Don't come to Austin then.
    Been once.

Was exactly like this.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I know exactly how a bike lane works and I know that it impedes cars from making right hand turns because the cars have to yield for the morons riding their bikes.
    Yeah, the ten extra seconds it takes for a bike to get through the intersection before I can make a right turn is pure .

especially on the 1 day a year it happens

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah, the ten extra seconds it takes for a bike to get through the intersection before I can make a right turn is pure .

especially on the 1 day a year it happens
    Why do bikers feel the need to travel on roads meant for motor vehicles? Why can't the bikers ride on the trails in parks or in neighborhoods where the speed limits are much lower than main roads?
    Riding a bike on a busy road is pure trouble.

Stay off the road if you are not in a motor vehicle.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Miami Heat
    the military base nearby might be the reason imho. they won't allow any skyscrapers to be built in san antonio because they might otherwise block the lanes of fighting jets

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Eh, there's a reason I live in LA, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    College
    Oregon Ducks
    Why do bikers feel the need to travel on roads meant for motor vehicles? Why can't the bikers ride on the trails in parks or in neighborhoods where the speed limits are much lower than main roads?
    Riding a bike on a busy road is pure trouble.

Stay off the road if you are not in a motor vehicle.
    I ask myself the same thing. Beside each busy main commercial road where parking space is taken for a bike lane, is another street going the same place with residential speeds. I haven't been able to understand such insanity.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So you are just another crazy San Antonio local who thinks the cesspool you live in is just heaven on earth.
    Im from SA, but have lived in other states/territories out of Texas. I must be in the minority because when I visit other places or live in other areas away from home I tend to find the things I like about that area and really enjoy them. I've gained life long friends and have a lot of fond memories from those places.

However for whatever ing reason I've known people from cali that come to SA and totally on this area. The funny thing is that their entire family decided to move here. Why is that? Why not move to a place that you would enjoy? My impression of people from cali is that they have hatred and a chip on their shoulder and think their don't stink then bring that higher than thou at ude here.

Go home if you don't like it here. Most of us wont miss you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My first night here some friends took me downtown.

Once I got done laughing at how ty it all looked, they decided to take me "uptown" to some crap off Broadway just inside the 410 Loop called Alamo Heights.

If that is what San Antonio considers upscale, then well, I just don't know.

I did hook up with another group of friends and they took me to some nice places. Stone Oak seemed nice as did some areas near the 1604 and Blanco but a lot of San Antonio just seems so 'meh and ing rough.

Nice people for the most part but then again I don't speak Spanish that well so I have no clue what they are saying.

I guess it was true when people told me Texas ended when you crossed into San Antonio city limits.

All in all, North Mexico isn't so bad I guess. Just wish there could be a few less careless drivers.
    You should probably go back to California, but you probably got priced out anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Things I know:

1) Virtually every city has these hipster untermenschen who and moan and snark about the cities they live in and say a bunch of racist about the minorities because it's "ironic." Austin has more than San Antonio does. Ignore them, play the knockout game with them, shoot them in the face, whatever.

2) San Antonio is a of a lot larger and wealthier than it used to be. It used to be easy to get from point A to point B but now it is a huge pain in the ass like Austin was 10-15 years ago. All the other people complain about existed 30 years ago and the ing and moaning is nostalgia for a place that never actually existed.

3) Re: "illegals." To most San Antonio Anglos, a Hispanic could have been born in the U.S., with his family having been in Texas since the 1830's, and his great-grandfather having stormed the ing beach at Normandy, but as far as they're concerned he's still an "illegal." The term refers not nearly as much to the immigration status of a Hispanic as it does to the sentiment that Anglos wish that Hispanics could simply be banned outright. This is because Anglos in other cities (i.e. Austin, Dallas) consider San Antonio Anglos to be Mexicanized half-breeds rather than fully white people, and therefore the SA Anglos take out their resentment on the Mexicans.

4) People on the east side probably thought the AT&T Center meant that they wouldn't have to pay their phone bill anymore.
    It's funny that SA is completely Spanish in culture yet people want the Mexicans to get out of what used to be Mexico. They want San Antonio to be renamed "Saint Anthony" I suppose.

Then again, there's a difference between Hispanics and Mexicans, and a difference between border town Mexican and Mexico City Mexican. You can normally spot the differences right away so I don't need to point them out here.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    the military base nearby might be the reason imho. they won't allow any skyscrapers to be built in san antonio because they might otherwise block the lanes of fighting jets
    Decent in theory but IRL ever massive city has an airport that has flights coming and going all the time. Their flight paths aren't random so they don't fly into buildings (except in NYC).

Fighter jets have ingress and egress routes and they don't get into the maneuvering until they are well away from populated areas.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Im from SA, but have lived in other states/territories out of Texas. I must be in the minority because when I visit other places or live in other areas away from home I tend to find the things I like about that area and really enjoy them. I've gained life long friends and have a lot of fond memories from those places.

However for whatever ing reason I've known people from cali that come to SA and totally on this area. The funny thing is that their entire family decided to move here. Why is that? Why not move to a place that you would enjoy? My impression of people from cali is that they have hatred and a chip on their shoulder and think their don't stink then bring that higher than thou at ude here.

Go home if you don't like it here. Most of us wont miss you.
    Your at ude is the EXACT problem with San Antonio. You spew out that garbage about "if you dont like it, leave it!!!" and you people in San Antonio apply that to EVERYTHING.
    Don't like traffic on the 1604? GET THE OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!

Don't like the SPURS?? GET THE OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

Don't drink beer? GET THE OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

Don't appreciate the Mexican culture? GET THE OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

How about expanding and growing as a person(not just in waistlines) and open yourself to new ideas?

You should probably go back to California, but you probably got priced out anyway.
    No. I did not get priced out. My job MADE me come to San Antonio and I promise you the second I can leave this place, I will.

Until then, I will exploit San Antonio for all the money I can and I will upon this city for being second rate and low class.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    So second rate and low class that you can't get better money elsewhere. Sucks for you.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    uh, losers.....1604 was a road used for truckers to by pass the city......thats what it was. Nobody in town thought the city would grow as fast and as far as it has. 15-17 years ago there wasn't on 1604. So you ers that came here and over crowded our beautiful city can SUCK IT now.

P.S. people from Texas don't refer to highways as "the". off and go back to the West Coast.

Regarding traffic in SA,

The 1604 Loop and the 410 Loop are both good ideas yet very poorly executed.

Why in the in The 1604 only a true freeway(no traffic lights) only at the Northern arc? Why in the world would there be a freeway with traffic lights? LOL at the traffic pileup everyday past Bandera Rd on the 1604. The alleged superstreet really helps none.

Also no overpasses from the 1604 to the 281? LOL

and also LOL @ cloverleaf interchanges at the 35 and the 1604. Road infrastructure in San Antonio is just laughable and comparable to some small town in Iowa as far as I am concerned.

One last thing..

I have never seen people get so worked up over the possibility of toll roads. Are people in SA really that poor or can they not understand that toll roads are going to be built as an option...not a mandate?

Otherwise, San Antonio has charming elements and potential. But the roads suck almost as badly as the drivers here.

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Seriously though, can one of the civil engineers here give an answer as to whether a skyscraper can be stable when the average weight of those in it is 260+?

Believe.
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I appreciate that San Antonio is the only place in modern America where you can be considered well off financially when making 35K a year.

My job pays me at 58k and that seems to put me in the high brackets in san antonio
    What you don't get is that for many they DO appreciate being able to raise a family on 35K a year. If you can't then you are living out of your means.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm from here and I do wish SA wAs more progressive and a little less ghetto but what annoys me are these people moving here for whatever reason and overcrowding the faster thAn it is able to grow. It really ridiculous how many people are here now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Your at ude is the EXACT problem with San Antonio. You spew out that garbage about "if you dont like it, leave it!!!" and you people in San Antonio apply that to EVERYTHING.
    Don't like traffic on the 1604? GET THE OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!

Don't like the SPURS?? GET THE OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

Don't drink beer? GET THE OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

Don't appreciate the Mexican culture? GET THE OUTTA SAN ANTONIO!!!!

How about expanding and growing as a person(not just in waistlines) and open yourself to new ideas?

No. I did not get priced out. My job MADE me come to San Antonio and I promise you the second I can leave this place, I will.

Until then, I will exploit San Antonio for all the money I can and I will upon this city for being second rate and low class.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Downtown has no life, in my opinion.

I have never seen a big city with a ty downtown...then I came to San Antonio..
    this is because you don't know Detroit tbh

00 06 12 13 20 21 32 44 5 bus driver's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish
    So second rate and low class that you can't get better money elsewhere. Sucks for you.

this thread is a classic

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I'm from here and I do wish SA wAs more progressive and a little less ghetto but what annoys me are these people moving here for whatever reason and overcrowding the faster thAn it is able to grow. It really ridiculous how many people are here now.
    I agree

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I lived in NY for 4 years and I don't think I ever went above the 5th floor in any building and I didn't own a car just took the subway or a cab.

Thread Information