• Vince Young

22 75.86%
  • Johnny Manziel

7 24.14%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I didn't watch, but I'm betting there's no 2004 Red River clips in the YouTubes you posted.

So yeah, I guess we're cherry picking.
    That's all well. Vince's worst sure was better than the other chimp.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    In 2004, Texas didn't have receivers, if you remember in 2003 Texas top 3 receivers graduated leaving the cup board pretty bare. In 2004 the best receivers was TE David Thomas and there was literally no receiver help after that.

In that game Vince threw to beautiful passes that hit freshmen Limas Sweed right in the hands that he dropped both would have been scores. None of our receivers could score a lick.

After that season our new WR coach came in and he made one big change going into the 2K5 season. Basically he told them to stop and catch the ball and once you have caught it begin to run. It worked our receivers the next year really cut down on their dropped passes.

I'm not saying Vince was a great passer that season, he wasn't, but it wasn't all his fault Texas was shut out in that game. BTW Benson had 124 all purpose yards in that game, so you can't blame Benson for that loss either.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^probably the guy pulling out the calculator and running figures on who is "more obsessed".
    No I'm the guy that started laughing when I read those two idiots talking about obsessed when their fingerprints are all over this thread. If talking on a thread about Texas vs aggsy is being obsessed then that means they are obsessed since they have contributed 26 post in a thread just over 100 posts.

My Team
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    In 2004, Texas didn't have receivers, if you remember in 2003 Texas top 3 receivers graduated leaving the cup board pretty bare. In 2004 the best receivers was TE David Thomas and there was literally no receiver help after that.

In that game Vince threw to beautiful passes that hit freshmen Limas Sweed right in the hands that he dropped both would have been scores. None of our receivers could score a lick.

After that season our new WR coach came in and he made one big change going into the 2K5 season. Basically he told them to stop and catch the ball and once you have caught it begin to run. It worked our receivers the next year really cut down on their dropped passes.

I'm not saying Vince was a great passer that season, he wasn't, but it wasn't all his fault Texas was shut out in that game. BTW Benson had 124 all purpose yards in that game, so you can't blame Benson for that loss either.
    Blame the receivers then.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    30-2 as a starter, lol.

When the*St. Louis Rams*went bargain shopping for a new quarterback in the wake of Sam Bradford's*season-ending knee injury, they ended up with the less than inspired selections of*Brady Quinn*and*Austin Davis.

Vince Young, owner of a career 31-19 record as a starting quarterback, can't figure out why his phone never rang.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...hes-not-in-nfl
    lol Vince

Post Count
    Son, now you're really reaching. We're talking college football here... hence the original post.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Son, now you're really reaching. We're talking college football here... hence the original post.
    It's a sidebar lol.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Vince in the NFL is a whole other issue. When Vince figures out why he isn't wanted in the NFL it will likely be too late for him. Maturity, humility and coachable are important assets when you need work on technique and throwing ability. Vince has none of them.

Post Count
    Vince in the NFL is a whole other issue. When Vince figures out why he isn't wanted in the NFL it will likely be too late for him. Maturity, humility and coachable are important assets when you need work on technique and throwing ability. Vince has none of them.
    A lot of GMs seem to be risk averse when it comes to the QB position too.

Thread Information