Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn how a year can change things...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't change anything, really. James has and always will be a vastly superior player.
    I just meant everyone slobbing KDs knob.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i actually am a KD fan like the OP, but without Stern's ref rigging, we wouldn't be comparing him to Lebron tbh. He is great in his own way, but he won't ever be as dynamic as Lebron.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ma benefactor will receive a lot of for this
    Somehow I feel off the hook for my failed prediction about det Thunder. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow I feel off the hook for my failed prediction about det Thunder. lol
    I'm letting ya. I'm waiting for that old DMC to show up tho and toast him per par depends if I'm bored

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta love bumps like these

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    crofl me

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm not ready to eulogize him just yet. Even the Kang got his pushed every year, before he colluded and joined the class of 2003 in Miami.

Durant is what - 24? He's still years from his prime. LBJ is already at his peak. Durant hasn't reached his. Not even close IMO.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah...he's an easy target right now but unless some other prodigy shows up he will likely get there in the next few seasons. James will be 30 in two years and after 12 seasons of his large frame pounding on those legs his body will probably start to turn on him. Durant could easily go the Dirk route and turn alpha later in his career.

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    epic bump

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    I'm not ready to eulogize him just yet. Even the Kang got his pushed every year, before he colluded and joined the class of 2003 in Miami.

Durant is what - 24? He's still years from his prime. LBJ is already at his peak. Durant hasn't reached his. Not even close IMO.
    Before Miami, what teammate did LeBron have that compared to Ibaka, Harden or Westbrook? I'll wait...

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Before Miami, what teammate did LeBron have that compared to Ibaka, Harden or Westbrook? I'll wait...
    zydrunas ilgauskas the white abaka, oh wait

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Durant has Kevin Martin too who is better than Larry Hughes and arguably as good as Mo Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thats not what you said though. Despite those factors, you called him the best last year.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You're deflecting. Fact: the Cavs stockpiled several lottery players due to years of sucking. Then, like the Spurs did for TD, they tanked to get LBJ (great move btw ). After LBJ came onboard, everything revolved around him. Every player drafted, traded for, or acquired thru FA was designed to compliment his game. It was his team.

That being said, he had players around him to make noise. The east was weak starting around 2005. So when he took them to the Finals in 2007, and got his thoroughly pushed in, it was no surprise.

But to answer your question, no he didn't have the caliber of young players you mentioned. When he lost, he got a pass on this very board because of this reason (I know of a certain player in LA that doesn't get a pass, who had an even tier set of teammates that gets blamed for "missing the playoffs in his prime" but that's off topic for now).

Boiled down, he didn't win until he colluded. You can if you want, but these be the facts. He did something no true all-time great would have done: join other stars in order to win. Even MJ said as much. So in my book, every ring he wins gets an * like them 1999 NBA champs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thats not what you said though. Despite those factors, you called him the best last year.
    I was wrong. LBJ is the best player in the world - for now. I think that Durant is a monster in the making. I think he needs to get his skinny ass in the gym and put on about 25lbs of muscle. If he does that, he will surpass LBJ as the best player in the L IMO. LBJ is clearly better right now, but I think KD is nowhere near his ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I was wrong. LBJ is the best player in the world - for now. I think that Durant is a monster in the making. I think he needs to get his skinny ass in the gym and put on about 25lbs of muscle. If he does that, he will surpass LBJ as the best player in the L IMO. LBJ is clearly better right now, but I think KD is nowhere near his ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can never understand how can people think someone may put up 25lbs of muscle without slowing down. While basketball and football are probably the only sports where fat can actually serve a purpose, i don't think it would help Durant at all. To put up 25lbs with proteins alone in a year it would take a crazy amount of effort, i really don't see that happening.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2013 Playoffs KD v. LBJ

30.8 ppg - 24.0ppg
    9.3rpg - 7.3rpg
    6.3apg - 7.3apg
    45.5% - 51.8%

He is basically a one man gang out there and doesn't have nearly the supporting cast LBJ has around him. Put KD on the 2013 Heat team in place of LBJ, and I'd argue they wouldn't skip a beat. Put LBJ in OKC without WB, and he's fishing too. We've seen the results of LBJ teams outside of Miami.

Flyer than I have to be oh crap's Avatar
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    2013 Playoffs KD v. LBJ

30.8 ppg - 24.0ppg
    9.3rpg - 7.3rpg
    6.3apg - 7.3apg
    45.5% - 51.8%

He is basically a one man gang out there and doesn't have nearly the supporting cast LBJ has around him. Put KD on the 2013 Heat team in place of LBJ, and I'd argue they wouldn't skip a beat. Put LBJ in OKC without WB, and he's fishing too. We've seen the results of LBJ teams outside of Miami.
    Not often I agree with laker fan, but I whole heartedly agree here.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    i can never understand how can people think someone may put up 25lbs of muscle without slowing down. While basketball and football are probably the only sports where fat can actually serve a purpose, i don't think it would help Durant at all. To put up 25lbs with proteins alone in a year it would take a crazy amount of effort, i really don't see that happening.
    KG is bigger than he was as an 18-year old rook. It didn't slow him down. If anything, adding muscle will make Durant stronger in the post which will also will help him be a stronger defender. , LBJ is bigger than he was as a rook. Did he lose speed?

-10 points for you son.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not often I agree with laker fan, but I whole heartedly agree here.

Thread Information