Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Smile you sonofabitch Chief Brody's Avatar
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I don't think the Bulls are overrated. The Clippers are overrated, they are an unhatched egg being counted as a chicken. The Bulls were just crippled chickens.
    They will win at least 55, but there's just no way you can realistically see them beating the Heat with such limited offensive skill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc and Mark have other things in common. They both play their starters too long, and they don't know anything about using their benches.
    I don't think you can say that about Hollins. Inserting Poindexter and Bayless for Prince and Allen was a great adjustment that at least gave them a fighting chance. I'm sure some white coach told him to do that because it was a good move though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think you can say that about Hollins. Inserting Poindexter and Bayless for Prince and Allen was a great adjustment that at least gave them a fighting chance. I'm sure some white coach told him to do that because it was a good move though.
    Never heard of Mark or Doc Hollins. I don't think all black coaches coach alike, it's a ludicrous claim. No reason to entertain it. Hollins is a good coach, he just had a soft ass pussy in Gasol and a question mark in Randolph. Neither played to their potential that series, but then they were so shocked to be in the WCF I think they felt the season was over anyhow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will win at least 55, but there's just no way you can realistically see them beating the Heat with such limited offensive skill.
    no. Pacers or Heat. No one else stands even an outside chance short of injury issues.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Lionel Hollins wore neat suits and played the part well, though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I repeated that the Grizzlies should be playing Pondexter and Bayless in every thread during that series, I can bump at least 5 posts where I pointed out that it's an obvious adjustment, and I don't consider myself to be a genius, it's a simple move..it's sad that it took Hollins like 2 games to realize..

Exposing mismatches that are presented to you is basic basketball that 100% of coaches are able to do, tbh..Harrison Barnes was inefficient against Neal/Parker, the rest of their team didn't get involved, I think Pop was content with the result..once Leonard shadowed Klay Thompson, the Warriors didn't make any effective adjustments, also..

I'm not blindly stating that these coaches "lean" on their assistants..it's been widely reported from several sources that my examples of assistants weren't just coaches that were "leaned" on, but they were coaches that actually designed the systems and called the X's and O's(Doc-Thibs, Mark Jackson-Malone, Mike Brown-Kuester, etc)..

And I don't think all Black coaches are "bad", just mostly average and vanilla..most players that become coaches are ty coaches, there are only a few exceptions, and most NBA players are obviously Black..
    Last edited by HarlemHeat37; 10-30-2013 at 12:44 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think you gotta give Mark Jackson some credit as a guy who can really reach his players and buy into what he's selling and play hard for him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mike Brown is another guy that comes to mind that has earned the trust of his players. The players tend to see him as one of the guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you gotta give Mark Jackson some credit as a guy who can really reach his players and buy into what he's selling and play hard for him.
    I agree, Black coaches are great motivators, but everybody knows Mike Malone designed their system and called their X's and O's..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I repeated that the Grizzlies should be playing Pondexter and Bayless in every thread during that series, I can bump at least 5 posts where I pointed out that it's an obvious adjustment, and I don't consider myself to be a genius, it's a simple move..it's sad that it took Hollins like 2 games to realize..

Exposing mismatches that are presented to you is basic basketball that 100% of coaches are able to do, tbh..Harrison Barnes was inefficient against Neal/Parker, the rest of their team didn't get involved, I think Pop was content with the result..once Leonard shadowed Klay Thompson, the Warriors didn't make any effective adjustments, also..

I'm not blindly stating that these coaches "lean" on their assistants..it's been widely reported from several sources that my examples of assistants weren't just coaches that were "leaned" on, but they were coaches that actually designed the systems and called the X's and O's(Doc-Thibs, Mark Jackson-Malone, Mike Brown-Kuester, etc)..

And I don't think all Black coaches are "bad", just mostly average and vanilla..most players that become coaches are ty coaches, there are only a few exceptions, and most NBA players are obviously Black..
    While the Celtics rand Thibodeau's system that does not mean that Rivers sat there with his thumb up his ass. For example I found

Though Thibodeau was the original mastermind behind the Celtics' stellar defense, Rivers is now more than capable of upholding the system and teaching it to incoming players. Here's roughly how it works: The Celtics send everything away from the middle of the court -- especially when facing wing isolations and side pick-and-rolls -- then arrange help defenders to overplay any drives to the baseline or passes back to the middle. The result is that opponents have trouble moving the ball from one side of the court to the other, rendering the offense predictable and thus ineffective.

On offense, Rivers is a master of misdirection and has become one of the premier tacticians on sideline out-of-bounds plays. Even when the odds are stacked against him, he’ll find a way to use screen-the-screener actions to get Ray Allen wide open for a big 3-pointer. He likes to use the same play multiple times in a season, each time adding a new wrinkle that takes advantage of his opponent’s scouting report.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-on-doc-rivers

Quite frankly your characterizations are little more than gratuitous snark. Very big on generalizations and very little on actual specifics.

I also note that you make these claims and qualify them with like 'widely accepted' and leave it at that. You then follow it with characterizations making it completely one sided. How about some links? I have already discredited the notion that Hollins cannot call good plays out of timeouts.

It just seems to me that you have a poor grasp of management and leadership and see many tenants of that to be weakness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree, Black coaches are great motivators, but everybody knows Mike Malone designed their system and called their X's and O's..
    and here it is again. everybody knows <generalization>.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, your examples are terrible..

Read the first line of your link: Thibodeau was the original mastermind, but Doc is capable of upholding the system..

you're giving him credit for using the principles that Thibodeau had already instilled and taught the Celtics, particularly their core players..

Then you give me an example of "exposing mismatches", which is one of the simplest concepts in coaching that any of us could do..

Then you give me an example of 1 decent Lionel Hollins play call that failed miserable, and claim he has a good system..

I'm generalizing and not giving links because these are all common sentiments that most Internet basketball fans already know, tbh, it's a waste of time..there is a ton of material that shows assistant White coaches running the system and X's and O's while the Black figurehead motivates and leads..sorry..

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    '
    Similar to the upcoming Kidd-Frank pairing. We know Frank will do a lot of heavy lifting in day to day planning and prep. Kidd is more of like a Tribal Chief, who will decide important issues that come before him while Frank does the nuts and bolts of coaching the team.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If I'm an NBA GM, I'm liking the idea of the Affable Black Guy/Brainaic Hard-working lead white assistant model. It's like you get the best of both worlds...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    if I'm a Nets fan, I'm not worried too much about Kidd. I think he will coach these guys up just as good as he wraps his car around a tree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm an NBA GM, I'm liking the idea of the Affable Black Guy/Brainaic Hard-working lead white assistant model. It's like you get the best of both worlds...

that actually makes a lot of sense. the only way a guy like Popovich works is if you have guys like Robinson or Duncan, but they are hard to find. I think your model makes the most sense, it's reverse racism but ultimately it's a player's league. You can also have a Popovich if you have smarter, Euro players playing as well.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Read the first line of your link: Thibodeau was the original mastermind, but Doc is capable of upholding the system..

you're giving him credit for using the principles that Thibodeau had already instilled and taught the Celtics, particularly their core players..

Then you give me an example of "exposing mismatches", which is one of the simplest concepts in coaching that any of us could do..

Then you give me an example of 1 decent Lionel Hollins play call that failed miserable, and claim he has a good system..

I'm generalizing and not giving links because these are all common sentiments that most Internet basketball fans already know, tbh, it's a waste of time..there is a ton of material that shows assistant White coaches running the system and X's and O's while the Black figurehead motivates and leads..sorry..

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    To be fair, Fuzzy loves parading black causes on all subforums without any actual, real world knowledge (and interaction with) of the black man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Fuzzy loves parading black causes on all subforums without any actual, real world knowledge (and interaction with) of the black man.
    I don't think he's black, but he's probably mulatto with how much he argues about this . probably a Malcolm Gladwell type imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Grandstanding is great but the article also stated that Rivers ran the offense and was great at calling plays out of timeouts that worked. Not the oneside bull you bandy about.

You claim that exposing mismatches is something incredibly easy but as usual you back it up with nothing but a flippant comment about how you could do it but Hollins did it in such a way that it almost turned the tide. There are notions like gameplanning and actually trying to see something through that go into managing a game. He did increase those twos minutes very quickly. You can see that in Pondexter's game log

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...incy-pondexter

You also make a flippant comment about how Barnes was ineffective. Nevermind that he averaged 17 and 7 for the series which was 8 points and 4 rebounds better than his season average.

I also didn't just give an example of 1 play. You gave that example and were right on the ball in providing a link for it. Funny how you could provide that link but cannot for the rest. All I did was demonstrate that you nor the author know what you are talking about.

You should be sorry because all you are doing is demonstrating that you cannot back up what you claim with proof. I am not going to characterize it more than that because it's not really necessary. What I will do was point out that your article about Hollins earlier clearly did not describe the play in question in any way that resembled reality and that the article I found did not corroborate your one sided narrative of your black stereotype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What race do you think I am?

Quite frankly seeing that the writer of the weekly black QB thread and the champion of the black coaches schtick seem to share the same brain, I don't find your opinion any more meaningful that the other.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What race do you think I am?

Quite frankly seeing that the writer of the weekly black QB thread and the champion of the black coaches schtick seem to share the same brain, I don't find your opinion any more meaningful that the other.
    You're welcome to submit any factual errors to the BQRC, we're not above the rare one. For instance, the editor acknowledged an error about RW having a white parent. Evidence in the MNF game clearly showed us that wasn't so.

tbh who knows what your race is. I just love that your libdar goes crazy whenever a black man is slighted on this forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This dude going all the way back to 2009?

Both teams are sooooooooooooooooooooooo much different now you head.
    ya we had Manu. now we have a washed up argentine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're welcome to submit any factual errors to the BQRC, we're not above the rare one. For instance, the editor acknowledged an error about RW having a white parent. Evidence in the MNF game clearly showed us that wasn't so.
    That is the thing you use facts sparingly in your evaluation and quite often comments like "Cam Newton threw for 3 TD but it is meaningless" when you do. Like two weeks ago you just don't write it when the players do well. It's mostly snark where you ignore or downplay the good and grandstand on the bad.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    That is the thing you use facts sparingly in your evaluation and quite often comments like "Cam Newton threw for 3 TD but it is meaningless" when you do. Like two weeks ago you just don't write it when the players do well. It's mostly snark where you ignore or downplay the good and grandstand on the bad.
    I'll have you know that based on the suggestion of one of our minority readers we are adding a White QB Addendum to the BQRC. The minority has a voice among our loyal readers, so I resent your accusations.

Thread Information