Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least if balli, myself, or Drachen purchases a Droid OS, we'll know how to work it.
    you'll also be the biggest dumbass around considering that OS is opensource.

then again, you don't have to convince me because i am already under the impression that you are a in' dumb pos head suckin' little .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    However, having used the Ipad, I wouldn't type a 20 page paper on it either.
    and why's that? i use my ipad daily to write notes in my classes, to write my papers altogether, and to WIFI.

the thing i love about this ipad and not having to go backwards in time and install some stupid in' taskmanager on it.

i'll tell you what though, i do like the androidOS as well because i enjoy opensource. i'm just saying...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and why's that? i use my ipad daily to write notes in my classes, to write my papers altogether, and to WIFI.

the thing i love about this ipad and not having to go backwards in time and install some stupid in' taskmanager on it.

i'll tell you what though, i do like the androidOS as well because i enjoy opensource. i'm just saying...
    iOS is based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin_(operating_system)

Me stupid me thinks simplicity is a good thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh yeah Koriwhat, you can write notes only because the screen is responsive and actually works unlike the machines running android. gawd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

then again, you don't have to convince me because i am already under the impression that you are a in' dumb pos head suckin' little .
    He is talking about buying a product using the OS. Cmon, you KNOW that and are being nitpicky.

Well i am glad you feel comfortable doing that (writing the paper,notes,etc.). The worlds finest, CH, and I (and presumably many others) just don't feel comfortable doing that. For me, at least, it is a matter of preference, not capability. I won't even type much on a netbook, just not comfortable for me other than for quick notes and editing.

oh yeah Koriwhat, you can write notes only because the screen is responsive and actually works unlike the machines running android. gawd
    The capacitive touch screen is just as responsive as that of the ipad. Additionally, I find it to be suspect that given all of the misstatements that you have made about android/the nook color that you have had a lot of exp with 2.2. Also, as i have previosly stated, the ridiculously early version of 3.0 which was developed off of an image (not the source code) for the NC does have wifi.

-Sent, half asleep from my nook color

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    something more modern and less 1990, something you don't pop 4 big wheel tires on and haul the neighbors trash away in, and something less military considering your punkass couldn't even last 1 minute in a ring with me let alone bootcamp at randolph afb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is talking about buying a product using the OS. Cmon, you KNOW that and are being nitpicky.
    if your little boyfriend is going to nitpick every god damn thing i post here, you know i'm gonna throw this in his face. him!

The worlds finest, CH, and I (and presumably many others) just don't feel comfortable doing that.
    world's finest? god damn yall nerds are something else.

oh and CryBaby, i'm not mad at all... not even 0.1%. i'd love to punch your got ass in the face but that doesn't mean i'm mad about anything, especially nothing off the net.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    world's finest? god damn yall nerds are something else.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Drachen, apparently koriwhat thinks you were calling us the finest in the world. Ain't that some ?

Hey, nozzle. He was referring to the poster "The_World's_Finest".
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5276

I know that's tough to comprehend, but do try to keep up with the most basic of intellectual functioning. You're so ing stupid it hurts.

oh and CryBaby, i'm not mad at all... not even 0.1%. i'd love to punch your got ass in the face but that doesn't mean i'm mad about anything, especially nothing off the net.
    So you're not mad, but you want to punch me? Be a man and admit it.... u definitely mad.

Thanks for entertaining us with your idiocy, though.
    Last edited by Cry Havoc; 02-03-2011 at 10:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if your little boyfriend is going to nitpick every god damn thing i post here, you know i'm gonna throw this in his face. him!
    Boyfriend? Koriwhat, that is uncalled for, I haven't done thing one to you (in fact I have stuck up for you a few times). I know you are bitter but deal with it. Its the internet, if an internet website makes you bitter, quit going to it.

-The Worlds Finest Nook Color User.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You may be a God, but Drachen and I are the world's finest. Suck it, Manny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. Drachen, apparently koriwhat thinks you were calling us the finest in the world. Ain't that some ?

Hey, nozzle. He was referring to the poster "The_World's_Finest".
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5276

I know that's tough to comprehend, but do try to keep up with the most basic of intellectual functioning. You're so ing stupid it hurts.
    oh, next time i'll check my memory bank about useless threads on ST, threads i don't even think i've visited.

So you're not mad, but you want to punch me? Be a man and admit it.... u definitely mad.
    just 'cause i want to punch your little ms abercrombie ass in the face doesn't equate to me being pissed off or mad about anything. your face just looks like a great punching bag to put my fist in. nothing more, nothing less.

Boyfriend? Koriwhat, that is uncalled for, I haven't done thing one to you (in fact I have stuck up for you a few times). I know you are bitter but deal with it. Its the internet, if an internet website makes you bitter, quit going to it.

-The Worlds Finest Nook Color User.
    don't get all CH on me and become a baby too over words that don't mean anyhow... if you want it, here it is, sorry for hurting your feelings.

i'll now, neal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh, next time i'll check my memory bank about useless threads on ST, threads i don't even think i've visited.
    Lol koriwhat now claiming he hasn't visited a thread he's posted in multiple times.

lol backpedaling

lol still an idiot

just 'cause i want to punch your little ms abercrombie ass in the face doesn't equate to me being pissed off or mad about anything. your face just looks like a great punching bag to put my fist in. nothing more, nothing less.
    Yeah, but y u mad tho?

don't get all CH on me and become a baby too over words that don't mean anyhow... if you want it, here it is, sorry for hurting your feelings.

i'll now, neal with it.
    kw accusing other people of not handling online insults well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Memory bank?!?!??!?!?!?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...hmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By far your most intelligent post in this thread. Props.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The First Good Android Tablet Has Locked Down Wi-Fi and Costs $800, Ughhhh
    The Motorola Xoom sure has a lot of whizbang stuff inside: Crazy dual-core processors! Nvidia graphics! HD camcorder! 1GB RAM! Front camera! 3G that's somehow magically upgradeable to 4G! But, uh, it's eight hundred dollars. And it gets worse.

The worse being fine print in the leaked Best Buy ad that says:

To activate WiFi functionality on this device, a minimum of one month data subscription is required.
    Like Engadget, we can't figure out any other way to translate that besides the Xoom's Wi-Fi is locked down until you activate a data subscription with Verizon. They're requiring you to buy at least one month of data service to a basic feature of the hardware? What. The. Balls.

The pricing is horribly wrong for a couple of reasons on top of that. One, there isn't a cheaper option. While the most expensive iPad with 3G and 64GB of storage was $830, people still had the option to purchase a bunch of cheaper models, down to $500. In other words, the iPad cost as much as a netbook; the Xoom costs as much as a laptop.

And while the Xoom's guts are steelier than the iPad's right now—justifying the price difference—that probably won't be the case in a just a couple of months, when a new iPad's likely to show up. Historically, Apple's next-generation gear tends to have sparkly new specs while maintaining the same pricepoints. Meaning the Xoom's $800 price tag isn't going to look any better, so hopefully Moto's promised Wi-Fi model is coming sooner, not later.

Don't get me wrong, the reason the pricing seems so gross is that we've been waiting for nearly a year for some real iPad compe on. And at $800, with required data service, I think Moto will mostly be selling them to diehard nerds.

If Motorola really wanted to kill the iPad, they'd undercut it. Here's to misprints. [Engadget]

Send an email to Matt Buchanan, the author of this post, at [email protected].

Oh this one actually Works with 3.0, not "works" like a modded NC.

I cant wait to see the IPAD2 blow this one out of the water with performance, usability, hardware, AND price

Veteran
    My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    ... tablets running android. None of them will be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooooo a superior tablet to the iPad and it's slightly more expensive? Shocking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol iPad 2: Now with copy-paste and a camera!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, it's good to see compe ion finally catching up to the iPad, at least hardware-wise. It took what, a year? It's also nice to see Android finally catching up in some real core features like inApp purchases.

That said, the iPad is truly an incredible device. It isn't just the hardware, but the actual platform (hardware/software combination). I'm really looking forward to seeing what the improvements are in the new generation. Some of them are pretty obvious (facetime), but I'm also hoping for dual cores, a shader-capable GPU and increased battery life (which isn't bad right now, but more is always better).

The only thing that makes me a little nervous about the Android side of the equation is that they basically can't distinguish themselves on the software side, thus it's an arms race on the hardware side, with most likely fairly thin margins and where a flop could be very costly. Otherwise, I like the compe ion. It's only good for us consumers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol iPad 2: Now with copy-paste and a camera!
    iOS4 has cut and copy. Ipad2 will have a camera. I wouldn't want a camera on my ipad anyway. Thats what my CAMERA is for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sooooo a superior tablet to the iPad and it's slightly more expensive? Shocking.
    Dumbass your comparing last years model to the latest attempt at compe ion. Ipad 2 will be cheaper.....(and what your dumbass missed) wont require one month commitment to unlock wifi. LOL and its ty motorola.

Thread Information