A man accidentally shot himself in the leg during a Friday night showing of "Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials" in the central-Kansas city of Salina.

Cody Deneault, 24, was adjusting the handgun in his pants pocket during the film when it went off, according to the Salina Post on Monday.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...+%28TPMNews%29

safety off, ed, loaded?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    South Carolina man arrested with almost 10,000 stolen guns

“He was hoarding most of it, but it’s all stolen material from all over numerous counties

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/south-carolina-man-arrested-with-almost-10000-stolen-guns/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas woman with a concealed gun accidentally shoots a patient in her doctor's office

A witness told KCEN's sister station 12News that a woman was in the waiting room of a medical office. When she reached into her purse to pull out some paperwork, a gun fell out of her purse causing it to discharge. The round went through a wall and hit another patient in the hip.Bobby Pressley was in the waiting room when it happened.

"Everyone was sitting in the waiting room and there was a gun shot. A woman dropped her purse down on the counter and it shot through the wall and shot another lady," said Pressley.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/1...octor-s-office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    South Carolina man arrested with almost 10,000 stolen guns

“He was hoarding most of it, but it’s all stolen material from all over numerous counties

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/south-carolina-man-arrested-with-almost-10000-stolen-guns/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29
    i dont think anybody on spurstalk advocates illegal ownership of firearms

Thread Information