Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I assume Pop bc a lot of these guys, the first round picks especially play a different ball when young. They are talented enough to be top players in their youth teams and in their college teams. Even in the dleague they stand out. You send them to summer league and they stand out. In all those teams they play with the ball a lot bc they are frankly the best players in any of those lower leagues but the NBA is a different animal and you can't play youth ball or dleague ball there.

You have to play differently. Part of it is,if Pop doesn't play them regularly it's thought to learn any consistency. Not enough reps, not enough against good compe ion etc. The other part is correcting guys when they do play, teaching, which is why all these coaches have an easier time playing vets. The young players do need to play in a different league, and off their leaders. I don't see enough cutting and screen setting inn the young players except for Kyle, who has adapted to playing off the ball and is always setting screens off the ball, cutting and/or sending others to cut. MAny of the other are just standing around when someone else has the ball. It's been a pet peeve I have had for a while.

But you mention a good point in that if players can't pass the ball well like LMA (who can't) then others aren't that active off the ball bc they aren't going to get the ball. Lack of talented passing is an issue in the SL at times. In general though the younger players tend to not be active enough cutting or screening off the ball.
    I agree those guys need more reps. I just think it's tough to say what the coaching staff is or isn't teaching, because frankly we have no idea what they're showing them during film sessions or walk-throughs or whatever. This is a coach who is big on guys playing fundamental basketball, and moving without the ball and/or cutting is a very basic fundamental aspect of the game.

I think the more reps they get, the more chemistry they'll develop and hopefully we'll see some more fluidity in the offense. Having that guy who can pass at the key is very important though. I could see Anderson being that guy at times, and Lee actually has good vision/IQ to make that pass as well. We'll see what our roster is looking like next season

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With LA it's mental not talent which gives me hope. There was a stretch there when LA was passing pretty good I thought. You can tell when LA isn't feeling confident, everything looks awkward and forced and hes jacking up turnarounds leaning so far back his back is parallel to the ground.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With LA it's mental not talent which gives me hope. There was a stretch there when LA was passing pretty good I thought. You can tell when LA isn't feeling confident, everything looks awkward and forced and hes jacking up turnarounds leaning so far back his back is parallel to the ground.
    This was funny skulls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zaza's dirty job on him, the feeling of helplessness for not being able to help his team because of that, will only make him work OVER THE TOP in the Offseason to knock this posers down.

I'm talking about Michael Jordan type of Championship Season.

Book IT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Bud coming back to coach the Spurs??

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's very likely that Kawhi has reached his peak. Let's just hope he's not injury prone.

LA needs to focus, so he can condition, so he can gain consistency.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's very likely that Kawhi has reached his peak. Let's just hope he's not injury prone.

LA needs to focus, so he can condition, so he can gain consistency.
    Very good chance he hasn't reached his peak yet considering how much How works to improve his game every off season.
    Not worried about him being injury prrone. Him sitting out the rest of the series had more to do with pop then Kawhi

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very good chance he hasn't reached his peak yet considering how much How works to improve his game every off season.
    Not worried about him being injury prrone. Him sitting out the rest of the series had more to do with pop then Kawhi
    I still want to know if he could have played or if it was all Pop that shut him down so that his favourite team could advance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still want to know if he could have played or if it was all Pop that shut him down so that his favourite team could advance.
    I'm leaning towards him being able to play and pop not letting him. He wouldn't have been 100% but he wasn't 100% to begin he series anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He almost certainly has reached his physical peak but his skills, experience and decision making likely are still improving. The best version of Kawhi that will ever exist should hit sometime in the next 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will all witness the "Return of the Kawhi"
    "Return of the Jedi" is Star Wars Episode 6 , will "Return of the Kawhi" bring San Antonio it's 6th NBA le?? TBD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Return of the Jedi" is Star Wars Episode 6 , will "Return of the Kawhi" bring San Antonio it's 6th NBA le?? TBD
    Considering Zaza (Vader) slashed Kawhi's (Luke) ankle off this season = Empire Strikes Back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering Zaza (Vader) slashed Kawhi's (Luke) ankle off this season = Empire Strikes Back
    So Zaza is Kawhi's father?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Plot twist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanna get off Silver's crazy ride!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well typically a series takes a hiatus after a trilogy (unless you are fast and the furious), so we should be good for next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Bleacher Report has been parodying the wrong series this whole time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He might be work hard to refine his skills but not gain anymore. If he becomes more versatile he will destroy the league of course, but it starts to be hard for him to keep going dragon ball during the summer. Would love to be wrong though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He almost certainly has reached his physical peak but his skills, experience and decision making likely are still improving. The best version of Kawhi that will ever exist should hit sometime in the next 3 years.
    The mental aspect, definitely.

Point is, Kawhi is awesome right now.
    Unless his heart doesn't let him, we need LA to find some 80s montage level of motivation so he can finally start a season ready, for the Spurs.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #TheDisrespect

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is probably in the gym right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fuel to the fire baby! Lets get it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win MVP and Defensive Player next year Kawhi........

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14. Big Dude at the end of the bench. - ? I cant even remember his name right now.
    Boban?

Thread Information