Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Alright. we should try this weekend

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mofo's nobody has yet to add me...

BLADEMASTER (360)

I just added you. I'll be online later tonight, so send me an invite or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone hear the message from Fenix's dad..... possible cliffhanger for GOW3? I think the 3rd installment (if it is made) will be the during pendellum (SP?) wars.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone hear the message from Fenix's dad..... possible cliffhanger for GOW3? I think the 3rd installment (if it is made) will be the during pendellum (SP?) wars.
    been confirmed that gears is a trilogy and I doubt it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    900/1000 on Gow2. I need 2 more meatflags for my achievement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check this out....

GOW2 Easter Egg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it the toaster? I tried finding it couldn't find it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it the toaster? I tried finding it couldn't find it.
    Yeah... When I get a chance I am going back to see of I can find it .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    900/1000 on Gow2. I need 2 more meatflags for my achievement.
    DAMN did you beat it on Insane?

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Anybody else having trouble getting your saved single player campaign to load when you're connected to Live? It won't load my game unless I unplug my ethernet cable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody else having trouble getting your saved single player campaign to load when you're connected to Live? It won't load my game unless I unplug my ethernet cable.
    Nope.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nope. I finished the game today. I did one chapter on casual cause I set it there on accident, now I gotta remember which one was it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Yeah. It started for me after a while.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We need to get an ST party one day. 5 people and rank up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to get an ST party one day. 5 people and rank up.
    ST clan?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, just a party. All you need is 5 people.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I've been stuck on the gold rank for a week, don't know how to get above that.

Let's play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let's play.
    hit me up when your online man, im either playing that or COD: WAW

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I haven't played online yet, but I listened to a 360/Gears podcast the other day where they were talking about how terribly ed the ranking system is. Some people will win 50 matches and not rank up while sometimes people are just ranking up for no apparent reason at all. Nobody knows what the ranks are, because they're just using arbitrary symbols, or how to affect them. Furthermore, they're just matching up people irregardless of rank. Seems pretty ty that a game of this magnitude could up the logistics of its online component so badly.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I haven't played online yet, but I listened to a 360/Gears podcast the other day where they were talking about how terribly ed the ranking system is. Some people will win 50 matches and not rank up while sometimes people are just ranking up for no apparent reason at all. Nobody knows what the ranks are, because they're just using arbitrary symbols, or how to affect them. Furthermore, they're just matching up people irregardless of rank. Seems pretty ty that a game of this magnitude could up the logistics of its online component so badly.
    They rank you up by rank. It can be a . My friend has that rank after the golden thing, so if we play online, the other team will have all gold, and sometimes we get stuck with a guy with 1 bar.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LOL I guess it is pretty ed. I just read on the xbox.com forums about a guy who's first game went from no rank to the rank with 2 bars after finishing the match with 1 kill and 2 deaths.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL I guess it is pretty ed. I just read on the xbox.com forums about a guy who's first game went from no rank to the rank with 2 bars after finishing the match with 1 kill and 2 deaths.

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Let’s take a moment to look over the ranking system in Gears of War 2, to make sure everyone understands what they’re looking at when they check out other players online. Your rank in Gears of War 2 multiplayer is based on your TrueSkill rating, which calculates the relative strength of all players on Xbox LIVE.

Gears of War 2 RanksThere are five ranks total, and the first rank is achieved after you play your first multiplayer match. The more Gears 2 matches you win, the higher your rank will be, and your rank will go down when you lose matches. Rank is not affected by Horde Mode and private matches. The ranks are displayed in game using the icons to the left.

TrueSkill is like the chess ELO system, which tries to predict who should win the match based on the skill of the players. If you were predicted to lose and your team wins, then your TrueSkill goes up more than if you won and you were predicted to win. This holds true for the inverse scenario: If you were predicted to win and you lose, then your ranking drops more than if you were predicted to lose.

Rank is not a constantly increasing value, such as is typical in role-playing games (RPGs). Your rank may plateau or even drop as it closes in on your correct and accurate skill level. It will probably take tens of Public Xbox LIVE matches for your rank to move in one direction or another, and it may even take hundreds of matches to achieve a skill with the highest rank we offer, assuming you are good enough to get there.

Also, keep in mind that each rank icon represents a specific range or bucket of TrueSkill values, so while your skill is fluctuating in very small increments from match to match, your rank icon will only change when your skill moves from one bucket to the next. Therefore, your rank is not just about number of kills or experience or the amount of time played. It's an aggregated representation of your skill level based on your wins and losses during Public Xbox LIVE matches. And yes, quitting will lower your rank.

- Six Okay

Thread Information