Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    haven't seen Brazil this mad since he was told Zidane is a top 50 player all time, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of understand Brazil going nuts over this particular game...
    it seems like Kawhi was still sick and had a piss poor game for his standards... I think it's very likely Pop asked others to be aggressive. I am actually tending to think Tony was doing what Pop wanted. It is true that if he deviates from the plan, Pop has no trouble in yelling at him from the sidelines or benching him for Mills if he needs to.

but seeing Brazil this crazy is funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ... I'm not mad... it is not because it has been a while since I regulated an idiot that I'm mad, I'm just with low stupidity tolerance today

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    brazil says parker has been done and still wants him starting get over him.

patty should be starting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i wanted to trade tp last year when people thought he was playing at all star level, when he had trade value.

you and brazil thought it was a terrible idea. why didn't the two of you use your brains then?
    Holy cow

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    spurs AST% is -6 with parker on the court. it's +10 with patty on the court. +16 difference.

patty won't be the best starting PG, but he'll be better than parker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty's too small and too limited of a playmaker to start for this team, he also has perfect chemistry with Manu and there's no need to up with our bench backcourt
    We're gonna leave and die by Parker, I don't think he's good enough to be the starting PG for a championship team, but I'll take him looking as aggressive and spry as he has the last few games, we still stand a chance if Kawhi and LMA play up to their level and the others just do their thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs AST% is -6 with parker on the court. it's +10 with patty on the court. +16 difference.

patty won't be the best starting PG, but he'll be better than parker.
    & I guess you don't think that has to do with the personnel either i guess huh

Starters have guys who play more 1 on 1 ball, vs the 2nd unit that relies on ball movement to create open looks.

Parker leads the team in all or most passing categories if i'm not mistaken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

patty should be starting.

At this point conclusion is you are just mentally challenged tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finley was not better than Ginobili. Still It made sense for him to start.

I guess you don't care about how the starting unit complement each other, how the bench unit complement each other, and how the bench unit have to be solid enough to keep/increase a lead.

Pop decide if Parker > Mills on a given night by picking who play in the last 5 minutes. And this season it has been mostly Mills

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    & I guess you don't think that has to do with the personnel either i guess huh

Starters have guys who play more 1 on 1 ball, vs the 2nd unit that relies on ball movement to create open looks.
    right, because patty NEVER plays with green, kawhi, lma, gasol

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I guess you don't care about how the starting unit complement each other, how the bench unit complement each other, and how the bench unit have to be solid enough to keep/increase a lead.
    parker doesn't compliment anyone at this point.

people should stop acting like he's a chris paul type play maker. parker gets his assists from passing to someone who takes a jumper. he does not help get kawhi easy buckets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    right, because patty NEVER plays with green, kawhi, lma, gasol
    Mills numbers (albeit limited minutes) with that crew are WORSE than TPs. You've already been shown this by Mid.

Then BKYLN showed you that TP, by almost every single metric leads the team in passing accounting for all sorts of variables.

You're just wrong.

It's ok to have an opinion that Mills fits with the SL better and that perhaps with a bigger sample it would work out. But nothing you say backs that up at this point and most of what you say is completely stupid.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    There are just one too many underdeveloped millennials on the Board. Immaturity infects all their posts, even when they have something insightful to say (a rarity, but it happens).

Parker is an old vet who lost speed. So what. He is still a quality player. It's amazing the high standards these posters set for him. It's like - isn't this some little French guy that was a late first round pick in 2001? Boo ing hoo that he isn't an MVP contender anymore. Spurfan can be so spoiled.

And I personally would rather see the Spurs win than any single player "get his", if it comes at the expense of winning. I think Pop should have all options on the table for that. Playing Kyle at point (not likely to work, but I'm not a coach), TP off the bench, or keep the current rotation.
    damn millenials messing up ST

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said a million times I'd love TP to play off the bench, people are just focusing on age but he has tons of minutes played more than Manu and it is not even close. (of course age is a big factor independently of number of minutes played but overlooking minutes and games played is plain silly especially for a undersized, underpowered guard like TP relying a lot on his speed). So yeah at this point of his career that would be the best for him. Can Patty start ? sure... he will bring more spacing but also worst ball handling and passing (again kawhi is no Lebron, SL needs ball handling actually) which would be highly problematic with Green also struggling there. With this roster, I am perfectly fine with what Pop is doing:

- play Parker on the SL
    - ask Parker to be agressive if opponents choose to dare him to beat them
    - play Patty roughly same amount of minutes mixing up line ups
    - play Patty on most games the last 5 mn of the games

You can have different view or opinion on that but you are a moron if you harshly call out Pop to run with that because it is simply a very reasonable way to approach the guard rotation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    parker doesn't compliment anyone at this point.

people should stop acting like he's a chris paul type play maker. parker gets his assists from passing to someone who takes a jumper. he does not help get kawhi easy buckets.
    That's right he doesn't help Kawhi. He helps Gasol and LMA

Mills is not very good at running the pick & roll and It's the easy way to get open shot for Gasol and LMA early in the game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As I said a million times I'd love TP to play off the bench, people are just focusing on age but he has tons of minutes played more than Manu and it is not even close. (of course age is a big factor independently of number of minutes played but overlooking minutes and games played is plain silly especially for a undersized, underpowered guard like TP relying a lot on his speed). So yeah at this point of his career that would be the best for him. Can Patty start ? sure... he will bring more spacing but also worst ball handling and passing (again kawhi is no Lebron, SL needs ball handling actually) which would be highly problematic with Green also struggling there. With this roster, I am perfectly fine with what Pop is doing:

- play Parker on the SL
    - ask Parker to be agressive if opponents choose to dare him to beat them
    - play Patty roughly same amount of minutes mixing up line ups
    - play Patty on most games the last 5 mn of the games
    Well said.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's right he doesn't help Kawhi. He helps Gasol and LMA

Mills is not very good at running the pick & roll and It's the easy way to get open shot for Gasol and LMA early in the game
    And if you think TP is bad at defense wait until you start Patty and he has to guard Westbrook or anyone. Wait until you see how teams press Mills because they know his handle is weak (for a PG) and the issues that creates.

We've seen these things before and that is not a knock on Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And as Brazil said, it would be easier for Parker to play off the bench. Guarding weaker opponent and playing against poor defense.

The only thing IMO you can blame Parker is taking a contract that big this late in his career. That's why we don't have a decent PG starter that would allow Parker to play off the bench.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know if anybody notices but Pops is loyal and everyone gets their turn good or bad and I personally agree with that philosophy. Reason being is that if Pops starts rearranging things and letting the young guys start over the vets AND IT GOES WRONG, the were F'd in the A. Of course guys like Gasol and Lee get to cut in line because they are still vets though from another team. But its also why Parker is starting (though I think hes still the best PG), Anderson and Simmons are playing and Dedmon isnt etc.. No one can feel like they were treated unfairly and teammates never feel threatened someones going to take their spot so it makes for a good, relaxed lockeroom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect PG dynamic tonight

Parker ran the offense effectively, took what the defense gave him, and didn't let Lowry go off since he's taller than 5'8". House did his thing and hit a couple of 3s.

When Parker and House are in sync per their roles, you see the potential this team has, which is why I'm willing to "gamble" on the Frenchie again. Again, this is situation the FO created with this roster design. You just have to accept it. House starting isn't a cure for Parker's shortcomings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know if anybody notices but Pops is loyal and everyone gets their turn good or bad and I personally agree with that philosophy. Reason being is that if Pops starts rearranging things and letting the young guys start over the vets AND IT GOES WRONG, the were F'd in the A. Of course guys like Gasol and Lee get to cut in line because they are still vets though from another team. But its also why Parker is starting (though I think hes still the best PG), Anderson and Simmons are playing and Dedmon isnt etc.. No one can feel like they were treated unfairly and teammates never feel threatened someones going to take their spot so it makes for a good, relaxed lockeroom.
    You have a great point. It should also make it easier to accept when another is better than you bc it will be evident and both youngster and vet will have gotten enough chances to confirm it. If the guy is not a cancer he could still stay in the team and help when there are opportunities, which Bonner did even though others relegated him in the rotation more and more until Davis finally took his spot.

I am sure there are other examples I don't know about. Cojo/mills and Simmons/Anderson is a new one with Murray/Bertans next, etc. It's just tougher when talking about veterans and in this case Pop can justify changes better depending on matchups or whether he needs more shooting, or more defense and that may be that, unless someone is coasting to such a degree that Pop has lost faith in him and will sit him like Boris.. the only one I have known that about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect PG dynamic tonight

Parker ran the offense effectively, took what the defense gave him, and didn't let Lowry go off since he's taller than 5'8". House did his thing and hit a couple of 3s.

When Parker and House are in sync per their roles, you see the potential this team has, which is why I'm willing to "gamble" on the Frenchie again. Again, this is situation the FO created with this roster design. You just have to accept it. House starting isn't a cure for Parker's shortcomings.
    He had a great game and has been playing well lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was gunning tonight. Leonard and Aldridge had a big first half but in the 3rd Parker was like " it, I'm bout to get mines.." Even in the first half, he did a great dribble behind the back thru traffic and found Leonard open for a 3. He was HOT. Then the next play, leonard was standing on the wing wide open for about 3 or 4 seconds and Parker just looking him off until he had no choice but to pass it and it was knocked out of bounds. He's a ing problem. And this is gonna us up in the playoffs. yeah yeah, I know he was scoring, but in the playoffs, he's gonna be facing better pgs than he has the past 3 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker was gunning tonight. Leonard and Aldridge had a big first half but in the 3rd Parker was like " it, I'm bout to get mines.." Even in the first half, he did a great dribble behind the back thru traffic and found Leonard open for a 3. He was HOT. Then the next play, leonard was standing on the wing wide open for about 3 or 4 seconds and Parker just looking him off until he had no choice but to pass it and it was knocked out of bounds. He's a ing problem. And this is gonna us up in the playoffs. yeah yeah, I know he was scoring, but in the playoffs, he's gonna be facing better pgs than he has the past 3 games.
    Lowry's been playing like a top 3 PG this season and he's one of the best defensive PGs in the game. I agree that playoff Parker can get chuck-happy and can dribble-dribble-dribble, but nothing about his play the past few weeks is concerning.

Thread Information